Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not many want to say it because it's bad words about Hot Toys, but they just plain ^^^^ed up a bit on the coat, however they modeled the pattern for it, when it's placed on the figure, the collar will not rest in the proper location unless you use something to really pull the coat down in the front. That's why I'm open to an updated one at some point, proper purple color and better match in terms of collar and such to the film coat.

I did the same and it just didnt work. I put my jacket back on.

:lol Looks like i'm not alone then

Not many want to say it because it's bad words about Hot Toys, but they just plain ^^^^ed up a bit on the coat, however they modeled the pattern for it, when it's placed on the figure, the collar will not rest in the proper location unless you use something to really pull the coat down in the front. That's why I'm open to an updated one at some point, proper purple color and better match in terms of collar and such to the film coat.

Well yeah it is true the collar is the issue at hand, everything else appears to fit "tailer made" I can live with it but would also be open to something better, that much I can admit.

I wouldn't mind if someone here (custom artists) took on the challenge to give us a more perfect trench.

I agree. I'd be happy for Hot Toys to do another version in the future that is movie accurate and features a smiling/laughing headsculpt. That would be ace.

I love my v.1 with BR headsculpt but it would be better if the v.1 was more movie accurate.

IMG_8692.jpg

The collar of the purple coat hangs so much better without that inner suit jacket. With it on, it just adds bulk, and usually makes the purple coat collar hang on the shoulders, which looks so wrong.

:
Well yeah it is true the collar is the issue at hand, everything else appears to fit "tailer made" I can live with it but would also be open to something better, that much I can admit.

I wouldn't mind if someone here (custom artists) took on the challenge to give us a more perfect trench.

We've all seen the pics of the proto suit being put together. In those images the neck used was the long HT neck (ie the one the Bruce heads use). So I'm betting those are not as big as the sculpted Joker neck and I think that is why the collar ends up looking goofy. Just a thought.

We've all seen the pics of the proto suit being put together. In those images the neck used was the long HT neck (ie the one the Bruce heads use). So I'm betting those are not as big as the sculpted Joker neck and I think that is why the collar ends up looking goofy. Just a thought.

Thats an awesome point, I never realized that from the proto.

I got sick of the Int Room paint job, so I redid it....it looks a bit messy in the photos, but to the naked eye, it looks decent.

IMGA0010-2.jpg

IMGA0007-2.jpg

IMGA0005-1.jpg

IMGA0004.jpg

IMGA0003-1.jpg

IMGA0002-2.jpg

I wonder if the v1 costume and all it's layers would look better on the narrower SS Promethius body...

I know, I know.... sacrilege. But it might work out pretty well...

I wonder if the v1 costume and all it's layers would look better on the narrower SS Promethius body...

I know, I know.... sacrilege. But it might work out pretty well...

I don't think so, the Joker has pretty broad shoulders. I can't even get the shoulders to look as defined as I want with the TT and the overcoat on, the Pro's shoulders are next to non existent.

He may look a little less stuffed though.

Amazing shots mate, love the lighting :monkey5

Thanks man, I'm also happy how the interrogation pics turned out. It's pretty hard working with only one desk lamp (besides the main lamp in the room, which is pretty dark though).

I also futzed the V1 suit today, used some double-sided tape on all the collars. I'm pretty satisfied with the look now, doesn't seem bulky at all IMO. Still contemplating if I should get a shirt and tie from BillyB though, as those are the only things that bother me a bit at the moment.
Joker_14.png

Joker_15.png

Back