Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the pleasure of viewing the OT at our the local cinema over the past few weeks.

It finished last night with ROTJ, which was the only one i hadn't seen on the big screen since it's original release back in 83.

Being a purist, when the ghost scene came on with Christensen superimposed over Shaw i shouted out No! That's not true!
To my surprise i wasn't alone in shouting it out.:giggle:

I already made one! :lol

That is SO much better. :clap

Because even when I wanted to just go with it and allow for Hayden to be in that scene I absolutely hated the execution of it. How the camera stays on him way too long making him look all creepy and weird.

Which then caused George to edit out Luke's little head nod and eye blink. I hated that!!

But this was really well done, great job. :duff

Looks like I'm in a small boat in this thread - I hated Lucas adding Hayden; makes no sense. He turned back to the good side as an old man, not when he was young. He realized through the love and encouragement of his son, the errors of his ways and tried to redeem himself in the final moments. He killed The Emperor when he was an old man, not as "Annie."

Hate it so much.

Reminds me, how many here thought the "Jedi" in ROTJ referred to Anakin rather than the Jedi Order?

I always assumed it was the Jedi order, and apparently George has confirmed this. Plus it "rhymes" with Revenge of the "Sith".

But there seems to be a widespread belief it refers to Anakin.

Reminds me, how many here thought the "Jedi" in ROTJ referred to Anakin rather than the Jedi Order?

I always assumed it was the Jedi order, and apparently George has confirmed this. Plus it "rhymes" with Revenge of the "Sith".

But there seems to be a widespread belief it refers to Anakin.

Did you know the original title was 'Revenge of the Jedi'...?

Where's the rhyme in that?

Did you know the original title was 'Revenge of the Jedi'...?

Where's the rhyme in that?
Yep, when it was first announced to be "Revenge of the Jedi" I just assumed it was indicating that Luke would become a full Jedi in the upcoming film and get revenge for his defeat in ESB. Then when it became "Return" I just took it to mean Luke returning. The "Jedi Order" and "Anakin" stuff always struck me as just more PT era retconning.

Looks like I'm in a small boat in this thread - I hated Lucas adding Hayden; makes no sense. He turned back to the good side as an old man, not when he was young. He realized through the love and encouragement of his son, the errors of his ways and tried to redeem himself in the final moments. He killed The Emperor when he was an old man, not as "Annie."

Hate it so much.
Then by that logic, he’d still look like Hayden. Vader was only in his 40’s when he died. Hayden now is that age, and doesn’t look all that different than he did then. He certainly doesn’t look like a 79 year old Sebastian Shaw.

Can't wait for the 8K release.

haydarth.jpg

Back