Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

I wish they had shown Thanos getting the reality stone from the collector. It was nice that we got a glimpse of it, even if it was fake, but I really wanted to see those two meeting.

It will officially be the end of the Avengers series if Kathleen has her way. Stark and the Captain lay vulnerable and defeated side by side waiting for Thanos to deliver their death blows.

Then out of nowhere elderly Leia flys in and gets them to safety. Rey drops from the sky and force chokes Thanos to death. Roll credits.

I wish they had shown Thanos getting the reality stone from the collector. It was nice that we got a glimpse of it, even if it was fake, but I really wanted to see those two meeting.

Yeah. They never showed him get the purple stone on Xandar either.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Isn’t Larson supposed to be the Rey of the MCU?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Isn't that what I said? That it's an impossible task to show every day of their lives? It didn't seem to me that any character at all was in a different place in their lives. They were all right where we left them on their own individual paths from the previous movies. Cap & Tony still aren't talking. Cap is still a do gooder, Stark is still an egotistical narcissistic ass that won't admit what he did in CW was wrong and Cap was right. Widow & Falcon are still following Cap. The Government still considers Cap & his pals fugitives and criminals. Rhodey is still General Ross lackey as he is a military man, whether he agrees or not. Bucky was awoken only after his request that he was "healed" as seen at the end of BP. Drax still wants to kill Thanos. Quill & Gamorra are still doing their relationship dance. Groot is now a teenager. Rocket is still Rocket. Nebula wants to kill Thanos. Peter is still an inexperienced kid in high school trying to figure things out. Vision & Wanda are still trying to figure out their feelings for each other & how/if it can work. Strange & Wong are still the protectors of our dimension. It's all there. what your asking for would mean another Iron Man movie, Cap movie, Spider-Man movie, Strange movie, GOTG movie, a Scarlet Witch & Vision movie, Black Panther movie with Bucky, all ending on the same day that IW starts. Thor Ragnarok is the closest movie that feels like a direct lead in, cause it was. There may be some holes here and there, but nothing of significance to me. I didn't need to see Tony & Pepper's romance blossoming to the point of marriage and having a baby.

Yes because there was a fraction of the characters that are in IW. And your listing group moments, not individual moments. Meanwhile at the same time people complain that the villain Ultron (like most Marvel movie Villains up until IW with Thanos) wasn't developed enough at the expense of the heroes characterizations. IW is Thanos' movie. He was the star.

But its not. There were 8 - 10 hours of episodes over a few days leading to that, just like 17 movies leading to this. And you can't do that in movies. Some time needs to pass. Again, that's what I said. Ignoring every episode of the season and just watching the 2 part finale. IW is the 2 part finale of 10 years of storytelling, but we haven't seen part 2 yet. The next Phase 4 will be and feel completely different as said by Feige.

Everything you said is 100% correct and it should be the end of all this nonsense :lol ;)

But seriously.. I agree.

This reminds me, I can't wait to read Khev's thoughts on this. He'll either defend it to death and blatantly ignore any obvious criticisms like TLJ or he'll be the party-pooper like he was in the BP thread. :lol

"Muhhh action!" :panic:

I don't know what he will think... I know that Cap gets short changed a bit so that may bug him.

He can't get past the original Avengers because he worse a bad suit.. Khev is very sensitive when it comes to Cap :lol

Kind of like me and Hulk :)

What are Captain Marvel's powers supposed to be anyway? I know next to nothing about her character.

Is she powerful enough to tip the scales against Thanos?

Isn’t Larson supposed to be the Rey of the MCU?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Feige said she is the most powerful Avenger.

Why didn't Strange use the time stone when he was fighting Thanos? Why not trap him in an endless time loop?

Why didn't Strange use the time stone when he was fighting Thanos? Why not trap him in an endless time loop?
I keep thinking the 14 million futures excuse covers that.

But yeah, I thought that, I also wondered why Strange didn't cut his arm off with a portal while Thanos was restrained and other scenarios, maybe they're covered by the 14 million futures too :lol

What are Captain Marvel's powers supposed to be anyway? I know next to nothing about her character.

Adam Warlock is....

and digital comics are your friend.

In the comics, she's kind of like Superman/ Wonder Woman (super strength, flight, invulnerability), but she can shoot cosmic energy from her hands. The movie might make changes.

In the MCU, it's never specified what are Thanos' powers without the gauntlet. He seemed weaker and more vulnerable than the comic version.

Just got back from my second viewing.

I liked it even more. Pretty much love it.

People are saying its a mess and has problems structure wise.. I think it is an easy and cohesive story to follow. The structure is not traditional due it being half a story. I can't get over how well the story all flows together with so many characters all over the Universe.

I think other then Cap, Falcon, BP, and BW.. All of the characters had a very good to great character moments. IM, SM, GOTG, Thor, Dr. Strange, and Banner had wonderful moments in this film and all were taken to very dark places.

I have read somewhere here on this thread that Star Lord was not very Star Lordy. They said he seemed less bad ass or something like that.. Accept that he only took on IM and Spidey pretty much all by himself. Great moment for Star Lord and his fans..

I found the Thor Hammer building scenes to go by much quicker this time also.

Audience I saw it with cheered at all the right moments and were in stunned silence at the end.

This was a perfect 1st half to the story.. I hope they don't blow it for part two.

Feige said she is the most powerful Avenger.

Remember he went into the future and saw 14 million outcomes and only 1 were they won the battle. I will assume he tried to used his time stone in many of those outcomes.

Giving up the Time Stone to save Tony puts the events to defeat Thanos on its path.

Back