Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I may rely on these:

...more than your friend and his "early copy" :lol

Sad thing is you actually listen to those reviewers, to which most are easily bought off. The days of good honest reviewers are long gone. Look at what happened when that one guy who gave Kane and Lynch a honest (horrible) review...he was fired.

Sad thing is you actually listen to those reviewers, to which most are easily bought off. The days of good honest reviewers are long gone.

OMG, it's a conspiracy! :lol Where's Teemu?

Anyways, better the devil you know. :devil

So the best place to buy this is probably Toys R Us right?

Here is a rundown:

Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for reference!

Stores:

o Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book
o Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack
o Buynextgen.com: $43.95
o Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)
o Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt
o Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)
o Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)

Versions:

o Xbox 360: No bonuses
o PS3: Bonus Joker round
o Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC

Conclusion:

o For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses
o For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

I applied for the Amazon Credit Card and got a $50 credit towards my first purchase with that on Amazon which was the Collectors Edition so I am getting it for $40.

I have to wait for the PC version another 3 weeks, but I've played the demo almost every day since I've downloaded it.

How are you guys getting scores like 1700, I think I'm pretty good, but I take the last 5 guys down one at a time. Are you stringing combos against them as well?

Found an in-hand picture of the CE on the web.

002-3.jpg

I have to wait for the PC version another 3 weeks, but I've played the demo almost every day since I've downloaded it.

How are you guys getting scores like 1700, I think I'm pretty good, but I take the last 5 guys down one at a time. Are you stringing combos against them as well?

Make sure you get the 2 Riddler Trophies. 400 points. Batarang 5 chattering teeth. 250 points. The rest is up to you. But no, I wouldn't recommend stringing combos with guys armed with machine guns. It works if there are two left, staying close together but they often manage to hit you with bullets.

Beren

P.S. Anybody beat my 1700? :D

I'm a bit concerned. I selected release date delivery for this from Amazon, but mine still hasn't shipped. It had better show up tomorrow, or Amazon will be dealing with one pissed off gamer.

Back