"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felina yea! Menacing Walt yea but do we really need a second bald Walt Iminime full figure with an existing head sculpt on it? If anything I think the job of casting and selling those sculpts painted up should move across to Iminime. No disrespect to Sal but Iminime's paint work is far superior and they'd be cheaper for the customer. Also makes sense with all the business Trev is currently doing with them just my 2 cents :)

I'm with you and I don't believe anyone is disrespecting Sal . The quality for the money ratio just isn't there. In hindsight I think the coupling of TG and P360 was a mistake . I think Sal bit off more than he can chew.its truly a shame ! I was pretty excited about getting my sculpt but now , not so much .

Yes hidrobud,left mine right iminime.i can show you agood amount of comparative..as you did...
Of course they're very talented,sure...but,well you know,maybe you wasn't lucky...i really sorry....

That indiana, with real hair is awesome salvador very real,
but Walter is lacking a bit..

attachment-14_zpsf2775797.jpg

I don't get it...This paint job looks great to me! :rock

Last edited:
Sal just said he has 3 painters working in the studio. The pic must be of Sal's work, and the sub-par sculpt must be one of the other painters'. That sort of gap in quality is unacceptable, though.

Sal just said he has 3 painters working in the studio. The pic must be of Sal's work, and the sub-par sculpt must be one of the other painters'. That sort of gap in quality is unacceptable, though.

Yeah I get that. Problems occur when Sal is directing people to his website to promote his work, when in truth it's going to be pot luck if your paint work actually looks like that :dunno

That's a false trade description if you ask me.

Yeah I get that. Problems occur when Sal is directing people to his website to promote his work, when in truth it's going to be pot luck if your paint work actually looks like that :dunno

That's a false trade description if you ask me.

Exactly, not acceptable unless all painters involved can deliver the same level of quality. Personally, I think you deserve a refund for the cost of the paint job. It's false advertising.

I'm teaching myself to paint, then I'll have no one blame other than myself. I have 3 WW's to practice on, altho I am still in for a Proteus sculpt/head. :lecture

Exactly, not acceptable unless all painters involved can deliver the same level of quality. Personally, I think you deserve a refund for the cost of the paint job. It's false advertising.

Indeed. I won't do that though. All this is doing is encouraging the one thing Trev wanted to avoid, feeding the recaster.

Yes hidrobud,left mine right iminime.i can show you agood amount of comparative..as you did...
Of course they're very talented,sure...but,well you know,maybe you wasn't lucky...i really sorry....

Hey Sal ! I think you have me confused with Heisenberg . He is the one who put up the comparative sculpt shots , not me . When it comes to the price we are paying for this painted sculpt , lucky should not be in the vernacular ! I have not received mine yet but I will be waiting with my fingers crossed hoping i get the same quality painted sculpt you posted earlier. If not then ill have to go the repaint route which after spending this kind of money , its a bit disconcerting .

This is what we should all get for the money

I don't get it...This paint job looks great to me! :rock

Yeah ! That does look great but this is what Heisenberg received vvvvv

Here are both of my Walt's.

Darren is currently repainting the Proteus Walt for me. It's a nice paint job and no disrespect meant, but Darren really is a superior painter. I am glad I chose to send him the Proteus head in the end, as now I can see the considerable difference.

Left: Proteus Right: Darren Carnall

Left: Darren Carnall Right: Proteus​

Back