"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed that the Proteus paint job isn't bad but in comparison it doesn't look good. I put in an order a week ago for the painted headsculpt and after seeing the pics I'm a little uneasy now. A repaint might be necessary, unfortunately I don't know anyone so I don't even know where to start. :dunno

Here are both of my Walt's.

Darren is currently repainting the Proteus Walt for me. It's a nice paint job and no disrespect meant, but Darren really is a superior painter. I am glad I chose to send him the Proteus head in the end, as now I can see the considerable difference.

Left: Proteus Right: Darren Carnall

Left: Darren Carnall Right: Proteus​

I don't know what you guys are talking about ! I've never seen WW with a goatee that dark . Someone needs to do some research before painting anymore sculpts. This is unacceptable for the price tag!

Agreed that the Proteus paint job isn't bad but in comparison it doesn't look good. I put in an order a week ago for the painted headsculpt and after seeing the pics I'm a little uneasy now. A repaint might be necessary, unfortunately I don't know anyone so I don't even know where to start. :dunno

It's not bad , it's bordering on terrible considering the price tag ! I'm sorry but this is truly disappointing !

WTF is up with that goatee? Nothing will drive up Q's recast trade faster than a sub-par paint app imo.

so Darren...how may I get in contact with him? :lol

He may be my go to painter from now on

I saw these up on Darrens page yesterday, but I never knew the original was from P360. This has really turned into a joke. I really hope Trevor is reading all this and decides to use an alternate route.

He's collaborated with iminime, rather use them. Denny's a trusted source and his team's paint apps are definitely Top Shelf.

the Salvador paint job looks ok, but the dark goatee doesn't look right. I sent him a pm asking if he can make mine lighter hopefully he's willing to adjust the color on mine.

Finally starting a Heisenberg. :)

The HS is from my chem suit Elvis1976 Walter.. Just put it on there to test drive.. Need to find the Trev mustache sculpt and Wallabee shoes. Argh.. hardest part.

1384030_10151911291555589_1630260375_n.jpg

1390543_10151911314415589_255594318_n.jpg

You would probably want to contact him through Facebook... he used to be active on the boards, but not as much these days.

I believe he is closed for commissions at the moment, but expects to be opening up again soon.

I can't officially comment. But I wouldn't
be spending a ton of money on a Walt sculpt.

Last edited:
It seems like a natural fit given the success of the "Cowboy" and how nice the Memento figure is shaping up. And great to see Trevor sculpts with HT quality paint applications.

It seems like a natural fit given the success of the "Cowboy" and how nice the Memento figure is shaping up. And great to see Trevor sculpts with HT quality paint applications.

I just received the head today and I can confidently say that Denny's team has knocked HT out my miles. The paintjob is unbelievably real - I would mistake it for Nathan's work had I not known who painted it.

Back