Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

BCS has also posted pictures that show the accessories that were displayed with the figures at the toy fair. I must say that I'm very happy with the accessories that are included with Goldfinger and Oddjob. I can't really think of anything else that would need to come with them as it looks like BCS has thought of everything. Connery looks to have a very nice selection of accessories as well, but I just can't see them well enough to give my opinion. Here are the pictures:

16508774_10155563614711002_5208664875741199287_n.jpg

16640904_10155563614876002_8073832372381587626_n.jpg

Will connerys shoe be able to house the transmitter licator?

I love that the Goldfinger accessories include the Delta-9 gas canister. He has everything that I made for my custom Auric long ago. He needs the mint julep though to share with Bond.

I was actually thinking the same thing. :lol

I'm hoping that the mint julep will be parted out and pretty easy to find on eBay. If not, I can't really see myself displaying the figures with the juleps together anyway (unless I had a nice 1/6 table and a couple of chairs).

What are Connery's accessories-I see gold, julep, hands-but what else are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have to post my old custom Goldfinger and Oddjob...

Goldfinger + Oddjob 1.jpg

I was so proud of these 5 years ago. Now I can see where I need to upgrade yet again.

Thanks a lot, Greggo.

:D

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if I should bother with customs at all anymore, since companies keep coming along to produce better versions of everything I make!

The money and time ive spent on customs only to have HT come along and make the same figure...

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if I should bother with customs at all anymore, since companies keep coming along to produce better versions of everything I make!

The money and time ive spent on customs only to have HT come along and make the same figure...

Yeah, eventually everything will get made... except Barbossa. :lol

But I do find that I have much more fun bashing and building figures over many months -- figuring out all the pieces and tracking them down -- than I do just plopping down a lot of money for a figure I literally handle for about an hour and then set on a shelf.

Looks like the pencil and paper he uses under the map are there too.

Good eye. I was wondering what I saw there.

Seems like a strange inclusion really. But I love the Julep.

Phht, pencil - paper - mint julep. Where are the DB5, Littley Nelly and the Jetpack?

. . . and his damn, silly trilby?

bestsmirksall-small.jpg

Will be my first figure from Big Chief. Stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. Now announce the next wave! We've known about these since last September!

Me too. Curious if it will be another Connery set or a Roger Moore set.

But first I'd like to know when these will go up for preorder... and of course when will they start shipping.

But I do find that I have much more fun bashing and building figures over many months -- figuring out all the pieces and tracking them down -- than I do just plopping down a lot of money for a figure I literally handle for about an hour and then set on a shelf.

Absolutely! The real fun for me since I started on this hobby has been kit bashing figures to get the possible version. It's also meant that I've got pickier about what I buy when I know I'm not going to customise it.

Oddjob looks perfect here, but to me Connery's paint job isn't really a £210 figure, though the sculpt seems better in full body shots. The skin tone looks flat and the brown stuff on the lower half of his face is off-putting. But I love the fact they've given him a smirk, that alone will make it hard to resist this if the factory paint job turns out better.

I would get 007 for sure, always depending on how the final/sales product will look, if is like the pictures..is a sure thing...if there changes in sculpt quality,clothing...is a "will see and think it over" after all this will be over the $250/300 plus shipping. But right now it is looking FANTASTIC, even like Goldfinger and Oddjob.

Phht, pencil - paper - mint julep. Where are the DB5, Littley Nelly and the Jetpack?

. . . and his damn, silly trilby?

View attachment 321799

Yeah, looking at those, I don't really understand the criticism over the forehead being too wide. It's possible the overall head might not be quite as narrow as it should be, but it at least doesn't look as wide to me as the BBkill one.

I must say it's quite refreshing to see a bit of excitement on the boards for something that isn't DC/Marvel/SW. I hope this line does extremely well and people post pics of their wants, as well as costume inaccuracies and problems with accessories.

Back