Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the paint Job stunk on this one....I dont know why they went with that look.

Even if you don't like the style choice, I think you can agree the execution of the style was well done.

I wish he was more clean painted and had straight eyes, but the quality of what they chose to do turned out quite well I think.

is there any type of clear, gloss looking paint you can get to put over the eyes, to make them look more wet, and real to life. it seems hit and miss with these figures. my BR jokers look very real, as do harvey dent's. two faces arent as good, and batman and bale's are just WAYYYYY too flat and fake looking. i was wondering if glossing them up to give them the look of a reflection/light hitting them/wet look would be an option? opinions? could only enhance the look imo

I'm not sure, but lacquer?... I don't know if that would have an effect on the decal, if it is some form of decal used on the eyes.

is there any type of clear, gloss looking paint you can get to put over the eyes, to make them look more wet, and real to life. it seems hit and miss with these figures. my BR jokers look very real, as do harvey dent's. two faces arent as good, and batman and bale's are just WAYYYYY too flat and fake looking. i was wondering if glossing them up to give them the look of a reflection/light hitting them/wet look would be an option? opinions? could only enhance the look imo

I once picked up this great acrylic paint form a model shop. It came in a little bottle and you had to brush it on, but the gloss was perfect. I can't remember the name, but the bottle, which was only about an inch and a half tall, was black with a red star on it.

Just received my Bank Robber Joker in the mail today. I must be cursed since I ended up having problems with this one too, but all is well now. The interior ring on the Ledger sculpt was stuck to the neck adapter too, so I soaked it in hot water, pried it off, and super-glued it back in place.

Then the elastic band on the mask snapped, something that happened to my friend's BRJ too. Fortunately, the mask is form-fitted to the sculpt, and it stays on just fine without the band. In fact, it allows more flexibility in positioning it, so there's a blessing in disguise!

Anyway, here are some shots I took of the figure, which is definitely one awesome piece!!

IMG_5000.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

great pictures! i never EVER get tired of seeing pictures of him!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm really having fun with this figure.

As for that illustrated-style picture, all I can say is this: Gaussian Blur and layer blending styles are your best tools.

Case in point: another pop-art style rendering

bankrobbery01_painting.jpg

Love this one, it feels vector like or like some of those films that were animated with Keanu Reeves and such.

Except Keanu Reeves doesn't have as much of a presence as the Joker... :lol

Heh, start a 3rd thread. Kidding! The Bank Robber, animated series. :)

Hey, why not? We already have the following Joker threads:

1. Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt
2. The Joker Photo Thread
3. HT Joker Version 3??
4. Custom Joker with real hair
5. Nurse Joker thread
6. Medicom Joker

And I only looked at the ones currently on the first page!!! :banghead

Back