*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true as soon as you remove those 2 movies the black goo is a 100% non issue as used in this movie.
Prometheus and Covenant are as canon as the AvP films to me. So the lame goo in the former don't taint Romulus any more than Weyland-Yutani existing in AvP ruins the company in ALIEN or ALIENS.

That is true as soon as you remove those 2 movies the black goo is a 100% non issue as used in this movie.
You don't even need to remove them. The goo in Romulus is shown to only produce xenos so is only xeno genetic material even if similar goo did other things in other films, it isn't the same stuff. I don't see an issue even if you count the prequels as canon.

Maxi big da goo.
"Feel the goo...inside you."

1724952161985.png

Black Goo is an magical as The Force.

Funny you should bring that up. In the recent Marvel comics, all xenos have a telepathic connection with each other - regardless of distance. It's even hinted that this ability breaks space and time, because there's a Xenomorph supreme being in the far distant future (from Alien: Bloodlines) that reveals an image of herself to every face-hugged victim. Before they die, she's the last thing they see.

And since the comics have been drawing a lot from Prometheus, it's possible that the goo gave these powers. I think the goo does all.

Saw it last night. So it's basically an Aliens Franchise "greatest hits" film, the first half being a lot better (because that feels more Alien) than the last half (because that feels more Prometheus with a bit of Aliens in the mix).

Ok, that’s impressive. I totally thought the creature was animatronic.
Saw the movie yesterday. I was onboard for most of it but it quickly destroyed any goodwill established in the first half by bringing in the goo, Rook and this thing. And the callbacks. You don’t need callbacks. Don’t do callbacks.
Otherwise, the setup, the Rain/Andy relationship and the facehugger/alien stuff was really good.

Back