"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm prepared for the worst...why do people paint him looking up? What is "up" with that. Ha.

Jesus... that seam in the back. Sorry to see that happened to your Walter. It's blasphemy not seeing this sculpt at it's full potential.

Wow, sorry Rdeezy. Sal needs to close his doors until he can get a hold of his QC in both the painting and casting departments.

Looking at it again with the half open mouth and upturned eyes its such a silly looking expression "Zombie Brain dead Walter" is all I can see now lol

The kick in the teeth is these don't come cheap! Be one thing if the price reflected the quality, but he is a million miles off!!!

Got my cast from Sal today

WTF? How much are these again? This really is no good for Trevor, being saddled with a sub-par outfit. It'll just drive people to the recasts, exactly what this collaboration was designed to avoid.

WTF? How much are these again? This really is no good for Trevor, being saddled with a sub-par outfit. It'll just drive people to the recasts, exactly what this collaboration was designed to avoid.

$180 plus shipping. I got wallabees too..those were $50.

Man that is brutal! Not a great cast and that paint job ain't 130 bucks worth not even close. It's Trev's call but I really don't think this arrangement is doing any good.

I'd like to remind anyone who is interested my ORIGINAL Trevor Cast painted by Nathan SilentSurfer Eakins is available as part of my series premier walt. details in my sales thread. ;)

For anyone interested... Goorin has the hat alone (without the collector's set) for $150 on their website:

https://www.goorin.com/heisenberg-hat

Whether it's the exact hat on the show or not, I don't really care, it's the closest thing available.

Kinda sucks that they made a limited edition but then released the hat again, kinda lowers the value of the collector's set.. but I'm glad people who didn't get one, can get one now.

I can say, if I knew they'd release it again.. I wouldn't have shelled out $300+ for my set (which has since gone down on eBay), I woulda just bought the hat by itself. Always a no no to make a "imited edition" then make more afterwards slightly different.

That sucks man. Just not good enough. And $50 for a pair of ten dollar shoes that'd take 15 minutes to paint? Crikey.

are the recasts better than these things?

I had one of Q's in hand a while back and it was poorly done. I opened the box expecting to see a Trevor Grove original grey cast, and instead it was white resin and had air bubbles in the ear lobes. But they wouldn't all be so badly done, so the recast option would still appeal to a lot of people.

That sucks man. Just not good enough. And $50 for a pair of ten dollar shoes that'd take 15 minutes to paint? Crikey.

The worst part for me, as I knew I'd have to get the sculpt repainted anyway after seeing Aarons, was the wait (3months) I shouldve just paid told him I'd pay $180 and he can skip the painting process and send it straight to me. Hopefully a better way to get Trevors work will be figured out.

Back