Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so bummed I couldn't do the DeAgustini Falcon. Now I feel lucky. This may not be as large but in terms of quality and clarity of detail it will be vastly superior.

They're showing up in Japan now. Look at how the size of it!

Ordered!!!!

JRd24gUl.png

6E1ONe4l.png

H5iH0Ykl.png

ftW5UWEl.png

HJV0HrJl.png

8X6gLejl.png

CQivbrUl.png

rFsVjAYl.jpg

dXsudgtl.jpg

tBarSarl.jpg

vyWQwtsl.jpg

95Yh8wZl.jpg

8egao88l.jpg

AoKSh18.png

I have the Deag kit, saying that this is "vastly superior" is a bit of a jump don't you think??
Especially since you have yet to have them BOTH in hand. Lol

I have the Deag kit, saying that this is "vastly superior" is a bit of a jump don't you think??
Especially since you have yet to have them BOTH in hand. Lol

The DeAugustini kit has the details of the 32 inch model which was far less detailed that the 5 footer that served as source material for this kit. I prefer the 5 foot model, so my bias shows. No offense intended. It's very nice, but there's no shortage of RPF people who built the DeAgustini now buying this kit.

I was never convinced enough to say yes to the the De Agostini but it's unfair to compare them. Different Falcons, different scales.
I had the MR Falcon and sold it because it was just too big although I came to regret the sale.

Like Kamandi, I feel lucky that I passed on the De Agostini.
Can't wait for the Bandai to arrive- although I'm nervous about the work ahead to accurately paint it.

Interesting. Looks like there is no color injected pieces. All decals.

Yeah, that's a little intimidating for someone like me who has never painted a model in his life. With the Lego UCS Falcon around the corner it's tempting to just abandon the idea of trying to tackle this. :panic:

Yeah, that's a little intimidating for someone like me who has never painted a model in his life. With the Lego UCS Falcon around the corner it's tempting to just abandon the idea of trying to tackle this. :panic:

Yeah, I hear ya. Decals look like shyte if you don't do them properly and hide the seems and do it smooth. If you do decide to try it out, tons of YouTube tutorials and invest in an airbrush. You never know if you don't try and have patience with it. You could be killer at it and you just don't know:)

Also the new UCS Falcon has 600 -1000 more pieces(can't remember exactly) than the OG. Im interested to see what's added, may have to upgrade. UCS Lego building is a lot of fun as well!

I would ditch the decals altogether and paint it, also keep in mind that much of the detail painting must be done before completely assembled as some colors are under greeblies and such.

The DeAugustini kit has the details of the 32 inch model which was far less detailed that the 5 footer that served as source material for this kit. I prefer the 5 foot model, so my bias shows. No offense intended. It's very nice, but there's no shortage of RPF people who built the DeAgustini now buying this kit.[/QUOTE
It's a great Looking kit for sure as are most Bandai kits. And the RPF folks are gonna buy pretty much any SW ship. ;)
I will eventually get the Bandai Falcon but I am on no hurry. Still have to finish the Deag and also have the 3' Enterprise waiting on me as well as the Zvesda Star Destroyer.

I would ditch the decals altogether and paint it, also keep in mind that much of the detail painting must be done before completely assembled as some colors are under greeblies and such.

I agree. I hate decals.

@Luminous, should be around for awhile. Unless it's like some limited edition kit. Best price I've seen is 339.95USD. eBay and amazon sellers are already pricing this RIDICULOUS. Don't fall into the "can only get it from Japan".

As an owner of the MR, I'm actually going to to say it... this thing is far more detailed.

The work that has gone into it is truly amazing.

I agree. I hate decals.

@Luminous, should be around for awhile. Unless it's like some limited edition kit. Best price I've seen is 339.95USD. eBay and amazon sellers are already pricing this RIDICULOUS. Don't fall into the "can only get it from Japan".

where is that for $339.95 if I may ask?

A good friend gave me the Polar Lights big E a few months back. It will need to wait until after the Falcon.

b7UCNF7.jpg

Nice!

Another nice thing about the Bandai is the smaller size, building the Deag takes up a lot of space. Also deag has absolute **** for customer service. I had a four to five month span where the kit took up my entire work space while I waited for parts that were back ordered so buying the entire kit at once is nice.

See, now you *******s are gonna have me ordering this thing. I've gotta stay off these boards. Lol

Nice!

Another nice thing about the Bandai is the smaller size, building the Deag takes up a lot of space. Also deag has absolute **** for customer service. I had a four to five month span where the kit took up my entire work space while I waited for parts that were back ordered so buying the entire kit at once is nice.

See, now you *******s are gonna have me ordering this thing. I've gotta stay off these boards. Lol

Right?!! I know I don't have the time to learn how to paint and weather this properly at the moment but all this talk about how insanely detailed and awesome it is makes it really difficult to pass. :lol

where is that for $339.95 if I may ask?

Hi Myc, www.culttvmanshop.com. Although it's not up, I'm betting BBTS has this up soon around the same price as well. And Towerhobbies.

PS. People on the fence of buying this because of lack of experience. You may want to rethink that and purchase it. Keep it for awhile and put it aside. You may want to tackle this in the future and purchasing it then will be EXPENSIVE, triple price expensive. Just start off easy and buy cheap model kits to experience building. Buy an airbrush and practice on anything you don't need. YouTube and google how to's. Practice. Worst case scenario, you never will make it. Sell it. By then, it won't be available for retail prices. You will double triple your money for this kind of falcon. You've seen it with just an UCS Lego falcon set right.

Back