Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Just wait for the Mondo poster(s), that's our only source for really creative, artistic posters anymore.

Well I said cooling down not dead cold lol.

Spiderman MCU attachment should've saved that movie from now having the worst 2nd weekend drop in the MCU, even worse drop than the freaking TIH!

It had a great opening weekend no doubt about that but it's playing more like ASM2 which was the catalyst for the reboot to begin with.

But now that kara will be seeing this every weekend it should improve some.

He's helping the cause too :yess: :lol

I can't figure out why this is taking the hit that it is. It's getting great reviews, it's mostly considered to be the best Spider-man movie in 13 years. There is some comp in the theaters, but none that I think would make it underpreform by 5%-8% daily. The consensus and performance are a bit unbalanced. But I'm sure it'll pull in 750k worldwide after it's 3 months+ run in theaters

I think JYE has me confused with, possibly 80% of the board who do go to see movies 4-5 times regularly :lol But if I see it twice, which is a possibility, that will be a big aberration for me.

Like Pop, I'm also a bit confused about the dropoff. Word of mouth seems good, critics love it. Plus, it's got Iron Man. As good as Wonder Woman was, it wasn't nearly as good as this movie, though there were other factors there such as a stronger romantic subplot and a female character getting real attention for the first time. You can't attribute it too much to superhero burn out when Wonder Woman just overperformed. Maybe it's just the competition with Planet of the Apes.

Planet of the apes, Dunkirk, Valerian, audiences want entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valerian and Dunkirk just opened last night so we'll see how they affect Spidey this weekend. Apes surely impacted the 2nd weekend. Hopefully Parker will swim back to the top after these few big waves. I think the movie deserves to do well

Well Dunkirk and Spidey aren't crossover flicks. But Valerian and Spidey are.

I think JYE has me confused with, possibly 80% of the board who do go to see movies 4-5 times regularly :lol But if I see it twice, which is a possibility, that will be a big aberration for me.

Like Pop, I'm also a bit confused about the dropoff. Word of mouth seems good, critics love it. Plus, it's got Iron Man. As good as Wonder Woman was, it wasn't nearly as good as this movie, though there were other factors there such as a stronger romantic subplot and a female character getting real attention for the first time. You can't attribute it too much to superhero burn out when Wonder Woman just overperformed. Maybe it's just the competition with Planet of the Apes.

Im still confused lol. I can understand ww over performing tho. It was seen more as an event. For me it was a good movie, simple and safe. I was more entertained by spiderman. I think spidey will be saved@ by overseas performance

Maybe WW had better marketing? I don't have regular TV anymore, but I still somehow saw a lot of Wonder Woman commercials. Not so much from Spidey. There could even be an element of, dare I say it, Iron Man burnout! He's been in about 500 movies now.

How much a part of the movie is Iron Man in Homecoming?
He's really important to the story, and is a big part of Spidey's motivation. But he probably doesn't have more than 10 minutes of screen time total. Happy Hogan has more. I'm pretty sure that shot in the trailer when them flying/swinging down the road together is not in the film.

Maybe WW had better marketing? I don't have regular TV anymore, but I still somehow saw a lot of Wonder Woman commercials. Not so much from Spidey. There could even be an element of, dare I say it, Iron Man burnout! He's been in about 500 movies now.

I read somehere that the marketing for spiderman was skyhigh. Oh well. I hope for marvels sake it at least crosses 700mil

I think because WW offered up something somewhat new: a female comic icon with powers.

This is sunk after this weekend (spiderman)- it's not going to suddenly pop up to the top three again

Read what I thought was a good comment about Spidey on a blog, and think a couple of points are accurate:

1) To Joe Blow movie goer, the announcement of another Spidey movie isn't new. It all blurs into seeing Spidey merchandise in drug stores and retail and movie announcements over the past few years. Doesn't matter how good the reviews are. It's another Spidey movie. Joe Blow movie goer isn't a comic fan and isn't tracking the whole Marvel universe either.

Or, for some context - DS probably over-performed a bit even w. thin script because of the novelty as well as good performances. Plus Benedict and the Sherlock craze.

2) All those folks (like my older relatives who wouldn't go to a comic book movie like Batman except for the critic reviews) went to WW after first week word of mouth. There's the World War theme, and all that. Plus a Wonder Woman who hadn't been seen since the TV series (and the Batman vs. Superman they wouldn't go to because of the reviews and anyway there's been plenty of Batman and Superman). They're not interested in a teenage superhero either. WW is an adult re commercials in a world war; Spidey is in high school.

E.g., no matter how good, comic book movies have to have some sort of hook to get Joe Blow and my cranky older relatives into a theater. Or something that catches their interest past being a comic book movie. No way I'd ever get these folks to see a Spidey movie or Thor or even CW. WW also give the warm patriotic feels. These same folks don't go to a movie release week either. They sit around waiting for Netflix etc. and/or "for the crowds to die down". Or for something to take little kids to. So the BO drop IMO isn't much different than other comic movies.

IMO it was a risk from the beginning to do a complete Spidey movie when folks can still recall the last group. So IMO what folks should be cheering is the unqualified SUCCESS of this Spidey:clap. The media is full of BS anyway, always using statistics out of context just for click bait. A week ago the media was GUSHING over Spidey.:cuckoo:

Srsly, there's a heat wave in the U.S. in a lot of places, you think Joe Blow isn't at the beach or hunkered down if front of the AC binge watching GOT? And these same folks have never heard of Tom Holland.

3) Spidey isn't EVERYONE's favorite. He's not mine *shrug*. I'm a rebel anyway in my house:lol it was always the big DC trio Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman.:monkey3. Especially Batman.

Anyway LOL I've got tickets for Spidey tonite in a plush lounge theater and gonna totally enjoy myself.:cool:

They showed it!

Superman can just crawl back into this

IMG_5608.JPG

What a bad night for WB......

The WW goodwill train made its last stop at SDCC 2017 lol

The director of JL didn't even show up to the panel and there are 2 of them lololol

Interesting thoughts Sassafras. The fact that Spidey is Marvel's posterboy, and up with Batman for the most popular comic character for kids, makes it still hard for me to wrap my head around. But certainly, the fact that typical moviegoers A) may be burned out with Spidey films in general; and B) enjoy novelty like a Wonder Woman; could help explain it. I'm disappointed because I loved the Spidey movie so much, but I'm sure it will still make a major profit at the end of the day (currently the 4th highest grossing film of the year domestically), and we'll get sequels.

What a bad night for WB......

The WW goodwill train made its last stop at SDCC 2017 lol

The director of JL didn't even show up to the panel and there are 2 of them lololol
In fairness, you can understand Snyder being away, and Whedon not wanting to be misconstrued as attempting to steal the spotlight, or really, to speak for the film as a whole since he was really just brought in for cleanup duty.

Back