Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9383.jpeg

Here’s what BW had to say when I asked about a new ecto-1, I’m hoping when the figures inevitably sell out they’ll change their minds

Hard to tell, but it almost looks like they gloved hands are new sculpts as well. Definitely cast in a glossier material.

I have such mixed emotions. I'm both excited for the new versions, and bummed out about not selling my original set sooner 😭

It’s too bad they aren’t producing GB2. I have the original set, but would pick up GB2 especially with the additional heads. I’m also hoping a 3rd party produces Afterlife figures since Blitzway probably won’t, even though they produced the Ecto.

It’s too bad they aren’t producing GB2. I have the original set, but would pick up GB2 especially with the additional heads. I’m also hoping a 3rd party produces Afterlife figures since Blitzway probably won’t, even though they produced the Ecto.
And what a beautiful Ecto that is.
The weathering and rust add lots of realism to it!

It's weird how they absolutely nail the sculpts on all of them apart from Venkman.

Be nice if they could make the proton packs light up via USB instead of or as an alternative to batteries this time.

were they flimsy?
The original? No way. The only weak point were the belt clips and the way the proton wands were to be holstered to the packs. They went with accuracy, and it just didn't work out. A magnet would have helped.

All mine the electronics still work and they look like the day they came out of the boxes.

I was always disappointed in the translucent slimer , and keep on eye out for a reasonable replacement

The Egon sculpt has the ear frames going into the hair instead of wrapping around the ears like the first release. So that's different.
I'm trying to compare these to the ones on the Blitzway website with the existing prototypes (for example: https://blitzway.com/products/raymond-stantz-ghostbusters-product?_pos=1&_sid=6655bcdc7&_ss=r), and there do seem to be some other differences, though it's hard to know for sure without more high quality pics. Winston's mouth seems different (more open now), but his eyebrows seem the same. Egon's eyes seem less furrowed, and his mouth looks more neutral. The Venkman looks more like the production sculpt than the previous prototype. Ray seems less focused and aggressive. Maybe these are all completely new.

Honestly think the Ray sculpt isnt all that good, much like the first one, it's too soft, and Indont think it's really an improvement.

Egon is once again the best sculpt by far.

Pete may be a little step up, but the screaming sculpt is akward , again no real reason to upgrade.

Winston? Slightly better also , but nothing huge

With the inevitable drop off from proto we will see with Blitzway it's gonna be a wash overall .

The real winners here are those that missed out on the first set. For people who already own these 4 I cannot imagine aoeding that kind of money for a possible tiny increase in sculpt .

I'm trying to compare these to the ones on the Blitzway website with the existing prototypes (for example: https://blitzway.com/products/raymond-stantz-ghostbusters-product?_pos=1&_sid=6655bcdc7&_ss=r), and there do seem to be some other differences, though it's hard to know for sure without more high quality pics. Winston's mouth seems different (more open now), but his eyebrows seem the same. Egon's eyes seem less furrowed, and his mouth looks more neutral. The Venkman looks more like the production sculpt than the previous prototype. Ray seems less focused and aggressive. Maybe these are all completely new.
Those pics on the link are the original photos for the original packs.
I remember them well

You just got Venkman right?

Nice to be able to get the others , I remember your angst at missing them.

Yeah, thanks. I was hoping I could just keep my old Venkman and catch up with the rest of the team finally, but the new work on the hair looks too good to pass up, plus whatever changes and fixes they've made. So I guess I'll be buying a new Venkman after all.

Back