Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enuff

I understand the completist mentality since i felt the same

But it doesnt help when there isnt the consistency.

The EX Spidey com is the only one imo that would have any resale, its the most limited Spidey too

With the price hikes id assume eventually you will have a much easier time unloading for something better.

Keyword eventually

Good news though

These new prices make aftermarket $ seem a lot more attractive

Black Cat will probably be gift card eligible in a year from now

Its been a year now though and MJ's gone. So you got to time it right or risk missing out.

I'm a completist so will probably drop the RPs on here then hope the line is finished :)

Still represents poor value to me but that's life I suppose.

Yeah I'd love to wait for a deal but I can't risk not completing it. This line started me down the SS hole and I'm gonna be right there at the bottom :lol

I love the face and all. But price is off putting for her size. It's super retarded on SS end. If XM makes Black Cat I'm so down for it. Also hoping we get a great Black Cat for the new Spidey line.

Classic Catwoman PF much easier buy after Disneys SSC lack luster releases lately.

Thank god DC hasnt went bonkers with their licensing fees just yet. Star Wars and Marvel products are ridiculously expensive.

Rather foot the extra $100 to get Classic Catwoman PF

Gentleman, SS is overpriced. rather you eat it or you don't debate settled. I'll get the gosh Darned thing cause I'm already invested in the line. think the real question we can ask here is why did we get classic suit spidey over black suit spidey? classic suit was just them milking it in the most lazy way possible.

the price bugs me but I think if she looks as good as the proto like the other two ladies did I wont mind as much- I'll think of her as $199 + an $80 professionally painted prototype quality fee.

I know she should look that way anyway but thats the world we live in :p

This is the best pic for booty

200232_press08.jpg

I wonder if they bumped the price up because of what everyone here is saying. Everyone is basically saying they'll get it because they're invested in the line, even though the price is too much. That's understandable to a degree, as I mean, if you've already picked up the rest of the statues, you'd want to finish the set; however, I'm still baffled how this didn't land in MJ's price range. And the more I look at the base, the more generic it seems. A few splashes of diamonds around a simple pink floor.

It's unfortunate so little went into the base, as I think the sculpt is fantastic! I really love how it turned out. That part all keeps the temptation there...but man, that price is a lot for the States, let alone the measly Canadian dollar right now. Her sitting on an open safe would've been so much cooler (I say that because I can't really think of anything else somewhat realistic that'd put her up in the same height realm as MJ.) Or just a lower price to keep things on par would've sufficed.

Ack, such a beautiful piece, and yet much sadness.

post-52106-simon-pegg-sad-rain-gif-Imgur-RQWu.gif

I wonder if they bumped the price up because of what everyone here is saying. Everyone is basically saying they'll get it because they're invested in the line, even though the price is too much. That's understandable to a degree, as I mean, if you've already picked up the rest of the statues, you'd want to finish the set; however, I'm still baffled how this didn't land in MJ's price range. And the more I look at the base, the more generic it seems. A few splashes of diamonds around a simple pink floor.

It's unfortunate so little went into the base, as I think the sculpt is fantastic! I really love how it turned out. That part all keeps the temptation there...but man, that price is a lot for the States, let alone the measly Canadian dollar right now. Her sitting on an open safe would've been so much cooler (I say that because I can't really think of anything else somewhat realistic that'd put her up in the same height realm as MJ.) Or just a lower price to keep things on par would've sufficed.

Ack, such a beautiful piece, and yet much sadness.

post-52106-simon-pegg-sad-rain-gif-Imgur-RQWu.gif

Don't kid yourself. SS charges what they charge and our comments don't matter. Except in the XM section. :lol

The sculpt is really nice!! I like it ...face and all.

However I do agree about the base. Do you think she will ship detached from the base? ...Or will she be like MJ permanently attached to her base?

The sculpt is really nice!! I like it ...face and all.

However I do agree about the base. Do you think she will ship detached from the base? ...Or will she be like MJ permanently attached to her base?

I would think detached would make sense but it all really depends on SS packaging methods I suppose.

I was wrong!!! Exclusive, FTW!! Call me shocked!!!

PO Hour One!!!

Let's do this!! :rock

And Classic Spidey looks superb with the others.

I'm pumped!!!

Can't say it enough. Size is a little meh, but hey, detail looks awesome. More than makes up for it. :rock Love that base too.

The base looks like it's covered in snow, not diamonds... it's not sparkly enough IMHO.

Maybe if they added a few colored gems, or some jewelry lying around her? They could keep the aesthetic with some platinum pieces.

The base looks like it's covered in snow, not diamonds... it's not sparkly enough IMHO.

Maybe if they added a few colored gems, or some jewelry lying around her? They could keep the ascetic with some platinum pieces.

I didn't get that impression initially, but I see what you're getting at.

Overall I like what I see! :yess:

I think it's just the pics that aren't showing any glitter on the diamonds but I can't say for sure. :huh

The price is a little more than I expected but that's what RPs are for! :yess:

I will likely use my reward points as well. I think I'll fall just a little short, but should cover most it. I really hope this line keeps going....I hope SSAlex has more news to add to the Gwen thread later.

Back