BEWARE! Ex. Wolverine Comiquette on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely buy from non-collectors on ebay because they don't understand about this kind of stuff. Most collectors know what to look for and what are acceptable/normal flaws. They also know how to package an item properly.

completely unrelated story but similar in nature. I was at a local bookstore because I heard they had some comics, so I ducked in to check it out on a lunch break. They did have some good older back issues for facce value (Red Hulk #1) so I bought a copy. While I'm paying, the old guy behind counter is mangling it, bending the spine, etc. I say something to him, "Uh, would you mind not handling the book so roughly?" Old man says, "What!?" I say, "The comic book, people don't like it when you bang it up and break the spine before buying." Old man, "Oh, sorry." and then handled it very gently. I replaced it with another on the shelf.

So yeah, people not in this hobby or who have never collected comics, cards, or toys have no idea.

wow...700 bones...I've been asleep...this thing going for that much now??? even with battle damage or this guy is just a tool.

*Hugs my $361 shipped wolverine Ex. purchase from earlier this year.*

Note to all newbs, BUY THIS $h!t NOW! before it appreciates to double or beyond.

f--- that, he said specifically that it was removed once for pics.

light up this jerk's mailbox :D

Damn, chancing across this thread gave me all the motivation I needed to register and post!

I had a bad experience with this same clown around 2 months back.
It was for a Spider-Man PF. If you notice, his description about shipping costs are rather misleading. Almost every statue he lists states Int. shipping as $35.
So when I inquired if it is indeed that amount to my country, he had to gall to insult my ability to read. So I cut and pasted his item description and replied him; he responded by saying that that shipping quote was for other, non-bulky items:rolleyes:

Talk about great service!

i listed the wolverine ex twice on ebay, and didn't get a buyer for $50 above retail plus shipping. i canceled my order before it shipped. :huh i still don't think this is the definitive wolverine. the face just doesn't look right to me. to each his own.

i listed the wolverine ex twice on ebay, and didn't get a buyer for $50 above retail plus shipping. i canceled my order before it shipped. :huh i still don't think this is the definitive wolverine. the face just doesn't look right to me. to each his own.
In person it's the best Wolverine statue I have ever seen. Beats out every Bowen and the character is portrayed perfectly. :rock

o.k guys here's his responce-

Dear dvdmalice,

HI, THERE IS NO DAMAGE!! A COUPLE OF PAINT RUBS FROM THE FOAM IN THE BOX,THE CLAWS ARE FLEXIBLE,AND MAY BE BENT DURING SHIPMENT,BUT ARE NOT BROKEN.WE HAVE JUST LOWERED THE PRICE FOR QUICK SALE.JOHN 1-800-846-9501 ANY QUESTIONS

- e-store_auctions

o.k guys here's his responce-

Dear dvdmalice,

HI, THERE IS NO DAMAGE!! A COUPLE OF PAINT RUBS FROM THE FOAM IN THE BOX,THE CLAWS ARE FLEXIBLE,AND MAY BE BENT DURING SHIPMENT,BUT ARE NOT BROKEN.WE HAVE JUST LOWERED THE PRICE FOR QUICK SALE.JOHN 1-800-846-9501 ANY QUESTIONS

- e-store_auctions

Oh my the exclamation marks...he's serious. :lol Those caps are killer too. So why weren't the paint marks in the description if he described it to the best of his abilities? :monkey1:lol

In person it's the best Wolverine statue I have ever seen. Beats out every Bowen and the character is portrayed perfectly. :rock

I'd have to fully disagree. The SS Wolverine doesn't scream "comic book wolverine" to me. It's more of a real world interpretation. The bowen wolverines are true to the comic and are equally impressive as the sideshow one, even at a smaller scale.

And yeah before you jump on me saying I don't own the SS wolverine. Yes I did own it when it first came out, then flipped it.

I mean it's all subjective. :duff

To me, the Bowen one lacks detail and looks a bit too cartoony. I have the Brown suit version and while I love it, it's lacking something in my eyes.

However, I will say that I absolutely love the Logan Bowen statue. The one where he is on a snow covered cliff. That is one I regret selling. And if I am also correct it was also sculpted by the same sculptor who did the Sideshow piece. Interesting- I guess he just gets Wolverine. :rock

I'd have to fully disagree. The SS Wolverine doesn't scream "comic book wolverine" to me. It's more of a real world interpretation. The bowen wolverines are true to the comic and are equally impressive as the sideshow one, even at a smaller scale.

And yeah before you jump on me saying I don't own the SS wolverine. Yes I did own it when it first came out, then flipped it.

you're correct and I think this goes for all of Bowen pieces vs SS pieces.

SS is more "real world" with the sculpts/size/mixed media and bowen pops out as straight from the comic book pages. it's just a choice of personal preference as far as that and size/mixed media. i'd love to collect both lines but i'll just keep some from each until my money tree in the backyard matures.

I emailed him too about the claws. The claws on the one hand are obviously bent in 2 of his pictures. Mint my butt.

ROTLF --> "DUE TO A DEADBEAT BIDDER"

This the main reason I'm not buying from e-bay anymore, I'm sticking to my guns with the members here! It's just too much time and money to be messing around with this ^^^^!

You are way lucky to get a refund, I've heard some horror stories out there all ready in my quest to build a massive collection!

P.S. You notice he didn't show a pic of the base with the spray paint crap!

This the main reason I'm not buying from e-bay anymore, I'm sticking to my guns with the members here! It's just too much time and money to be messing around with this ^^^^!

You are way lucky to get a refund, I've heard some horror stories out there all ready in my quest to build a massive collection!

P.S. You notice he didn't show a pic of the base with the spray paint crap!

you are right about just buying from other board members, this way you knoiw you're buying other collectors that take care of their shet.

I started my collection right and I've purchased a Dr. Doom Exclusive off of eBay and supposedly this guy is real collector but he had me call him and everything and he was 100% on the condition of this piece, I have the fedex tracking number he gave me as well via e-mail and he maybe legit because he was talkn about waiting online for the faux bronze statues and was wondering who in the world got dem...

He seemed very nice and very knowledgeable, hopefullly I'm lucky and have acquired a nice piece but I'm not going to risk this again, heart would sink if it came all mangled.

I pick up the shipment TODAY after work... :confused:

EDIT: sawry don't mean to hijack

I started my collection right and I've purchased a Dr. Doom Exclusive off of eBay and supposedly this guy is real collector but he had me call him and everything and he was 100% on the condition of this piece, I have the fedex tracking number he gave me as well via e-mail and he maybe legit because he was talkn about waiting online for the faux bronze statues and was wondering who in the world got dem...

He seemed very nice and very knowledgeable, hopefullly I'm lucky and have acquired a nice piece but I'm not going to risk this again, heart would sink if it came all mangled.

I pick up the shipment TODAY after work... :confused:

EDIT: sawry don't mean to hijack

Best of luck. Nothing is more nerve-wracking than dropping around a grand on the evilbay. I just went through that roller coaster ride. Fortunately it worked out for me.

Best of luck. Nothing is more nerve-wracking than dropping around a grand on the evilbay. I just went through that roller coaster ride. Fortunately it worked out for me.

PHEW, FQRizzo is it's all good received my Dr. Doom today 125/500 and it's a work of art, I'm in LOVE!!!! :monkey5

you are right about just buying from other board members, this way you knoiw you're buying other collectors that take care of their shet.

Although most experiences have been great, there have been some transactions I have done here with fellow "collectors" that were less than truthful about the condition of the statue being sold.

Do not automatically assume a perfect transaction, still do some legwork, be it pics or detailed invoices with Paypal.

Back