*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I still wish we'd gotten Kenner's supposed Operation Aliens cartoon!
Though minus the outrageous toyetec color schemes and 90s eXtreme gadgets they gave the "Space" Marines. :lol
And who the freak was O'Malley? And WTF they did to Bishop!?
LjOkbDtImalq.jpg

90hx3z.jpg

90hz5b.gif

90hsar.jpg

(apparently concept shots for the unused tie-in figure commercial)

Last edited:
Just like Empire Strikes Back was completely different than A New Hope but also benefited from ANH existing same thing applies for Aliens and Alien.

It seems to me that the Alien came before the goo. Since the Engineers had that temple that had an Alien wall statue in there.
It was the Deacon sculpted on the wall, but the ceiling had Xeno eggs, hands and facehuggers so yeah, Xeno def predated Davids version.

Prometheus was about stealing fire from the gods. The movie established that what the crew thought would be the gods turned out to be humans (both visually and genetically) thus evolved on earth and were removed from earth by the actual gods aka Space Jockeys we can safely assume given that the engineers use the same ships, tech and have pilot suits that resemble them. the Engineers were likely almost wiped out in the incident 2,000 years prior (perhaps the Space Jockeys didn't like that the Engineers had stolen their fire aka mutagen tech) and then David the android attempted to do the same to the Engineers.

Last edited:
Just like Empire Strikes Back was completely different than A New Hope but also benefited from ANH existing same thing applies for Aliens and Alien.
Yes but nobody ever made - The bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell - movie.

Wait, that should be the subject for the Rogue Two movie. :lol

Last edited:
Well I’ve been ruminating on this for a couple of hours after getting out of the cinema.
Overall I thought it was pretty good, some nit-picks but was I entertained? Yes I was.
The presentation though at the cinema was awful though, way too dark and out of focus. I miss the age of celluloid.

The presentation though at the cinema was awful though, way too dark and out of focus. I miss the age of celluloid.
Sorry to hear. Do you think it was a cinema issue or the movie in general? I thought it looked quite good.

Saw the movie this afternoon. Really enjoyed it. One part I didn’t particularly like but still overall really enjoyed it. Thought Andy and Rain were great.
They did well to tie the original movies and prequels together in it.
This^ Being a familiar or new setting, full of call-backs, or not, new origin, new direction, set before, during, or after, ... none were really going to make or break this.
Ultimately I have to care about the characters and want to see at least one try and survive, I honestly wasn't expecting to, from this Rogue Scooby-Gang, who I anticipated I would be rooting to see them all killed. :lol
Yet buried within the underlying escaping servitude to the corporation theme, they actually delivered two characters I cared about, though admittedly pulling from the easy cliche handbook; her going back for her "brother" Andy, and reprograming him to protect not just her but "himself", it humanized them enough, that in the end I cared that they survived.
Be it against the more classic Xenos, or the outrageous new Xenobabymorph, which was in fact absolute nightmare-fuel.😄

I feel uneasy just being in the same thread with it being discussed.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Do you think it was a cinema issue or the movie in general? I thought it looked quite good.
No it’s the cinema, the local Odeon. It’s a consistent problem, but it’s literally 5 minutes round the corner.
I’m off to see it again at the Vue, we have two cinemas here, with my friend tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞

Hey, I still wish we'd gotten Kenner's supposed Operation Aliens cartoon!
Though minus the outrageous toyetec color schemes and 90s eXtreme gadgets they gave the "Space" Marines. :lol
And who the freak was O'Malley? And WTF they did to Bishop!?
LjOkbDtImalq.jpg

90hx3z.jpg

90hz5b.gif

90hsar.jpg

(apparently concept shots for the unused tie-in figure commercial)
As a kid in the 90s I use to see xeno stuff all the time and wondered what it was. The franchise was not for kids lol but it was heavily marketed to kids in the 90s. I think the beauty of the franchise is that it can’t die no matter how bad a film can come out. It’ll always be relevant .

Man, I thoroughly enjoyed Andy as a character. Both versions of him.

Question, though: why was it in the Company's interest for Kay to inject herself with the fluid? We knew it wouldn't end well because we saw what became of the "healed" rat as the characters left the lab. So I have to imagine there was an ulterior motive for Company Andy to suggest it. Wasn't bringing the goo back to HQ enough?

Be it against the more classic Xenos, or the outrageous new Xenobabymorph, which was in fact absolute new nightmare-fuel.😄

I saw the movie last night and really loved the setting and the environment that was created. I think the characters were compelling enough to make a good story but wow addressing that xenobaby, when it was first revealed I was like what tf is that. I know there is a lot of negative views on the hybrid but I think it makes for a good twist.

This^ Being a familiar or new setting, full of call-backs, or not, new origin, new direction, set before, during, or after, ... none were really going to make or break this.
Ultimately I have to care about the characters and want to see at least one try and survive, I honestly wasn't expecting to, from this Rogue Scooby-Gang, who I anticipated I would be rooting to see them all killed. :lol
Yet they actually delivered two characters I cared about, though admittedly pulling from the easy cliche handbook; her going back for her "brother" Andy, and reprograming him to protect not just her but "himself", it humanized them enough, that in the end I cared that they survived.
Be it against the more classic Xenos, or the outrageous new Xenobabymorph, which was in fact absolute nightmare-fuel.😄

Yeah I didn’t want to say too much but I was rooting for Rain and Andy even with the cliche but it worked ok. But it lead to the scene I’d didn’t like with the acid blood lol.

Oh the Xenobaby is nightmare fuel! Actually said that to my friend describing it. Think it was the freakiest thing in the series. Like an engineer had been stretched and messed up!
Cool design lol.

Oh and big props for all the practical effects used it the movie. Looks so much better.

Question, though: why was it in the Company's interest for Kay to inject herself with the fluid? We knew it wouldn't end well because we saw what became of the "healed" rat as the characters left the lab. So I have to imagine there was an ulterior motive for Company Andy to suggest it. Wasn't bringing the goo back to HQ enough?

Why was there not a crack team of "recovery agents" sent from the company to that disabled station to recover that valuable tech long before it crashed?

Why was there not a crack team of "recovery agents" sent from the company to that disabled station to recover that valuable tech long before it crashed?
I wouldn't be surprised if there was. And if there hadn't been, it would've happened eventually.

Yeah I wondered that too.
They were obviously too far away to get there in time.
Rook said it would take 6 months for the message to reach the company.
So I’m guessing the station got in to difficulty pretty recently judging by the bodies and a team couldn’t reach there in time?

But there's a whole planet of company men right below the station. No one monitoring...
They were terraformers though, doubt there were any WY there that were with the weapons division.
One of my nits was that it was a WY science outpost, they should have made it a Seegson, would have made more sense to me anyhoo.
Mind you they wouldn’t have Rook as he was, although that may not have been a bad thing for some.

Just got out of a screening. My review is that it was pretty good at best, inoffensive at worst. I was entertained mostly but it felt a little long in spots and overall kinda… forgettable? Like, yep, that was a movie I saw. I’ll pick up the 4K disc but won’t try to see it again in theaters. I did almost laugh out loud when deep fake Ian Holm started talking close up, oh boy that CGI was ROUGH. I almost couldn’t believe they let it out in that state.

I’m a huge Prometheus fan, dumb side characters and all, and I don’t think I would rank this above that film for me.

Back