Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Myc, www.culttvmanshop.com. Although it's not up, I'm betting BBTS has this up soon around the same price as well. And Towerhobbies.

PS. People on the fence of buying this because of lack of experience. You may want to rethink that and purchase it. Keep it for awhile and put it aside. You may want to tackle this in the future and purchasing it then will be EXPENSIVE, triple price expensive. Just start off easy and buy cheap model kits to experience building. Buy an airbrush and practice on anything you don't need. YouTube and google how to's. Practice. Worst case scenario, you never will make it. Sell it. By then, it won't be available for retail prices. You will double triple your money for this kind of falcon. You've seen it with just an UCS Lego falcon set right.

Great! Will wait out and see ! Thanks!

.... People on the fence of buying this because of lack of experience. You may want to rethink that and purchase it. Keep it for awhile and put it aside. You may want to tackle this in the future and purchasing it then will be EXPENSIVE, triple price expensive. Just start off easy and buy cheap model kits to experience building. Buy an airbrush and practice on anything you don't need. YouTube and google how to's. Practice. Worst case scenario, you never will make it. Sell it. By then, it won't be available for retail prices. You will double triple your money for this kind of falcon. You've seen it with just an UCS Lego falcon set right.

:exactly:
I think this is exactly what I'm gonna be doing. I mean, God forbid, I learn something new. I've always wanted to learn how to paint, other than using "rattle can" painting that is. I don't have the room now for this, but who's to say I won't move. So there's no rush.

If you use a rattle can for a base coat of paint use Tamiya AS20 Insignia White. It's a lacquer paint and dries without runs or "orange peel" bumps. As-20 makes a fantastic working surface for the videos I posted.

Do not do not DO NOT DO NOT use Testors enamel paints. They suck. You may as well burn the kit.

Last edited:
Check. Nnoooo Testors.
Didn't they originally use Tamiya Insignia White for the base coat on the original?
Love those videos, Kamandi. Thanks for posting those all in one spot :duff

:exactly:
I think this is exactly what I'm gonna be doing. I mean, God forbid, I learn something new. I've always wanted to learn how to paint, other than using "rattle can" painting that is. I don't have the room now for this, but who's to say I won't move. So there's no rush.

Right on! And good thinking to stay away from the rattle cans lol.

I'm already working on the DeAgo Falcon so I picked up plenty of cans of Insignia White and just decant them to use in my airbrush as needed.

Not to derail the thread, but since we are on the topic of SW models. One of the best pro modellers, Randy Cooper, is reissuing his old SD kit. He's accurizing/redoing it to the 8 footer. It's going to be amazing! Over 4 feet long with incredible detail. Us regular folk can purchase it when he is finished. I bought and finished his Tantive. It's a fantastic kit.

Where is everyone ordering from? And any risk these will be sold out before Christmas?

Back