Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was legitimately awful.

You can really get the feel of a guy in a suit there. Doesn’t move like a Predator should, at all.
Not to mention the D list level acting by everyone else.
SO YOU WANT CGI PREDATORS?
YIKES o_O

Yet everyone seems to love Big Chap, which is so obviously a guy in a suit
One was made in 1978, the other 2021..

One an absolute classic by one of cinema’s greatest directors of all time during his peak.

Perhaps if Prey had better writing, a better premise, better actors, better creature design, then we wouldn’t only focus on the Predator’s movement.

I don’t focus on the Xenomorphs in ALIEN,
I focus on the characters and how they advance the story, because it’s a good one.
Which is why I prefer the slow steady of the original to Cameron’s sequel. Cameron turned it into an action film whereas the original really had fantastic horror elements.

The Big Chap was just icing on the cake,
it’s a character film. How can you see the brilliance of ALIEN, ALIENS, and Predator, yet believe any of these other movies are even remotely good. Are you one of those that touts originals as overrated or something?

That girl’s big brother sat right there, tied up, being dumb while watching this monster close in on them all, killing everything in its path.

So dumb in fact, he doesn’t even notice she has a large rock in her hand and actually believes she’s about to cut her hand off.

What an absolute pointless big brother,
she has to rescue them, that’s dumb,
his tribe would have abandoned him had they seen that in reality, he’d immediately
be seen as a weak link.
The girl wasn’t scared a bit of this creature, yet the entire Frenchmen were terrified when they saw it cutting their men down.

That video Crows posted is the only piece of this film I’ve seen, yet I see through it.

SO YOU WANT CGI PREDATORS?
So why does the Wolf Predator actually behave like one? I never once got the feeling it was a guy in a suit, despite the movie being garbage. Imo that’s the best version of the Predator on screen we’ve had since the original.

That's all you had to say. You haven't see the film yet you seem to have criticisms regarding literally everything in the film?

Good one.
I don’t need to see the entirety of the film,
what would that accomplish?

Just because I’m on these boards doesn’t mean I have time to spend on completing films I know to be bad.

I saw the entirety of Alien Romulus if that makes you happy, and that was bad,
but somehow my opinion on that film doesn’t count? So would it really matter if I completed this one and left with the same thoughts?

I don’t need to see the entirety of the film,
what would that accomplish?

Just because I’m on these boards doesn’t mean I have time to spend on completing films I know to be bad.

I saw the entirety of Alien Romulus if that makes you happy, and that was bad,
but somehow my opinion on that film doesn’t count? So would it really matter if I completed this one and left with the same thoughts?
You’ve seen one scene from this movie and somehow declared the entire thing dog ****. You’ve seen none of the context or character development (of which there is quite a bit) and declared the characters as terrible.

How do you know it is objectively bad? It is a very well regarded movie amongst both critics and audiences. Did you see a couple of people claim it was bad and form your opinion based on theirs?

You just don’t want to like it. You’d made up your mind already.

There’s nothing really left to say.

Back