Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elle Fanning is playing the twins? I...don't hate that news if true.

1725247998519.png

Last edited:
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2024/10/1...dlands-locations-crew-shirt-predator-costume/

Very lovely looking locations but not very alien looking. Very Earthy. I'd hoped with it being set in the future we'd get a human colony on an alien planet.
Well I guess this could be an alien planet that just happens to look like Earth, like what they did with Predators. Not very interesting though.
It’s on Earth is it not? Also it’s just set photos it’s had no post production applied.

It’s on Earth is it not? Also it’s just set photos it’s had no post production applied

We only know it's set in the future but I don't think we know how far into the future. I was hoping it'd be set on an alien world. These set pics imply it probably is set on Earth.
The only bit of the plot synopsis we heard a few weeks ago that interested me was the setting and potential for interesting locales.
These pics suggest it's either set on Earth or its a very Earth like colony planet.
Just something I hoped we'd get, nothing official said it was set in space.

AvP was the closest to the Predator winning because of the Aliens being the "bad guys".

But they could try it again and have the Pred not die. Or just adapt Concrete Jungle into a movie.

Aside from the bleh synopsis overall, there was one bit from the casting call that gave me the most concern...

"Strong comedy chops required"

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Haven’t seen Prey,
no desire to see this either.

After seeing Alien Romulus, it’s clear Hollywood doesn’t know what they’re doing with old franchises like this.

Hollywood has lost it.
The art of filmmaking is lost.
Since when does “nonbinary”
have **** to do with a Predator?

Make an imposing monster with talented artists, all practical. Your audience isn’t there for a female lead, this is an 80s action flick that starred Schwarzenegger dripping sweat covered in mud. If there is no testosterone in a Predator film, is it really one?
I’m not saying remake the original here, but it makes sense that Dutch was the last man standing.

It makes zero that a little girl can even remotely hold her own against one.

Haven’t seen Prey,
no desire to see this either.

After seeing Alien Romulus, it’s clear Hollywood doesn’t know what they’re doing with old franchises like this.

Hollywood has lost it.
The art of filmmaking is lost.
Since when does “nonbinary”
have **** to do with a Predator?

Make an imposing monster with talented artists, all practical. Your audience isn’t there for a female lead, this is an 80s action flick that starred Schwarzenegger dripping sweat covered in mud. If there is no testosterone in a Predator film, is it really one?
I’m not saying remake the original here, but it makes sense that Dutch was the last man standing.

It makes zero that a little girl can even remotely hold her own against one.
You should definitely take the time to watch Prey, as it's the best Predator movie since the original.........:)

You should definitely take the time to watch Prey, as it's the best Predator movie since the original.........:)
Unfortunately that isn’t saying much when the sequel’s premise was a Predator landing in LA
going after local gangs.

Doesn’t Prey feature the tallest Predator we’ve seen on screen? Something called the “Feral Predator”. How does something like that get beaten by a little girl with zero past experience? With no firepower to defend herself due to it being set in the 1700s?

It’s enough to get your audience to believe in a Predator being on screen, but to make things further unrealistic, a 90 lb girl can beat it without being seriously maimed?

And I’m supposed to be excited about another Predator film with that very plot line?
Until Hollywood takes the character seriously,
I won’t participate.

You’re startled by the original film because it’s as realistic as this franchise could be.
The audience wants nothing to do with it when they see someone as big as Arnold almost die by it.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2024/10/1...dlands-locations-crew-shirt-predator-costume/

Very lovely looking locations but not very alien looking. Very Earthy. I'd hoped with it being set in the future we'd get a human colony on an alien planet.
Well I guess this could be an alien planet that just happens to look like Earth, like what they did with Predators. Not very interesting though.

it depends, this might just be one part of the movie, the beginning or something
Unfortunately that isn’t saying much when the sequel’s premise was a Predator landing in LA
going after local gangs.

Doesn’t Prey feature the tallest Predator we’ve seen on screen? Something called the “Feral Predator”. How does something like that get beaten by a little girl with zero past experience? With no firepower to defend herself due to it being set in the 1700s?

It’s enough to get your audience to believe in a Predator being on screen, but to make things further unrealistic, a 90 lb girl can beat it without being seriously maimed?

And I’m supposed to be excited about another Predator film with that very plot line?
Until Hollywood takes the character seriously,
I won’t participate.

You’re startled by the original film because it’s as realistic as this franchise could be.
The audience wants nothing to do with it when they see someone as big as Arnold almost die by it.
you want the spoilers on how Prey works well as a movie and how she was great? I could explain it.
it makes sense in the movie. she's really great.

I would highly recommend it, but I could just tell you.
but it made sense.

it's a truly amazing movie. not just because of predator, but it's amazing as a period movie, and as a native movie.

Last edited:
I’ve got no issues with a film about natives
and a girl trying to prove herself to her tribe.

I’ve got issues when an eight foot tall
Predator has to be the sacrificial lamb
in order for that story to play out.

Maybe if the entire tribe took it out,
but just her? Not buying it.

It’s just not believable no matter how good of a character arc she had.

Maybe if the entire tribe took it out,
but just her? Not buying it.
well yeah that's what happens.
spoilers:

her brother riding in a horse does most of the damage. predator fights the French guys and the natives and gets hurt. pred gets stabbed.

then brother hurts him a lot.

she's more like Tom And Jerry. like the mouse.
she hides for most of the movie. she takes him out using the environment, not her strength. she uses quicksand to trap him. she uses rope and rocks and stuff. to hurt him. he falls from his own weight.

it's almost like Home Alone by the end. ( not the comedy part, not the humor, but the way the kid sets traps in home alone )

technically Arnold did the exact same, but Arnold had to fist fight the pred at the end .

in Prey her brother fights him and she finished a wounded pred.

Last edited:
Back