Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Trailer looks pretty damn good to me. I think this is the best Thanos has looked on the big screen since the end credits of A1. The only thing that I don't get is why until now he's been sitting around doing nothing in full armor & helmet, and now that it's time for battle he's ditched it.:dunno:lol Hopefully it's because he feels he doesn't even need it.

Can't wait to witness some major carnage from my favorite super villain come May!:rock

The Russos have said that the idea is - at least when Thanos comes to Earth - he's so aware of his power he doesn't need armor. Considering some of the Asgardians' attitudes toward humans (Odin and Loki), imagine Thanos just sees humans as annoying bugs to step on. Nothing you need armor for.

And I think this Thanos looks amazing - great translation of comic to screen. He has presence:clap.

And it's a hell of a trailer. Doesn't spoil everything. And leaves room for a probably/possible trailer #2. Marvel and the Russos listen to the fans; they'll be tweaking stuff re feedback.

Just hope they are showing this with Last Jedi tho I dunno - maybe that would be kind of weird - showing the BP trailer and then it's obvious T'Challa is fine and then show the IW trailer???? But I'll be sorry not to see the IW trailer in IMAX:(.

The Russos have said that the idea is - at least when Thanos comes to Earth - he's so aware of his power he doesn't need armor. Considering some of the Asgardians' attitudes toward humans (Odin and Loki), imagine Thanos just sees humans as annoying bugs to step on. Nothing you need armor for.

And I think this Thanos looks amazing - great translation of comic to screen. He has presence:clap.

And it's a hell of a trailer. Doesn't spoil everything. And leaves room for a probably/possible trailer #2. Marvel and the Russos listen to the fans; they'll be tweaking stuff re feedback.

Just hope they are showing this with Last Jedi tho I dunno - maybe that would be kind of weird - showing the BP trailer and then it's obvious T'Challa is fine and then show the IW trailer???? But I'll be sorry not to see the IW trailer in IMAX:(.

Cool, makes sense to me. Thanks for the info!:duff

I still prefer DCU and aren't overly pumped for IW, but when Thor 3 outgrosses Justice League 1...

208d9n.jpg

But if he isn't in need of any armor why not walk naked?

At least Superman was raised on earth with Earth customs and physique.

How do we know aliens out there in the cosmos even know what clothes and armor even are.

So does Thanos wear clothes for modesty, to protect from the elements, from being injured by trauma or is it for showing off.

If it is for showing off his prowess then a regal helmet would make alot of sense.

But he needs a full armor to sit in that space toilet?

Cool trailer, but I have lots of issues.

The Good:

1. Evans is Captain America. Its incredible how he sells me on his Steve Rogers with every frame. Hate to see him go after this, specially since he only really had 1 great Cap film.

2. The Guardians at the end completely sell me. They're basically the best Marvel has to offer now. 2 for 2 and just a blast to spend a couple of hours with. Their presence here is welcomed. Plus I think Thor's a good fit for them.

3. Vision/Adam Warlock. I'm still curious about whether or not Vision is in some way going to play Adam's role here from IG (since they're not going to introduce Adam until GOTG3). Seeing him with regular skin trying to look more human is something I pretty much expected to happen in CW but for whatever reason they just gave him a sweater and pants.

The Bad:

1. Thanos looks sooooooo CG (fake). I was really hoping the Russos somehow convinced the studio to try and do him practical but that was just wishful thinking. He looks totally unreal and it completely took me out of the trailer. Constantly.

2. Holland Spider-kid. Don't care about him. At all. Hate the suit.

3. Hulk. Looks bad. Hasn't looked good since AOU. Are they just not trying anymore with his CG rendering? He looked awful in Ragnarok and didn't improve at all here.

So yeah, I'm torn. Aspects of it look cool while others don't interest me at all (its depressing how Downey's presence in these films does absolutely nothing for me at this point).

I think Holland has great screen presence he is great as Peter.

The cgi of his arm hair standing up looked phenomenal.

You know where Marvel messed up in this otherwise superb trailer?

Thanos first on screen punch should've NOT been an actual fisted punch but instead a back handed ***** slap lol.

If they can literally turn back time that undercuts the sense of danger that they face. And on top that just another typical super hero movie.

So they are showing us black panther in trailer basicly negating his whole movie. You know he will come out on top. So I can literally skip black panther and it will have no impact on Infinity War.

What a joke this whole shared universe had only one benefit having and an avenge rs movie but it comparison it forces every movie to build towards it and by definition thier own individual movies are meaning less.

These movies are turning in high quality TV show they are no longer epic events. You can skip one and catch up later .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If they can literally turn back time that undercuts the sense of danger that they face. And on top that just another typical super hero movie.

So they are showing us black panther in trailer basicly negating his whole movie. You know he will come out on top. So I can literally skip black panther and it will have no impact on Infinity War.

What a joke this whole shared universe had only one benefit having and an avenge rs movie but it comparison it forces every movie to build towards it and by definition thier own individual movies are meaning less.

These movies are turning in high quality TV show they are no longer epic events. You can skip one and catch up later .

Reminds me of real life. Middle America loses jobs. Silicon Valley can care less. Life moves on. Meaningless issues in Middle America.

I mean they weren’t gonna do anything drastic to black panther in his first movie

You know where Marvel messed up in this otherwise superb trailer?

Thanos first on screen punch should've NOT been an actual fisted punch but instead a back handed ***** slap lol.

That punch was brutal tho

Reminds me of real life. Middle America loses jobs. Silicon Valley can care less. Life moves on. Meaningless issues in Middle America.
At least these people have a middle class for most of the world it's either Rich or Poor no in beteeen

Back