*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As weary as I was about this focusing on a younger group, I thought they (and their problems) rang true to existing in the same relative time/space as the basic Space-Haulers from Alien, and the Marines from Aliens.
Same. The trailers gave me a nervous "AvP:R" vibe but I ended up really liking how the film focused on how kids like Newt and her friends would feel about living on remote mining colonies in their teens and 20's (spoiler alert, they think it sucks, lol.)

Back to #1 as of yesterday.

Screenshot_20240828_191556_Chrome.jpg

Wow back and forth with DPW.

I still can’t get over how little Furiosa made.

It’s right up there with borderlands and crow as a disaster.
I'm glad we're finally getting R-rated big budget mainstream popcorn movies again. We've only had to wait what, 20 years since the original Matrix trilogy?

I'm glad we're finally getting R-rated big budget mainstream popcorn movies again. We've only had to wait what, 20 years since the original Matrix trilogy?
And from Disney of all places!

Next up Avatar Fire and Ash R Cut!

Cameron said: “Spineless fans you will pay the ultimate price!”

Yeah I'm not sure I'm willing to accept it in my canon....of course, I have to see the film first.

I saw a video on Youtube remarking on the lack of a Queen Alien - some speculating that Ridley would not allow it. Whether that's true or not it's probably for the best. Because if there was a Queen in A:Rom it would deprive Cameron's Aliens of the 'new' thing which that film brought if this franchise was all viewed chronologically. It's bad enough that Ripley now isn't the first to say 'Get away from her you *****' without also stealing the Alien Queen's thunder.

See the problem I have with the black goo is that it’s just the jack of all trades go to device for anything to move your story along it’s like why do you even need a face hugger if the black goo can just make magic happen with a single spore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is fixable though. The goo from the alien Romulus only created more eggs, facehuggers and xenos (plus hybrid xeno human) so that goo is just xeno genetic material.

The goo from the small urn david used in Prometheus was taken from the Deacon shrine and that produced the trilobite body hugger which birthed the Deacon seen on the shrine.

The goo canisters used in Covenant bombing created the spores and neomorphs. David had to use various goo mixtures presumably to create his version of the xeno, his own variant.

Each goo is a different thing, like how in a lab there may be many vials of clear liquid but each may be a different chemical, each black goo is a different mutagen.

With that in mind, if in a movie characters extract goo from a xeno it will only be able to be used to create xenos or xeno hybrids as it is basically just xeno genetic material, so that resticts the options somewhat and stops it being a magic wand to conjur up anything.

Yeah I'm not sure I'm willing to accept it in my canon....of course, I have to see the film first.

I saw a video on Youtube remarking on the lack of a Queen Alien - some speculating that Ridley would not allow it. Whether that's true or not it's probably for the best. Because if there was a Queen in A:Rom it would deprive Cameron's Aliens of the 'new' thing which that film brought if this franchise was all viewed chronologically. It's bad enough that Ripley now isn't the first to say 'Get away from her you *****' without also stealing the Alien Queen's thunder.
Wait until you see the deleted scene of the kids crashing the APV!

See the problem I have with the black goo is that it’s just the jack of all trades go to device for anything to move your story along it’s like why do you even need a face hugger if the black goo can just make magic happen with a single spore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not going to defend anything in Prometheus or Covenant but as far as Romulus is concerned I'm fine with the goo simply being xeno DNA that the company was trying to make a magic serum out of, and the end result was something that you'd never want to inject into yourself under any circumstances. If it was a metaphor for the COVID vax then who knows what cocktail of additional ingredients the W-Y scientists might have added to it to prior to the kids stumbling onto the lab.

I'm not going to defend anything in Prometheus or Covenant but as far as Romulus is concerned I'm fine with the goo simply being xeno DNA that the company was trying to make a magic serum out of, and the end result was something that you'd never want to inject into yourself under any circumstances. If it was a metaphor for the COVID vax then who knows what cocktail of additional ingredients the W-Y scientists might have added to it to prior to the kids stumbling onto the lab.
That is true as soon as you remove those 2 movies the black goo is a 100% non issue as used in this movie.

Back