Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently got this book and it's in my top 3 all-time reference books now. Truly amazing and totally unbelievably that after 40 years of collecting they could still bring out a book that could still blow my mind!

Highly, highly recommend it - and perfect for Falcon reference.

Thanks, Mandible ! Ordered!

I'm a Falcon addict. I'm in for sure. For those wondering, the kit is painted. How well and accurate, is up in the air. Definitely needs weathering done. It's a snap kit so it will be easier for people who don't model. Bandai parts are quality. I've done their PErfect grade gundams and their crown jewel The Space Battleship Yamato 1/350. The Yamato is impressive and quality. All of the led lights and gimmicks were top notch. Instructions are super in depth and easy to follow. As for the price, imo their perfect grades are impressive and worth the money. Let's just say I bought a studio scale resin x-wing kit(bare) at 500. And I had to do everything to build it. Another example 1/200 British Hood with all of the extra PE parts came to 700. I believe the Yamato was 500. I think it's a reasonable price. This definitely looks impressive and will be pissed if the parts and detail are better than the deogistini lol. And also, you can be extra nerdy and get the 1/72 X-wing and tie fighters by them and make a sweet diorama!

Saying the kit is painted might be a bit misleading. Their kits usually have pieces molded in the correct basic colors, but a model like the Falcon will need significant paint/weathering work to make it look anything like the promo photos. Anyone purchasing the kit in hopes that it will be display quality with the out-of-the-box 'paint' will most likely be sorely disappointed.

Saying the kit is painted might be a bit misleading. Their kits usually have pieces molded in the correct basic colors, but a model like the Falcon will need significant paint/weathering work to make it look anything like the promo photos. Anyone purchasing the kit in hopes that it will be display quality with the out-of-the-box 'paint' will most likely be sorely disappointed.

Read what I said. "How well and accurate, is up in the air" "definitely needs weathering done". Clearly, some people think these kits are raw, which they are not. Didn't paint my Space Battleship Yamato(I have done many battleships). Looks good right out of the box and displayed. I will paint mine for sure, but it does come pre painted/color injected which is NOT misleading.

Read what I said. "How well and accurate, is up in the air" "definitely needs weathering done". Clearly, some people think these kits are raw, which they are not. Didn't paint my Space Battleship Yamato(I have done many battleships). Looks good right out of the box and displayed. I will paint mine for sure, but it does come pre painted/color injected which is NOT misleading.

My apologies for my previous post, as it was hastily written.

What is an acceptable level of finish for display is certainly subjective to a degree, and some models can probably pass scrutiny with minimal or no finish work, as you pointed out. But I don't think this is one of them. The paint/weathering of the Falcon is a HUGE part of its overall presentation, and it would be nearly impossible for color injection molded parts (very different from 'paint') to reflect its colors/finish with any accuracy. For the completed model to look anything like the original prop, and truly reflect the kit's high-end price tag, IMHO, a full paint job will almost certainly be in order. My point was that even though this is not a 'raw' kit as you pointed out, considering the work that will likely be required to make it look 'finished', it might as well be...

I've done a few Bandai Star Wars vehicles and have yet to do one that didn't need to be completely painted. Without that I feel they look like toys, but that's just me.

My apologies for my previous post, as it was hastily written.

What is an acceptable level of finish for display is certainly subjective to a degree, and some models can probably pass scrutiny with minimal or no finish work, as you pointed out. But I don't think this is one of them. The paint/weathering of the Falcon is a HUGE part of its overall presentation, and it would be nearly impossible for color injection molded parts (very different from 'paint') to reflect its colors/finish with any accuracy. For the completed model to look anything like the original prop, and truly reflect the kit's high-end price tag, IMHO, a full paint job will almost certainly be in order. My point was that even though this is not a 'raw' kit as you pointed out, considering the work that will likely be required to make it look 'finished', it might as well be...

Haha no prob man. I do a lot of models and I fully agree with you. I just read some posts of people who do not and maybe think they can't make this model. Just wanted to put some info on how easy bandai kits are and no where near the level of difficulty like a garage kit or like I've stated a 1/200 trumpeter ship. Very do able for a rookie(bandaikits). Also, this will not look like garbage without a full paint job, it will look nice still. Even just some weathering it will take it to another level for the noobs. All in all, people who think they can't and never have attempted a model, bandai kits are very do able and fun! Don't be discouraged!

I was so bummed I couldn't do the DeAgustini Falcon. Now I feel lucky. This may not be as large but in terms of quality and clarity of detail it will be vastly superior.

They're showing up in Japan now. Look at how the size of it!

Ordered!!!!

JRd24gUl.png

6E1ONe4l.png

H5iH0Ykl.png

ftW5UWEl.png

HJV0HrJl.png

8X6gLejl.png

CQivbrUl.png

rFsVjAYl.jpg

dXsudgtl.jpg

tBarSarl.jpg

vyWQwtsl.jpg