Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this being a snap-together model, I wonder what kind of tolerance the fitment of the pieces have. I'd hate to have a highly detailed model completed but the thing has wiggle room between pieces.
I think using glue might still be needed in some places.

I have 100% confident in Bandai and now doubt if they state no glue required - those parts fits together like a charm

I have 100% confident in Bandai and now doubt if they state no glue required - those parts fits together like a charm
I hope so for those that invest in this.
Looks to be an awesome piece to add to anyone's collection.

With this being a snap-together model, I wonder what kind of tolerance the fitment of the pieces have. I'd hate to have a highly detailed model completed but the thing has wiggle room between pieces.
I think using glue might still be needed in some places.

I have built several Bandai and Koto snap fit models and have never had to use any adhesive on any of them. The only potential issue usually comes with models that have poseable joints. Like any action figure they may loosen over time. No joints here so no worries from me.

I've done four Star Wars Bandai vehicles and the parts fit amazingly well. Really don't think there will be a need to glue anything.

One thing I will add though, if your considering just assembling this and then weathering it after you can forget about it. These kits need to be fully primed and painted first as the plastic is shiny and nothing sticks well until after being primed.

Bandai's smaller kits have been snap/friction fit. I haven't seen that for the 1:72 Falcon.

Honestly, not glueing 650 pieces together is a bit like promising to lose some eventually.

Honestly if you want to get the best results, and if you know what you're doing, glue for outside body parts may be necessary.

Even with Gundams for some pieces I would glue and sand the plastics together to get rid of seam lines, prior to painting and applying decals etc.

I understand there are photo etched parts that will require glue.

I've had the Code 3 Falcon (basically an inaccurate diecast toy), the studio MR Falcon (too big) and the EFX Falcon on preorder (cancelled because, well...EFX).

I'm looking at getting the Japanese SW Chronicles book as a reference for weathering.
Anyone know other reference for the original ANH Falcon model?

I understand there are photo etched parts that will require glue.

I've had the Code 3 Falcon (basically an inaccurate diecast toy), the studio MR Falcon (too big) and the EFX Falcon on preorder (cancelled because, well...EFX).

I'm looking at getting the Japanese SW Chronicles book as a reference for weathering.

Recently got this book and it's in my top 3 all-time reference books now. Truly amazing and totally unbelievably that after 40 years of collecting they could still bring out a book that could still blow my mind!

Highly, highly recommend it - and perfect for Falcon reference.

I wonder what the falcon will look like in the Han Solo film..did it always look like junk, did Lando leave it looking like that when he lost it to Han?

One thing I will add though, if your considering just assembling this and then weathering it after you can forget about it. These kits need to be fully primed and painted first as the plastic is shiny and nothing sticks well until after being primed.

So the parts need to be primed before assembly? I understand what you're saying about making sure the kit is primed before painting but why couldn't you just do this step after the model is put together? Forgive my ignorance, never painted a model before.

Recently got this book and it's in my top 3 all-time reference books now. Truly amazing and totally unbelievably that after 40 years of collecting they could still bring out a book that could still blow my mind!

Where can one procure this fabled tome?

Highly, highly recommend it - and perfect for Falcon reference.

What are the other 2 books? Are they as expensive as the Chronicles?

What are the other 2 books? Are they as expensive as the Chronicles?

The original Star Wars Chronicles (1997 English release) and the recent double volume, Ralph McQuarrie: Star Wars.

Actually, I'd also have to put The Making of Star Wars in there as well.

So the parts need to be primed before assembly? I understand what you're saying about making sure the kit is primed before painting but why couldn't you just do this step after the model is put together? Forgive my ignorance, never painted a model before.

I should have clarified, some people don't paint whole models they just assemble them and weather them, but that doesn't work well with these Bandai kits as they need to be primed before painting or weathering.

You absolutely can assemble the kit and then paint the whole thing at once but I like to prime and base coat the parts before. But that's just my own preference.

I should have clarified, some people don't paint whole models they just assemble them and weather them, but that doesn't work well with these Bandai kits as they need to be primed before painting or weathering.

You absolutely can assemble the kit and then paint the whole thing at once but I like to prime and base coat the parts before. But that's just my own preference.

Ok, gotcha.

Back