Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90cb2491c126c33b7e485e2e96ec93d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One one cares how powerful the character is as long as he's intimifating and fun to watch.

Norman Bates
Maleficent
Hannibal Lecter
The Kurgan
Norman Stansfield
T-1000
Davy Jones
Ledger's Joker
Hans Landa
Anton Chigurh

These are great villains because they're actually villains.
They're not sympathetic. They're not "heroes gone wrong".

Darth Vader was a great villain... but then he saved his son, revealed his soft face with warm fatherly voice and became a "good ghost". Vader hasn't been a great villain since 1980.

It will depend on IW2 (Marvel must love it being called IW2 now)

But even if Thanos holds up in 2 he will never usurp Vader but I could see him being included in the top 5.

Re: Avengers: Infinity war - (warning: Spoilers)

Wait wasn’t there a scene where Thanos changed something into all bats and sent them towards IM.

Did Marvel use Batman’s weapon!

One of the best parts in the movie imo. That was crazy. Funny how he kept turning things into bubbles. Also weird how he turned Drax and mantis into paper and rocks and they turn back to normal when he leaves

I don't see Thanos as a villain, but he is easily one of if not the most imposing antagonist I've seen in a film. Never mind that he can turn people into bubbles (so evil?? :lol), but he just looks like he can crush anyone easily, with no effort. The fact that he doesn't always use violence and seems to have a code of honor, just makes him unpredictable. I like him very much as a character. As far as movie villains go, Joker > Thanos. :)

I hope Black Widow dies. As the universe expands and more characters with powers show up, I find her less believable and honestly, I think she diminishes other characters by somehow being an equal or better, when she's literally a human with glow sticks and guns. Either enhance her, or kill her already. Proxima should have easily overpowered her in a fight. The same goes for Corvos Glaive. They're like 7 feet tall for god's sake. She's not only as skilled as BW, but literally much bigger and stronger, so BW has no advantages.

Yep, she's the female version of Cap now. Too OP within her own movie universe. In TWS for the first time we saw that she knew physically she had met her match against The Winter Soldier. If it was an enhanced comic book version of her it would make more sense, but Avengers 1 made clear that her and Hawkeye are just extraordinary human fighters, mixing it with a dude in a super metal suit, an alien "demigod" and a couple of humans who have undergone what Banner and Rogers underwent to become their superhero selves. Comic Vine is full of vs threads where there are people who are adamant that she would even lose vs Melinda May or Bobbie Morse.. (dunno, I don't watch Agents of Shield)

I just found it a bit much that she and Wakanda's second? best fighter (who doesn't even have the Black Panther "upgrades") could fight Midnight like that, when earlier fights had Dr Strange, Spidey, Iron Man and Wong.... and Vision and Scarlet Witch (albeit a nerfed, near dying Vision) struggling as much as they did against members of The Black Order..

Crazy Crazy Theory!

What if the people that died are actually alive and the people that survived are in reality dead?!?!?

Boom! I can hear heads exploding! :lol

Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch should be the strongest.

that's what I figured. My gf brought up Adam Warlock as someone who is also very powerful, but was only slightly mentioned in GOTG2. You guys think he might be in the 2nd IW?

Yep, she's the female version of Cap now. Too OP within her own movie universe. In TWS for the first time we saw that she knew physically she had met her match against The Winter Soldier. If it was an enhanced comic book version of her it would make more sense, but Avengers 1 made clear that her and Hawkeye are just extraordinary human fighters, mixing it with a dude in a super metal suit, an alien "demigod" and a couple of humans who have undergone what Banner and Rogers underwent to become their superhero selves. Comic Vine is full of vs threads where there are people who are adamant that she would even lose vs Melinda May or Bobbie Morse.. (dunno, I don't watch Agents of Shield)

I just found it a bit much that she and Wakanda's second? best fighter (who doesn't even have the Black Panther "upgrades") could fight Midnight like that, when earlier fights had Dr Strange, Spidey, Iron Man and Wong.... and Vision and Scarlet Witch (albeit a nerfed, near dying Vision) struggling as much as they did against members of The Black Order..

Before SW came and helped out, it looked like BW was going to bite the dust. I don't know anything about the black order, but besides the wizard elf looking guy , the rest were portrayed not nearly as bad ass. That Alien homage was amazing to kill him off though.

Back