Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aw what the hell.........im gonna try to pick up the collectors ed. the batarang looks sweet and will look great displayed next to my hot toys tdk figs. :D

I found this pic of the Batarang online. Looks pretty cool except for the really plastic looking stand.

img0482n.jpg

So....um, this game is pretty freaking awesome. You actually feel like you're the god damn Batman in this. It's so satisfying seeing thugs start cowering in fear as you one by one pick them off. The Riddler challenges are going to get so addictive to. There's so many of them to solve. Of course, Hamill as the Joker is a real highlight, too. You hear him over the PA constantly, but it never gets old. He's hilarious.

Anybody who wants to be shocked, wait until you hear the Riddler's version of the riddle of the sphinx.

On my break now and picked up the game with the $30 gift card. Just need to wait a few hours before I can actually play it though.

So....um, this game is pretty freaking awesome. You actually feel like you're the god damn Batman in this. It's so satisfying seeing thugs start cowering in fear as you one by one pick them off. The Riddler challenges are going to get so addictive to. There's so many of them to solve. Of course, Hamill as the Joker is a real highlight, too. You hear him over the PA constantly, but it never gets old. He's hilarious.

Anybody who wants to be shocked, wait until you hear the Riddler's version of the riddle of the sphinx.

Totally agree. This is, so far, one of the best games I own. presentation, control, voice acting are all top notch. Even just the part at the beginning where you're walking along listening to the Joker on the handtruck is so weird....it's like you're watching the moments they skip in the comics. Really adds to the immersion!

The plastic used on the batarang is pretty bad. Mine has many imperfections/line running through it....looks pretty awful in person, actually.

Wish I had gotten the regular edition....

i have a bestuy 5 minutes from my office, goin to pick it up now for the sale price.

EDIT: just got back, there was no exclusive edition to be bought at BestBuy so i just got the reg, can't go wrong for 38 bucks considering tomorrow it's gonna be $70

now i just gotta wait 3 hours before i can play it :lol

Last edited:
The plastic used on the batarang is pretty bad. Mine has many imperfections/line running through it....looks pretty awful in person, actually.

Wish I had gotten the regular edition....

I am not getting suckered into another collectors edition. :rotfl

note to self: never order a new release game from amazon again. its almost 3:30 and still not game. i could've went to any store and picked it up this morning and been playing this entire time.

Yeah, that batarang looks pretty chintzy in person. I think a little silver paint to add to the "damaged" look would help (since it looks like it's already been through the war).

The leather-bound journal is pretty nice, though.

Enough talk, I'm off to start playing.

I saw some pics with a blu some with a DVD for the PS3, all the UK places have quoted DVD which will be crap if it is as it means we're getting short changed on a special ed...again!

Meh, can't buy this game. It's more of a rental for me, if that. I just foresee one play through, then done. :(

I'm on the fence with this one.

Batman is no doubt cool and the game is receiving excellent reviews but many of the reviews were hoping that players wouldn't have to remain in the Detective mode for such long periods of time but unfortunately that is the case it seems.

I also enjoyed the violent, decapitating, dismembering combat :blissysmi :cut from the Wolverine game over Batman knocking everyone out and putting them to :sleep that I got out of the demo.

But there are so many positives as well.

Ahhh screw it.....i'm getting it....:lol

Going to be interesting to see which will be the "best" 2009 comic book videogame of the year, Batman or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2!

I'm on the fence with this one.

I also enjoyed the violent, decapitating, dismembering combat :blissysmi :cut from the Wolverine game over Batman knocking everyone out and putting them to :sleep that I got out of the demo.

Ahhh screw it.....i'm getting it....:lol

Going to be interesting to see which will be the "best" 2009 comic book videogame of the year, Batman or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2!
i don't recall batman ever killing anyone in the comics. as awesome as this game will be i think ultimate alliance 2 will take game of the year. MP co-op with friends > SP regardless.

Back