Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so I just checked Toys2's site and he's marked $175, so I guess I will be charged the correct price before he ships or they will charge me $209.88 and refund me. Not sure. :dunno

The time I ordered from them, I was told I would be charged less when prices came down, but was never refunded. On top of that, I had to pay higher shipping and had to pay some import/conversion thing that was a few dollars. Wasn't worth it for me, although I know others speak very highly of them.

So here's the reply email, along with my order receipt email that clearly shows that I ordered it for $209.88 not including shipping. I will be canceling the order and that is the last time I will be buying from Toys2. I'm not eating $40 because I pre-ordered 6 months ahead of time before the price was set and they think it's okay not to readjust it. I'm curious how they justify that. Pretty sh--ty IMO.

Hi Nathan,

I am sorry the price will not be adjusted and understand that you will cancel the order by this reason.

Thanks for your order
Toys2

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Nathan wrote:

Hello,
I ordered the Blitzway Scarface figure from you back in November and there have been some price changes on him. Will you be readjusting my order or refunding me the price difference after I've paid? I know that shipping for me will be more than normal b/c I'm in Tampa, FL, so if there is a huge difference I might want to cancel and purchase him through a store here in the US. Thanks for your time.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 11/14/10 11:09 AM
Subject: Receipt from ToySquare

Company: ToySquare
Reference Number: T2P17697

Subtotal: $209.88
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $209.88

ToySquare

So here's the reply email, along with my order receipt email that clearly shows that I ordered it for $209.88 not including shipping. I will be canceling the order and that is the last time I will be buying from Toys2. I'm not eating $40 because I pre-ordered 6 months ahead of time before the price was set and they think it's okay not to readjust it. I'm curious how they justify that. Pretty sh--ty IMO.

Thats really ____ty of them, if they do put it up for preorder before the final price is set they will have to take the fall if the final price is alot below. I actually sent a mail to abc-express a month back asking the very same question about the DX Indy since the price went up on that one, he promised me that I will get it for the price I PO:ed for. I really hope he will come through, I have 3 figures on PO from him right now.

Eh, sucks for them b/c I know they lurk around here and hopefully this will open their eyes a little to this really bad business decision. It's almost worth starting a thread over b/c I know other people have had issues with them, but I'm just going to vent here. I rather spend money at one of my American toy stores anyway. Alter Ego or Cotswold would NEVER do something like that, b/c they have class.

I guess they're gonna hold onto the one you canceled and charge a jacked up price later. Very weird of them to do that after changing the price of the pre-order.

As for Viking, I've found the USPS prices to be reasonable enough. I ordered something via Priority, and it ultimately costed around $16 to ship to me (they refunded the difference I paid over that price, as Buttmunch said). I don't recall ever paying less than $13-14 for UPS shipping a 1/6 scale figure to me, so that's a pretty negligible difference. Plus, shipping via Priority Mail = 2-3 days to me from just about anywhere. Shipping via UPS = 5-7 business days, even for something a couple of states away.

It's 40 bucks dude. You probably won't find it cheaper anyway. and if you do I'm sure they will adjust their prices too. What you think it's Toys2's fault?

Blitzway delays this thing for months and runs into production problems, i.e. the wholesale cost goes up.

You cancel, someone else gets it and in 1 year the thing goes for 300 bucks...

i definitely do understand it's about the principal of the thing but the wholesaler is not responsible for eating the cost. The manufacturer should be. If you've got a problem email Blitzway.

Truth is if they eat the cost they will probably never see another license come their way. With what they paid for that, labor and their first go round on the manufacturing process they will be lucky if they break even off this figure.

It will take a few go-rounds in order for them to make a splash and Hot Toys pretty much dominates this space unless you are an underground bootlegger.. you get into official licenses, buck up because you're along for a risky ride...

sf____you3im1.gif

I did the same thing. Ended up canceling my order from BBTS.

I've ordered once from VP when I got my War Machine. Had no problems.

I just preordered Tony from Viking Playground. First time ordering from them. Was that the right choice, my friends?

I've ordered from VP in the past and never had problems with them. They're one of my top retailers of choice when it comes to collectibles.

It's 40 bucks dude. You probably won't find it cheaper anyway. and if you do I'm sure they will adjust their prices too. What you think it's Toys2's fault?

Blitzway delays this thing for months and runs into production problems, i.e. the wholesale cost goes up.

You cancel, someone else gets it and in 1 year the thing goes for 300 bucks...

i definitely do understand it's about the principal of the thing but the wholesaler is not responsible for eating the cost. The manufacturer should be. If you've got a problem email Blitzway.

Truth is if they eat the cost they will probably never see another license come their way. With what they paid for that, labor and their first go round on the manufacturing process they will be lucky if they break even off this figure.

It will take a few go-rounds in order for them to make a splash and Hot Toys pretty much dominates this space unless you are an underground bootlegger.. you get into official licenses, buck up because you're along for a risky ride...

First, it's not 40 bucks. It's 40 bucks plus shipping from Canuckville to Tampa, FL, which will probably be about $25. Second, I just found it cheaper at 3 places, all with better track records (and nicer websites), who all have it within a $10 price range. Third, Toys2 isn't "eating" any costs, they're overcharging you early when the first hype hits and then decides not to work with you when you call them on it closer to the release date. It's a little too much like stealing for my tastes. What's crazy is I still can go back and buy it for $175 after they canceled my order, so why would anyone keep their pre-order with them? I understand that costs change, but it's not the price difference we're completely talking about here. It's the insanity that they rather lose a sale (and a customer) and be okay with moving it later for $175, even though that customer you lost is going to cry "foul". We all know they'll still sell the figure I canceled, but I'd just like to hear a compelling argument on why they can justify not re-adjusting the price (outside of pure greed).

Yeah, it seems like you are being penalized for placing your order too early. Given that they lowered the overall pre-order price, I don't get what they've done.

The only thing that sounds potentially feasible to me is that they originally found a supplier that charged more, then later found a supplier that charged less and opened up more pre-orders for the second batch at a reduced rate. They might have locked themselves into paying more for the first batch, and couldn't remove pre-orders without owing the supplier more money out of their own pockets.

Yeah, it seems like you are being penalized for placing your order too early. Given that they lowered the overall pre-order price, I don't get what they've done.

The only thing that sounds potentially feasible to me is that they originally found a supplier that charged more, then later found a supplier that charged less and opened up more pre-orders for the second batch at a reduced rate. They might have locked themselves into paying more for the first batch, and couldn't remove pre-orders without owing the supplier more money out of their own pockets.

I ordered from day 1 at $175 and the price never changed so I still don't know how that is :dunno

So is the explanation that there was a database glitch that caused Slade to pay more? If so, their response doesn't make sense to me, unless you want to take the cynical view that they underestimated its popularity and now are hoping folks cancel so they can jack up prices later.

So is the explanation that there was a database glitch that caused Slade to pay more? If so, their response doesn't make sense to me, unless you want to take the cynical view that they underestimated its popularity and now are hoping folks cancel so they can jack up prices later.

I can't tell you what happened but I can tell you that in all the years I've dealt with Eric that he's never once screwed me over and has been a great person to deal with. He even sent me an e-mail on the HT Sarah Connor to tell me they lowered the price and gave me a credit. Maybe there's more to this than what we know or being said between these two people. Who knows. We're hearing only one side of the story.

Is this figure limited at all? If so, to what number? Just asking because it seems as if everybody is ordering one and they aren't selling out.

Back