Big Chief Studios - Space:1999 - Commander John Koenig

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sucks to be getting into this property and realizing it's locked up in this entire BCS debacle of awfulness instead of being in the rightful hands of the myriad of random companies that could do it justice in some sense. Then again it's a niche in a niche so I guess that's just how it goes. Gosh do I wish for a 1/6 Sandra though...

Attachments

• c7e4a400e8b1d0ca3346ebed24c99bd2.png
    c7e4a400e8b1d0ca3346ebed24c99bd2.png
    897.5 KB · Views: 0
I always really liked UFO, would love a range of 1/6 UFO figures, Straker, Freeman, Foster plus others.
See that Kitbash Corner does have a 1/6 Straker head now.

At least Lt Ellis got made. Too bad the line couldn't survive long enough to have the main stars of the series.

Last edited:
It does seem strange, some new movie is released, the hype lasts about 5 minutes, maybe it gets some 1/6 figure but I won't collect them as I won't watch the movie and have no interest in doing so, then there is a classic show, with a minimum of one season of episodes, sometime more (UFO, Doctor Who, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica) and no 1/6 figure. Look how long it took to get 1/6 Star Trek figures. I would be willing to buy the main characters in 1/6 form for all the shows I mentioned above but would imagine I have no chance of seeing them made.

It does seem strange, some new movie is released, the hype lasts about 5 minutes, maybe it gets some 1/6 figure but I won't collect them as I won't watch the movie and have no interest in doing so, then there is a classic show, with a minimum of one season of episodes, sometime more (UFO, Doctor Who, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica) and no 1/6 figure. Look how long it took to get 1/6 Star Trek figures. I would be willing to buy the main characters in 1/6 form for all the shows I mentioned above but would imagine I have no chance of seeing them made.
With the advent of 3D printing, new things are available that no major manufacturer would take on for 30 years.

The question is how much are you willing to invest: Time to learn the process? Money for someone else to produce the item?

The possibilities are wide open these days if you really want them.

With the advent of 3D printing, new things are available that no major manufacturer would take on for 30 years.

The question is how much are you willing to invest: Time to learn the process? Money for someone else to produce the item?

The possibilities are wide open these days if you really want them.
It sounds really cool. Great business opportunity for someone who knows what they are doing. Sadly not me at my age and poor computer abilities.

There are a large number of people already doing it. If you search a while you may find what you are looking for. Some even sell pre-printed items.

There are a large number of people already doing it. If you search a while you may find what you are looking for. Some even sell pre-printed items.
Cool, I will take a look. Is there anywhere specific to look besides eBay and Etsy?

Back