Boot25 Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, that's the tricky part of this. On this scale so small, the pupil almost disappears to the naked eye and would have to surrender the actual effect of the eye.

It really is a problem. I understand the reason why clarify the eye in order to make visible what is really there in order to compensate for the fact that there are both areas perfectly visible on the eye to a determined distance. A darker color can get to eat the two areas and end up looking like a single area

I agree that the eyes are light. The thing is, dark eyes are difficult to capture depth in this scale. If I painted tham as dark as they are in real life they wouldn't catch any light, and appear almost black unless illuminated by photography lighting.
I'm in the process of tweaking it a bit, but still trying to maintain some depth.
I should have some updated pictures later on.
Thanks for the feedback.

Tweaked Tyler Durden

Decided to adjust the bruising a bit.
384678484.jpg

That is some beautiful work John. Ill be getting a chance to at least paint up Mal and Jayne, they all look like great sculpts :)

I love the Zoe head (and all the rest for that matter). The skin tone and lips are perfect.

There are a lot of great tutorials on this forum for head repainting but unfortunately they do not cover painting AA heads. What would be a good basic paint mix for an African American skin tone like this one? Red Planet Toys have some very tempting AA sculpts that I would like to attempt but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Great work my friend. Every head on your thread are masterpieces.

Take care

I love the Zoe head (and all the rest for that matter). The skin tone and lips are perfect.

There are a lot of great tutorials on this forum for head repainting but unfortunately they do not cover painting AA heads. What would be a good basic paint mix for an African American skin tone like this one? Red Planet Toys have some very tempting AA sculpts that I would like to attempt but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Great work my friend. Every head on your thread are masterpieces.

Take care

Thanks,
I use my basic caucasian flesh mix which is, raw sienna, burnt sienna, titanium white, phthalo blue. The difference is I don't add as much white, and add some raw umber.
You can adjust this mix as you see fit to get the desired shade.
Good luck.

Beautiful work as usual. Yours eyes are outstanding. Whatever you are doing to add texturing to some of the head sculpts is working great.

Back