Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City (No Spoilers)

:slap This is getting ridiculous. I'm not sure if you guys are willingly dense, blissfully ignorant, or a combination of both.

Releasing information that pertains to the plot of the game/movie/story before the official release of the game is a SPOILER regardless of who publishes it. Doesn't matter if it's the game developer, President Obama, or Joe Snuffy on the corner.

It's stupid for people that want to avoid plot spoilers to avoid the thread when a few inconsiderate Jerks refuse to use the
Spoiler Spoiler:
tags. Is it really that much of a burden???

You've been asked enough times by members and a moderator please be
Spoiler Spoiler:
and use the appropriate tags.

Come on, you're overreacting.

Exactly. It's funny how the Gears of War thread has been so great about this, but in here there's a bunch of asshats that refuse to cooperate.

The point is that there are no spoilers to hide though. All the information we have so far and that we are discussing here is public knowledge, released by the developers.
By your logic, every post in this thred should now be hidden by a spoiler tag.

We have one mod saying we can and one mod saying we can't. Can someone who knows what they are doing rule on this?

I'm in the camp where unless it reveals major plot points or major character outcomes then it isn't a spoiler. I agree that if it is about anything in the game then you might as well cover all the posts if you are gonna call them spoilers. Anything about the game at all can be construed as a spoiler.

I think majority rules here and most think that these types of posts are okay and those who don't like it can stay out of the thread. In my opinion if you don't want to read a spoiler of any kind you shouldn't be going in a thread about the game.

The way I see it is if Rocksteady releases the news, its fair game. If some guy leaks something through insider knowledge, then that is a spoiler. And really, Rocksteady has actually kept us quite a bit in the dark on the plot. Sure we know some villians but we don't even know WHY Batman goes into Arkham City. We knew why he went into AA from the very first trailers (it was a Joker trap) but we haven't found out yet with AC.

That said, whenever in doubt, use the spoiler tags.

Back to the game - there's been another Gamestop Joker's carnival trailer released showing off Harley's new voice. Took a minute to get used to but I'm liking it. Parts of her dialogue were actualy really great infact.

^ Buttmunch - the Arkham City comic book series does give you the plot outline as to why Batman goes into AC, so surely that could be classified as public knowledge now?

Also - Sorry to keep dragging this out, but I think we really ought to consider renaming the title of the thread 'Spoilers' instead, since members' opinions of what is a spoiler on here differs so much. It's OK to say use caution when posting and use spoiler tags if your not sure, but how are we to know what anyone else considers a spoiler? Especially if we're talking about stuff that has been released in to the public domain by the developers.
It's not like anyone here is intentionally posting spoilers - it's all just talk about news that's being released.

Last edited:

Exactly. It's funny how the Gears of War thread has been so great about this, but in here there's a bunch of asshats that refuse to cooperate.
Your tone makes me want to actively talk about the most spoilerific things I can, just because you're being such a ____ about it.

You must also avoid movie trailers as well, since you consider them 'spoilers' too?

Okay, so now "No Spoilers". What the hell does that mean? If a new video pops up we can't post or discuss it?

This is ridiculous. There's 30 days left. If you don't want to be "spoiled" don't come into this thread. What are people expecting?

How about you just name it Batman: Arkham City and don't be a dumbass about it. Use common sense, if it's not directly released from the publisher/developer it's a spoiler. The bickering on these boards amaze me. If your afraid to watch a trailer, view new screens find out the pre-order DLC etc. Then don't visit the thread.
:dunno Not too hard.

^ That's exactly what the problem is. We're talking about stuff directly released by the developers - yet people are saying it's still spoilers.
As far as I'm aware, there haven't actualy been any spoilers posted in here yet.

Re: Batman: Arkham City (Spoilers)

Exactly. If its released offically, its not a spoiler. :lecture

Rocksteady has even gone to the lengths of scrambling dialogue in the Catwoman/Two-face video/gameplay they've released. And thats only a line or two from Batman and Catwomen. They felt that was needed but not keeping Deadshot secret. So, not a spoiler.

If someone gets the game early and starts talking about stuff, thats a spoiler. And that should be frowned on.

So stop being a bunch of whiny babies about non-spoilers. If you don't want to see them, stop visiting the thread. :cuckoo:

Exactly.

I vote we change the title of this thread to Batman: Arkham City (SPOILERS) instead of what it is now, then we can openly talk about the game here (even though there are no "spoilers" to speak of) and those who don't want to know anything don't have to visit.

:exactly: :lecture

If some are so "spoiler" shy I would suggest staying out of the thread entirely and stfu. :wave

there's a good interview with
Spoiler Spoiler:
in this month's
Spoiler Spoiler:
on page
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

just got an e-mail from gamestop, apparently if your a powerup rewards member, which means the magazine subscription, you get the TAS skin along with the joker map.

This is ridiculous, most of the game modes and pictures here arent LEAKS, they have been revealed by official distributors or parties with full knowledge from Rocksteady itself probably. A bunch of announcements, gameplay videos and pictures of characters released officially in sites with interviews with developers is now considered a spoiler? Whats wrong with the thread now?

Leaves me with a question, who is modding the mods? there are two mods here and both seem to be having totally conflicting views!! :dunno

please clear this up... this sensitivity to the so called 'spoilers' is a little too much, when they arent even 'leaks'

some new news about robin from bbts, guess this is considered as a leak

Spoiler Spoiler:

game isn't even out, how the ____ can there be spoilers :lol

characters, images, etc. released from the company arent spoilers

even though info gets released by whoever, if it's story related i consider it a spoiler. but i agree with everyone if you don't want to be spoiled, click on another thread

Exactly.

I vote we change the title of this thread to Batman: Arkham City (SPOILERS) instead of what it is now, then we can openly talk about the game here (even though there are no "spoilers" to speak of) and those who don't want to know anything don't have to visit.

I vote that we have this thread be the aforementioned "Batman:Arkham City(Spoilers)" thread, and the others can start a separate "Batman:Arkham City(Short Bus)" thread.

Who even changed the title to this thread ? Apperently sombodys acting like the game got leaked or somthing. Its a video game not a movie.

Back