Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay boys... your patience has paid off ... Here is the painted proto of CallMeTheDoctors Unmasked Batgirl. The hair isn't completely seated yet because it still needs to be molded and cast, and if my guy was to put it all the way on the hair MIGHT not come off without braking it lol, but my painter couldn't WAIT to get at her. So the hair will be more flush to her face with no gaps.

37d5144224799847181d88ca35106c65_zpsuh9yxujw.jpg

2ee5d62aea9fa9a955015cccfa8d1347_zpsj5xbzr8u.jpg

123ac7bf627a7be22b814bb0db382c0b_zpscfsbgyly.jpg

Since this is going to be a custom out painter can make small tweaks based on requests (e.g. blue or green eyes, hair more red or auburn), and honestly he is KILLING the paints on everything. The foresale thread for this is HERE... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ssc-batgirl-premium-format-unmasked-head.html. Our interest list is almost the entire Es of 50 and those on the list will be given first crack this so if you want to contact Carlos you should at [email protected] ... Damn this was a fun project.

P.S. Sorry for the bad cellphone pics... will have better pics up once we have her cast

I think you did a fantastic job on this, my only gripe with it is that strand of hair on her left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you did a fantastic job on this, my only gripe with it is that strand of hair on her left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Spartan I think it will look more natural once the hair is proper seated. However if you were interested in getting a head without that strand I could talk to our painter.

I get mine on tues. I'm presently getting my matching print framed and just built up a new 50 inch high Besta. The Tombo glass doors are supposed to be coming back, but will be called Fiskviken.

I get mine on tues. I'm presently getting my matching print framed and just built up a new 50 inch high Besta. The Tombo glass doors are supposed to be coming back, but will be called Fiskviken.

What?! No way. That's great news if true.

Any tips how to get the most secure fit for putting the head in? The capes tucked down into the hole as it has to be but it just makes the head wobbly

What?! No way. That's great news if true.

Any tips how to get the most secure fit for putting the head in? The capes tucked down into the hole as it has to be but it just makes the head wobbly

Yes it is true and hopefully it'll come to the USA very soon. I really don't understand why they even discontinued them in the first place. These doors were very hard to find sometimes in my local area cause they were always sold out. So they were popular and at $50 a piece they were expensive, so I can't wait to see them back. No other Ikea glass door they offered could match up to the tombo.

I heard about that wobbly problem, so I might put a removable adhesive to keep her head securely in. Maybe a small dab of red or is it blue (removable) loc-tite.

My 2 cents :p

Given your just starting out I think you did a great job, but since you are selling it I have to give it the same criticism I would any product for sale... This is based on the pictures of course as I don't have one in hand....

1) The Head looks a tad to small for the body
2) The Eyes also look a tad to small
3) The hair on the left side of her face looks a bit funky, you got like a shark fin on the side and then a weird dangling strand... I would of flatten out her hair a bit on the left side and ditch the dangling strand. And maybe make the hair a bit less clumpy.
4) I'm not sure what I think about the smirk on her face, I kind of like it but at the same time it looks just a little bitt awkward...

Again, I think for your first project (or second, I think Hulk was your first) I think you did a pretty good job... Practice makes perfect as they say.... Keep it up

My 2 cents :p

Given your just starting out I think you did a great job, but since you are selling it I have to give it the same criticism I would any product for sale... This is based on the pictures of course as I don't have one in hand....

1) The Head looks a tad to small for the body
2) The Eyes also look a tad to small
3) The hair on the left side of her face looks a bit funky, you got like a shark fin on the side and then a weird dangling strand... I would of flatten out her hair a bit on the left side and ditch the dangling strand. And maybe make the hair a bit less clumpy.
4) I'm not sure what I think about the smirk on her face, I kind of like it but at the same time it looks just a little bitt awkward...

Again, I think for your first project (or second, I think Hulk was your first) I think you did a pretty good job... Practice makes perfect as they say.... Keep it up

Thank you for the comments and critiques Dan... I always love feedback and take it as it is meant it is offered.... In an effort to help me grow as an artist as for your critiques.

1&3) I am not sure if it will change when the hair is properly seated, but I am hoping it doesn't look small. The actual head is the same height from the chin to the crown of her head as the one on the PF, and that doesn't include the hair. I think it looks pretty bang on in this shot, but that is just me... It is hard to match scales when you are sculpting digitally so yeah it could be a hair off.

5c994b11ed5ff3d147b27ddebb4ace9b_zpsy5umypkh.jpg

45b5515725bf912e9dcbfd5e7b142ccf_zpsunzvmiz1.jpg

As for the hair when it is properly on it should look more like this

2f5451a2df6f6d004f0b67ff7b3401fc_zpsjjx29yfm.jpg

However, I won't lie m8 the hair kicked my ass.... I see why guys charge massive amounts to model hair. As for the fly away it will actually be able to be removed if people aren't loving it.

2&4) as for the eyes and the smirk, again you could be right, but I was going for a sexy grin and a hooded sex stare, and the commissioner was happy with it....lol. In the end though I will actually have to sit down with a casted painted head and literally twearl it around while I look at the digital sculpt to see just how the digital sculpt behaved when it was printed. Where are the give and take places on it that either worked or didn't. Quite frankly, I need to keep growing, and honing the craft. I truly do appreciate the feedback, and it is vital to me getting better at this. I will say that we should have molds for this by tomorrow, and we are hoping to have the first production heads pulled out of them later this week, and then my painter is going to go to town on these, and I can't wait to see what he does.... He got a brand new set of tools last week, and he even admits that he did the paint up on the proto just because CallMeTheDoctor and I were so excited, and he might have rushed a few spots.... So needless to say I don't think we have seen anything quite yet....lol.

Last edited:
Thank you for the comments and critiques Dan... I always love feedback and take it as it is meant it is offered.... In an effort to help me grow as an artist as for your critiques.

1&3) I am not sure if it will change when the hair is properly seated, but I am hoping it doesn't look small. The actual head is the same height from the chin to the crown of her head as the one on the PF, and that doesn't include the hair. I think it looks pretty bang on in this shot, but that is just me... It is hard to match scales when you are sculpting digitally so yeah it could be a hair off.

5c994b11ed5ff3d147b27ddebb4ace9b_zpsy5umypkh.jpg

45b5515725bf912e9dcbfd5e7b142ccf_zpsunzvmiz1.jpg

As for the hair when it is properly on it should look more like this

2f5451a2df6f6d004f0b67ff7b3401fc_zpsjjx29yfm.jpg

However, I won't lie m8 the hair kicked my ass.... I see why guys charge massive amounts to model hair. As for the fly away it will actually be able to be removed if people aren't loving it.

2&4) as for the eyes and the smirk, again you could be right, but I was going for a sexy grin and a hooded sex stare, and the commissioner was happy with it....lol. In the end though I will actually have to sit down with a casted painted head and literally twearl it around while I look at the digital sculpt to see just how the digital sculpt behaved when it was printed. Where are the give and take places on it that either worked or didn't. Quite frankly, I need to keep growing, and honing the craft. I truly do appreciate the feedback, and it is vital to me getting better at this. I will say that we should have molds for this by tomorrow, and we are hoping to have the first production heads pulled out of them later this week, and then my painter is going to go to town on these, and I can't wait to see what he does.... He got a brand new set of tools last week, and he even admits that he did the paint up on the proto just because CallMeTheDoctor and I were so excited, and he might have rushed a few spots.... So needless to say I don't think we have seen anything quite yet....lol.

As for the head size it could just be the pictures... that's why I mentioned I was critiquing based on pictures... That said I really think your skill is excellent, It's one of those things the more your sculpt the better your going to get and I do see a lot of potential in your sculpting... given this is not my field of expertise so it's just my opinion.... :)

Good Luck....

As for the head size it could just be the pictures... that's why I mentioned I was critiquing based on pictures... That said I really think your skill is excellent, It's one of those things the more your sculpt the better your going to get and I do see a lot of potential in your sculpting... given this is not my field of expertise so it's just my opinion.... :)

Good Luck....

It doesn't have to be your field of expertise for yiu to have a legitimate opinion m8. 10 Years ago, when I was just getting back into penciling, I got a critique from a guy who, and this sounds rude, I could have drawn under the table. Now I didn't saying anything, but I was fuming and wondering what the hell he thought he was doing. So I waited a day or two and I realized a) he was right and b) he was helping. Ever sense I have realized that all of us will know when something looks off, and an artist should listen to all opinions and most definetly take as much as they can from them. This community has helped me grow SO much so please keep the opinions coming.

I just got my BG today and I love it. My only criticism would be the design to attach the cape. But I guess in a couple of months the weight of the head will flatten the sides a bit for a better head fit with no moving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB
I just got my BG today and I love it. My only criticism would be the design to attach the cape. But I guess in a couple of months the weight of the head will flatten the sides a bit for a better head fit with no moving.

That was an issue with mine as well. It just required a bit of mashing/twisting while finagling the cape to get the head to fully seat and it's now all good.

That was an issue with mine as well. It just required a bit of mashing/twisting while finagling the cape to get the head to fully seat and it's now all good.

:exactly: It seats a lot better now. When I first started messing with this I had to hold the head with a firm grip, but now yes indeed it's a tighter, better fit. Thank God.

I finally have Batgirl in my collection and she looks great with Joker and Harley Quinn!

I also love her outfit changes color base on the light. Hopefully i will have the review up this weekend.

24806637356_3e4afab76f_k.jpg

24832900775_6d9257b967_k.jpg

24832900405_e863e10cfa_k.jpg

24206054113_9d4910196a_k.jpg

24206077053_a720dbefd6_k.jpg

24739440191_dbb1eb278a_k.jpg

24832910255_1811b7e77d_k.jpg

24832916515_9824954347_k.jpg

24715043472_7cf779220d_k.jpg

24806630836_82db046ad0_k.jpg

24806644396_de7caeb4e6_k.jpg

Here is my collection: