Blitzway Basic Instinct 1/4 Sharon Stone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway Basic Instinct figures.

I honestly don't see this as being any different than making something like a Patrick Bateman or Tyler Durden or Marilyn Monroe or an Elvira figure, or anything that is basically an ordinary looking person in regular, albeit sometimes stylish, clothes.

The idea that you should only make figures based on characters from certain genres, while other characters from equally popular and successful films and genres should be ignored just as a matter of course has always struck me as an odd kind of bias. Not to mention a potential hole in the market open to exploitation for any companies brave enough to take a chance, and make some bold and cleverly calculated chances. And that is what Blitzway seem to be doing here, and I applaud them for their boldness, and hope it pays off for them.

And given that she's an iconic femme fatale with a distinctive and memorable look from a popular film that everyone remembers, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this does a lot better than people are expecting, despite all the jokes. Particularly when it might appeal across the collecting gender divide and outside traditional collecting circles, as well (of course it might not, too. but you don't know until you try). Also, as any given day in the various custom forums and boards should tell you, there's a sizeable demand for a great many characters who are traditionally unlikely to be officially licensed out there, and seemingly that demand for that wider range of characters only ever seems to grow.

Hell, if the sculpt and outfit look great, and the price is reasonable, I might even consider getting this myself. But regardless, I'm happy to see a company forging new ground and thinking outside the box...err, so to speak.

I know this was a big movie back then, but I feel like it's been pretty forgotten by time. No 20th/25th anniversary celebrations I mean I basically feel like no one cares about it. If you're under 30 you've probably never seen the movie; I'm 34 and I never bothered to watch it. I just don't see the nostolgia in it. Nothing iconic about it except for that scene which is nothing now in an era of Game of Thrones every week.

Like everyone else wtf at this license. I'm sure it was easy to acquire but there are way more things they could have chosen from that would have sold better.

It would be less puzzling if blitzway had a higher output capacity but this with the ecto books them out to mid 2019.

Only thing I remember about this movie is sneaking into the theater, nudity, a lotus, and an ice pick. Diversity among licenses is great it just seems like such an odd choice, do many people think of this film as a cult classic or anything like that?

It's an okay film but it's not a classic or anything. Everyone just remembers the infamous Sharon Stone scene or it probably would have been long forgotten about. Definitely not anything I'd have ever wanted figures from or would have even thought a company would have produced figures for.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone, male or female, even mention it passing when talking about favourite movies.

If they want to move away from the usual genre's to do something different, fine. But there are plenty more iconic movies they could have picked.

Blitzway really should start polling their Facebook followers of something.

Blitzway is owned by a rich dude that wanted to do his own figures and statues, isn't it?
He might be a big Sharon Stone and/or Basic Instinct fan.

...or it was just a case of what licenses were currently available for 2017/18.
So many companies now, new ones popping up all the time.

I remember nothing of that movie other than that one scene. Nothing.

Weird license to go after. I can see the appeal of a Sharon Stone as Catherine Tramell figure with an ice pick in hand on the movie psychopath shelf. A Michael Douglas figure from this movie though would be a tough sell. I think a better Douglas license would be Romancing the Stone.

And if you guys think Sharon Stone would let an anatomically correct doll of herself from this movie get made you're living in la la land. She's always complained about the scene claiming that she was duped into flashing her privates for all the world to see. Yeah, being told not to wear panties and to uncross her legs with lights and a camera pointed right up her cooter and she didn't think anyone would get a look-see; but she has complained about the beaver shot.

I guess it was a toss up between Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction, and Splash....

bizarre.................not much of a action figure fan base..not this many years later

I'd get it. That movie was seriously twisted and even managed to piss off the gay community(although I think they kind of blew it out of proportion). I'd also like a Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer figure.

I know this was a big movie back then, but I feel like it's been pretty forgotten by time. No 20th/25th anniversary celebrations I mean I basically feel like no one cares about it. If you're under 30 you've probably never seen the movie; I'm 34 and I never bothered to watch it. I just don't see the nostolgia in it. Nothing iconic about it except for that scene which is nothing now in an era of Game of Thrones every week.

If you never bothered to watch it, how do you know there's nothing iconic about it? Who are you to say no one cares about it?

I've got the 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD, and that was only... 15 years ago. :lol

I'm intrigued by this announcement. She'd be a darn sight more interesting than say, a John Lennon, and because this isn't Molecule8 there's a good chance she'll actually be made. :wink1:

I've got the 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD, and that was only... 15 years ago. :lol

I'm intrigued by this announcement. She'd be a darn sight more interesting than say, a John Lennon, and because this isn't Molecule8 there's a good chance she'll actually be made. :wink1:

I hope they do. If it wasn't for companies thinking outside the box I wouldn't have this. Another movie no one cares about.....

Attachments

• y phantom.jpg
    y phantom.jpg
    301 KB
Back