Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though even lighting of the prototypes could be affecting this, as someone mentioned earlier, the suits appear to be gray, as opposed to the tan color of the first release. This is another nice thing that sets this set apart.

The suits appear to be different colors throughout the film. I believe they were actually more tan, at least initially, but they definitely look gray in some scenes, so if they move forward this way, this is something that should allow the originals to be distinct and to have some value to fans who want that look.

538474-461927972-10232838039029431-39747812246260466-n.jpg

ghostbusters-1984-special-pack_ghostbusters_gallery_5c4d1f1c975a8.jpg

Wow, you can really see the difference in color and the tailoring too. The new ones fit better...at least on the prototypes. Final product might look like the bottom photo. :lol

As for the color, I prefer the new darker look, which is how I remember them in the film. I always thought the original figures were a bit too light/tan.

Definitely prefer the color of the new suits. I agree the legs could be a bit baggier... but overall a good improvement.

I also like that they gave Venkman a little bit of a gut to tucked his belt under.

2016 VS 2024 COMP.jpg

The more tan color of the originals reminds me more of GB2.

Just noticed that Winston is wearing Ray's suit in the convention pics (which is a nice touch from the movie), but he is wearing his own actual suit in the official promo pics.

Edit: it actually looks like Ray is wearing Winston's suit too.

I haven't seen it in decades, all I remember is this...

View attachment 730113

View attachment 730114

I vaguely remember darker uniforms from posters... but wasn't that just for the very end?
Huh, I also haven't seen it in years but figured that was the main suit they used given all the toys and the promo pics. I googled it and saw they did wear the dark ones in the film but I'm not sure how much. Odd.

High end 1:6 figure craft has come a long LONG way over the past decade, so I think these new Ghostbusters are really going to make the old versions look... well, OLD!

I never had any big complaints about the old ones, but this set will surely outshine. Alright, to be fair, Zeddemore had a bad sculpt and I didn't like the fact that every GB character-figure was practically the same from the neck down - same body and nearly identical outfit, but that's how 1:6 figures were generally built years ago, without any consideration for specific actor body variances.

This time around I can see the outfits fit better, tighter, and fall more naturally, really showing off the dad-bod builds of the characters. Everything looks more lifelike. And while I don't much care for the exaggerated expressions, I do think we'll see a higher level of detailing and accuracy in these sculpts which will be a desirable upgrade. Let's hope this is a sign that each figure will come with two head sculpts! If they do this set will absolutely kill in 2025! Prediction for figure set of the year!

Ghostbusters was a real labour of love for Blitzway and I think this will be another special project for them, and for the collector-fans here. I know I'm not selling my old set! Anyone who missed last time around, and can't pay the ridiculous aftermarket prices, should be pretty darn happy to have this next year.

Did I mention I'm not even a Ghostbusters fan? I just like well made figures and have to think I'll add this to the collection because the original set was a highlight of my 2015 collecting.

Huh, I also haven't seen it in years but figured that was the main suit they used given all the toys and the promo pics. I googled it and saw they did wear the dark ones in the film but I'm not sure how much. Odd.
They wore the dark grey suits for one minute in a montage sequence. Venkman wore black sunglasses with the dark grey suit. I'm surprised no one has made that version.

I'll probably be double dipping... looks like there are some decent updates to the figures but I still like the og set enough to not unload them...
20241003_083118.jpg

Egon is still my favorite, especially with the glasses upgrade.
20241003_114732.jpg

Interesting seeing how many people want to now cancel PT figures, I do think having that set on order has a few benefits.

I can't see BW getting theirs out before December time 2025. Thinking of keeping the PT set and also getting this one mixing up sculpts for poses etc + slimmed Venkman.

Back