*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, so you're saying you want to see a movie where the alien accepts his humanoid alien form, and makes due, tries to fit in, fish-out-of-water story, gets a job, has to learn the ropes, falls in love... I see where you're going.
1717625615962.png

I love the stupid black goo, it makes the Xenomorph (it's right there in the name) more interesting.
It won't make this uninspired movie any better.
This should be retitled "Alien: More of the Same"

I love the stupid black goo, it makes the Xenomorph (it's right there in the name) more interesting.
It won't make this uninspired movie any better.
This should be retitled "Alien: More of the Same"
Glad you like it but for me it ruins everything. If the black goo is in this movie, I'm out.

Ridley did, and it was explained in Covenant.
Whether you like Prometheus or not, for the record I’m not a fan, at least it was trying to do something different even if it was unsuccessful.

I blame Lindelof and too much cocaine.

Ridley did, and it was explained in Covenant.
Whether you like Prometheus or not, for the record I’m not a fan, at least it was trying to do something different even if it was unsuccessful.

I blame Lindelof and too much cocaine.
I liked Prometheus for what it was. Covenant was a step too far - far too messy.

I always imagined the third part to be a three way war between Colonial Marines searching for the lost colonists, the Engineers out for revenge and David with his creations leading to the final evolution to the Alien.

I always imagined the third part to be a three way ...

Ohhhh... tell me more.

... a three way war between Colonial Marines searching for the lost colonists, the Engineers out for revenge and David with his creations leading to the final evolution to the Alien.

Oh. Whatever.

Prometheus was clumsy, but had some interesting ideas that could've been redeemed if they stuck the landing. Unfortunately, Covenant saw Scott pulling back his horse as he was leaping.

For me, Prometheus had too many ingredients -- which is fine -- but then nothing gelled cohesively together.

Each ingredient on its own was intriguing, but the whole was not.

I'm not sure what Covenant was trying to accomplish. I barely remember that movie.
I was really underwhelmed with Covenant at first but it does get better with repeated viewings...

I'm odd, but I like all of the Alien movies! Sure the first one's the best, but even Alien 3 and 4 are still enjoyable.

Prometheus has a great atmosphere right from the beginning. I get excited every time I start watching that movie. Some mysteries, space travel, some planet to explore. Problem were some dumb decisions and (like wor-gar said) the mysteries didn't come together the right way. I left the cinema and wondered about so many things and was underwhelmed by others. Still a good watch, but not great.

Covenant - Again, nice setting but the story should be completely different building up on Prometheus mysteries. But it took the wrong turn.

Both movies are good in keeping mysteries (despite the heritage of Aliens which was not a success) but I wanted some more answers or interactions with the constructors (or however they are called in english). I know it is a dangerous line, too much interaction and the mystery is gone - but coming to that planet and everyone wiped out was a bit disappointing again.

Prometheus has a great atmosphere right from the beginning. I get excited every time I start watching that movie. Some mysteries, space travel, some planet to explore. Problem were some dumb decisions and (like wor-gar said) the mysteries didn't come together the right way. I left the cinema and wondered about so many things and was underwhelmed by others. Still a good watch, but not great.
I personally love Prometheus and the fact that it's so different to Alien and Aliens, not just narratively, but also with regards to the mythology, worldbuilding and even the new sci-fi designs and cinematography. Prometheus is to Alien what Fury Road is to Road Warrior. Totally different but yet of the same worlds as they all stand on their own merits. At least some of the mysteries would've likely been solved in a more organic and satisfying way, had they not chickened out in favor of a more "xenomorphed" followup in Covenant (Still a really good movie though i.m.o.)
Covenant - Again, nice setting but the story should be completely different building up on Prometheus mysteries. But it took the wrong turn.
Agreed, The semi-failure of Prometheus at the box office plus some fairly harsh fan critique derailed the sequel. I believe Ridley and the production company should've still kept their focus on the Engineers and Elisabeth Shaw. The short featurettes on the Blu-ray helps explain what happened inbetween the movies, but these should've been an integral part of the main features instead. A missed oportunity...
Both movies are good in keeping mysteries (despite the heritage of Aliens which was not a success) but I wanted some more answers or interactions with the constructors (or however they are called in english).
"Engineers"

Back