Back to the Future 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is if it looked like MJF I'll be all of it....if its a passing resemblance like the Dan Chung figure than I'll happily wait it out. I want this figure so badly that its all or nothing with me.

Id want a Mary and Doc from each film really. A 1985 Marty and Doc, a 2015 Marty and Doc and then an 1885 Marty and Doc. It would be a great set, but I still doubt we are gonna see them.

If a company gets the official license they'll drain it. We'll get a 1985 Marty, Radiation Suit Marty, Enchantment Under the Sea Dance 1955 Marty just from the first film. There are a ton of BTTF fans who would pay and follow the line. If HT gets the line though they aren't big on their female characters so we probably wouldn't get a Lorraine or a Jennifer figure (I'd want both a Claudia Wells and Elizabeth Shue!)

If a company gets the official license they'll drain it. We'll get a 1985 Marty, Radiation Suit Marty, Enchantment Under the Sea Dance 1955 Marty just from the first film. There are a ton of BTTF fans who would pay and follow the line. If HT gets the line though they aren't big on their female characters so we probably wouldn't get a Lorraine or a Jennifer figure (I'd want both a Claudia Wells and Elizabeth Shue!)

I'd beg to differ as much as i'd like multiple versions myself there is no way that the average fan would buy past a classic 1985 Marty.

BTTF is my all-time favorite trilogy. Perhaps we can get one of the master sculpters or customizers on here to make us a Marty McFly figure(s).

I'd beg to differ as much as i'd like multiple versions myself there is no way that the average fan would buy past a classic 1985 Marty.

Average to moderate fan here and I'd get figures beyond the 1985 get up, just not THAT deeply. I'd want the iconic looks from each film.

I wasn't talking average casual fan. I was talking the hordes of BTTF fans that build their own DeLoreans and have been clammering for BTTF Michael J Fox inspired items WITH his likeness for decades. Either way if HT did a really good bland faced Marty for example you could kitbash a majority of the looks, the hardest being the 1985 trademark look and the 2055 looks.

I wasn't talking average casual fan. I was talking the hordes of BTTF fans that build their own DeLoreans and have been clammering for BTTF Michael J Fox inspired items WITH his likeness for decades. Either way if HT did a really good bland faced Marty for example you could kitbash a majority of the looks, the hardest being the 1985 trademark look and the 2055 looks.

Mike, some people don't realize just how huge the fan base is for this franchise, if they did they would know, like the Predator HT series, they could release a bunch of Martys and sales would be good to support more than one version of young McFly!

The Mike said:
Christopher Lloyd is more agreeable to the idea but one without the other is not exactly the same.
That's true. But unlike say without Bill Murray, a Ghostbusters line won't be the same; whereas in the case of BTTF, Doc Brown is a strong second main character, so he can carry on the BTTF line without Marty. They did that with The Ride. And besides Christopher Lloyd, there are fans of other characters played by Tom Wilson, Crispin Glover, Lea Thompson, Claudia Wells and Elisabeth Shue. But yeah Marty is crucial, I just want a BTTF line to atleast start off somewhere.

The first run of 1000 pieces of the Flux Capacitor (costing above $200) have been sold by DST. And now they are making a second batch. The first line (1985) minimates by DST is sold out, not sure if they are going to make a new batch of that one. This franchise has potential and so far since there haven't been any action figures, I will be happy with whatever number of variants HT (or any other company) come up with. I know some even complained about the number of Marty minimates, I was glad they made so many Martys and they had such great details. Sure they still haven't made any Clara and Jennifer minimates, but they will probably be included in their next line of BTTF minimates.

If no Marty figures, get the other BTTF characters rolling.

Mike, some people don't realize just how huge the fan base is for this franchise, if they did they would know, like the Predator HT series, they could release a bunch of Martys and sales would be good to support more than one version of young McFly!
To follow up on Vivek's post, the Minimates set for BTTF 1 is one of the few recent Minimate releases that sold out quickly, and is now difficult to come by (sells for a fair amount higher than retail now).

Yeah just like the Rocky line that we all know have fans from every corner of the earth? When it comes to a $150+ toy a company like HT's won't build their strategy over speculation.

You guys seem a bit too excited about the "idea" of a BTTF line and hell so am I but i'm just trying to think like an executive over a HT's.

Thats all.

When it comes to a $150+ toy a company like HT's won't build their strategy over speculation.

but i'm just trying to think like an executive over a HT's.

Thats all.
I agree, as much as I want to see HT grabbing this license, it seems unlikely that they will take a chance with this license. I am still rooting for NECA or Sideshow perhaps :).

I agree, as much as I want to see HT grabbing this license, it seems unlikely that they will take a chance with this license. I am still rooting for NECA or Sideshow perhaps :).

No its not that I don't think a company like HT's wouldn't touch the license but I just think that they would limit the release to what they (in their minds) think would guarantee sell.

I could see HT's doing this line if given the opportunity but in a limited variety. Like maybe a 1985 Marty and Doc followed by a "Future Marty" as an exclusive.

Yeah just like the Rocky line that we all know have fans from every corner of the earth? When it comes to a $150+ toy a company like HT's won't build their strategy over speculation.

You guys seem a bit too excited about the "idea" of a BTTF line and hell so am I but i'm just trying to think like an executive over a HT's.

Thats all.
I don't want to take the example too far (since these are very different toys sold at very different prices targeting, largely, very different collectors), BUT, Minimate Rocky sets were released similar to the BTTF ones, and you can still pick those up dirt cheap. . .I do agree with Voorhees's suggestion that a limited license would be best, to start out.

To follow up on Vivek's post, the Minimates set for BTTF 1 is one of the few recent Minimate releases that sold out quickly, and is now difficult to come by (sells for a fair amount higher than retail now).

i think you are referring to the Kubricks?The minimates are still cheap

I could see HT's doing this line if given the opportunity but in a limited variety. Like maybe a 1985 Marty and Doc followed by a "Future Marty" as an exclusive.
I tend to agree. I would buy any and all though.

And Doc would have to come with Einstein. :D

but I just think that they would limit the release to what they (in their minds) think would guarantee sell.

I could see HT's doing this line if given the opportunity but in a limited variety.
Yeah that would rule out all the other characters.

1:6 scale figures of Marty and Doc are indeed the ones I am hoping for. But it would be good to have 6" figures of other characters including Marty and Doc, perhaps by other company.

Rock83 said:
i think you are referring to the Kubricks?The minimates is still cheap
No, I think he is referring to the Part I (1985) minimates which is currently sold out. Initially that set was available for around $15, now goes for $30 and more.

Thats all.

Here is the thing. HT isn't predictable. The Predator line is wildly successful and they are going severely in depth to the point we are getting obsecure Preds like the "Lost Predator" to the point where new bodies are being and not just recycled. In the same respects, the HT TDK line is I would argue more popular that even the Pred line because the time of release and the quality yet that line seems to be halted at Two-Face even though main characters like Gordon could be done without too much R&D and would really sell.

It seems like when HT takes a license they have an idea in mind of what to do and whether a figure line is successful or not they cap it.

If its popular in Asian markets it'll be done. Not to mention that Sideshow getting it could still be farmed out to HT like Hellboy and The Godfather. NECA could get it but those aren't the same caliber and would scratch the itch. I wouldn't be surprised though if a company like EnterBay would snatch it considering the Dragonball:Evolution line and the 24 line as well as the Mr. Bean figures caught everyone off guard and from left field.

No its not that I don't think a company like HT's wouldn't touch the license but I just think that they would limit the release to what they (in their minds) think would guarantee sell.

Like I said it'll be predecided most likely. I don't see them doing full figure exclusives because its been a while since they did one of those for a major license but I see more the BTTF II 1955 Marty with the sunglasses, leather jacket and walkie talkie being an exclusive over the Marty in Marty McFly Jr 2055 disguise which was a major look in the film.

i think you are referring to the Kubricks?The minimates are still cheap
No, there were several Minimate releases (both 2 and 4 packs), and the first 4 pack (with McFly with orange "life saver" jacket) is hard to find. I have seen it go for upwards of $40, which is a lot for Minimates.

The price of the Kubricks is highly variable. Though I've seen the complete "basic" set of individuals boxed figures (without variants) go for $25-30 on more than one occasion, I've also seen it go for more.

ahhh ok,yeah i checked ebay and saw a bunch,but no series 1.The minimates are really nice,comes with the right accessories too.

Never owned any Minimates,just Metal gear Solid kubricks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back