Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was started in April sure, but the 21st of April. If this is shipped on the 15th June then that's 14 months since this thread was created, not 16. And a company stating a release date nominates the date on when they believe the item will first ship for retail. You trying to somehow wrangle Q3 out of Q2 just because you live in the US and won't be getting your dolly before SE Asians is just plain naughty Swedish :nono

To be fair to BW, they are one quarter out on their release date, not 2. Until there is a delay that has this figure released on July 1, this will still hold true.

As for the moaning about how long it was taking, IMO this moaning was more down to the lack of a published release date than anything else. Had BW come out earlier and provided a release date, I doubt people would have been moaning about it. As much.

Also, we don't know whether this was BW's one and only figure during the past year-and-a-bit. As far as anyone knows, they might have a few projects on the go.

There are bigger and more experienced players in this game who don't manage to get a high-end product released on time and to the same quality promised by the proto pics. We know who they are. To suggest that BW 'has a LONG way to go' before they can hold up in the industry is off the mark IMO. If the final product is indeed as good as the final product pics show it to be, they've already shown up a number of companies who might lay claim to be major 1/6 players.

The bigger question is can BW sustain their initial success rather than whether they deserve a place at the high-end 1/6 table.
:exactly::hi5::wink1:

I would too, but their shipping prices suck. Overpriced Priority or Parcel post. No UPS or Fed Ex ground :cuckoo:

well toys2 wants 175.00 + 45.00 shipped...BBTS is 199.00 + 12.00 shipped
viking is 170.00 + 16.00 shipped. i also had some viking bucks (500). so the price went down to 178.00 dlvd.. no brainer for me..

well toys2 wants 175.00 + 45.00 shipped...BBTS is 199.00 + 12.00 shipped
viking is 170.00 + 16.00 shipped. i also had some viking bucks (500). so the price went down to 178.00 dlvd.. no brainer for me..

I'm just curious to know what option you chose for shipping with Toys2? Airmail? Xpresspost? UPS? Airmail I can guarantee you is about half your quote from Canada.

I would too, but their shipping prices suck. Overpriced Priority or Parcel post. No UPS or Fed Ex ground :cuckoo:

I usually limit myself to posting only in dealer section, but... please show me when you were overcharged by us on shipping. We never charge customers more then actual shipping. Period. Furthermore, if you don't trust us with shipping prices - provide us with your prepaid UPS/FedEx shipping label and your shipping price will be exactly $0.00.

No, you guys aren't the overpricers, its USPS. But given the options, its overpriced for what you get. But it doesn't help you don't offer UPS Ground, which is the best valued shipping method for shipping across the country. USPS is only reasonable when you are 1-2 states away. I can get something from CA or AZ shipped to me for around $9 priority instead of the $22+ from you guys. It really makes it tough to order from you guys when shipping differs that much.

I'll look at why UPS Ground quotes are no longer showing up on the sitel; must be something wrong with a script that pulls data from UPS database.

Cheers!

Oh cool, definately look into it. You'd get a lot more orders from me if that option was available again :)

PS And you are right, the few times I've ordered from you, I have been refunded excess shipping, even if it was only a few cents :rock

It sure does pay for dealers to keep tabs on these kinds of forums. I forget who the CSC guy is, but when that credit-card fiasco was brought up again recently he was on the spot to set collectors straight about what had happened and how they've dealt with it.

It's good for punters to have these guys around too, it really contributes to the feeling of a community when the sellers/distributors are sniffing the same air as the rest of us :)

It sure does pay for dealers to keep tabs on these kinds of forums. I forget who the CSC guy is, but when that credit-card fiasco was brought up again recently he was on the spot to set collectors straight about what had happened and how they've dealt with it.

It's good for punters to have these guys around too, it really contributes to the feeling of a community when the sellers/distributors are sniffing the same air as the rest of us :)

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap :peace

I'm just curious to know what option you chose for shipping with Toys2? Airmail? Xpresspost? UPS? Airmail I can guarantee you is about half your quote from Canada.

theres only one option on there site which is the UPS... thats why its so expensive. i have to buy a couple of figures from them to get a break on the shipping.

I ordered mine from Toys2 for $209.88 (w/o s&h) back on Nov. 14th, but now he's popping up on other sites for $170-$179. Is Toys2 going to adjust their price b/c that's a pretty big swing in pricing and I'm pretty sure Toys2 charges for canceling orders, right? Plus, I'm in Florida, so shipping from them will be in the $20 range.

Okay, so I just checked Toys2's site and he's marked $175, so I guess I will be charged the correct price before he ships or they will charge me $209.88 and refund me. Not sure. :dunno

Okay, so I just checked Toys2's site and he's marked $175, so I guess I will be charged the correct price before he ships or they will charge me $209.88 and refund me. Not sure. :dunno

Wouldn't it be best to just send them an e-mail to make sure ?
smiley.gif

GW said they would create a figure, estimated an on-dock date, and it's pretty darn close to true. Why the delay? so they can make it better.

Other companies delay, it's because of a delay, not necessarily to make it better, and you're at the mercy of waiting til you get the Now Shipping message.

This is their first figure and it's make or break because you have some big boys in the group.

HT / Enterbay / Sideshow... and then you have DiD, Dragon, Soldier Story, Toys City, etc for other genres... you have to establish right, or fall apart.

i'm not worried about the delay.

theres only one option on there site which is the UPS... thats why its so expensive. i have to buy a couple of figures from them to get a break on the shipping.

Well that explains it then. I'd assume he's playing it safe not offering USPS (via Canada Post) Canada Post should be striking in Ontario pretty soon. ____ty timing.

I ordered mine from Toys2 for $209.88 (w/o s&h) back on Nov. 14th, but now he's popping up on other sites for $170-$179. Is Toys2 going to adjust their price b/c that's a pretty big swing in pricing and I'm pretty sure Toys2 charges for canceling orders, right? Plus, I'm in Florida, so shipping from them will be in the $20 range.

Dude he's never charged $209 for Scarface, are you sure? As far as I remember its always been $175 since day one. I could be wrong.

Back