Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

Man... still really excited about BRB! I really hope it's not going to be one of those super limited and overpriced ones..

Ok... I could even feel my wallet's hurting already just seeing the sneak pics.

Those are some awesome pieces. BRB, Thanos and X-force Wolverine are must haves for me. I wonder if eventually Bowen will decide to make them in 1/4 scale. That would be super!

It's awesome how Bowen interacts with his fans & customers. Here's another pic that hasn't been posted here.

Great looking pieces, as usual. Wendigo seems a litle high priced to me but maybe he is very limited.

So, the interaction of Bowen with his fans and customers is a double edged sword. While he might make more fan favorite sculpts and characters....he is also keenly aware of which statues are super popular and can adjust the prices accordingly. Higher prices for certain characters are not only reflections of size and sculpt, but fan reception.

So, the interaction of Bowen with his fans and customers is a double edged sword. While he might make more fan favorite sculpts and characters....he is also keenly aware of which statues are super popular and can adjust the prices accordingly. Higher prices for certain characters are not only reflections of size and sculpt, but fan reception.

The interaction is great, Sideshow should take notes. He asks the fans what EXACT statues they want to see, offering poles for specific poses, costumes...ect...and ultimately gives us EXACTLY what we want to see/own. I've personally seen Bowen re-sculpt a bunch of pieces because they were not recieved well.

As far as the higher prices for certain characters. His new Wolverine X-Force statue was just put up for sale for $160.00. Wolvie is one of the most popular characters in the marvel Universe, if your theory or adjusting the price to popularity is correct, that statue would be well over $200. I believe the price depends on the warehouse he's using, edition size, box size and various other factors. Wendigo was just put up for sale at a staggering $350.00. He is not popular at all, his price was forumlated by predicting edition size, box size, cost to ship...ect.

It would be nice to have a thread where I could look at upcoming Bowen pieces without all of the Randy Bowen knob-polishers everywhere.

Comments like this make me laugh:

"Thank GOD for Randy Bowen for listening to fans and making 50 different variants of Marvel's most popular character...Hank Pym."

It would be nice to have a thread where I could look at upcoming Bowen pieces without all of the Randy Bowen knob-polishers everywhere.

:monkey1 I suggest visiting his website :slap

Oh, i forgot, this is SideshowCollectors.com, where Bowen Designs hate runs rampant. I mean Sideshow does make the premium format, right LOL. There should be NO reason why Bowen praising should be frowned upon on this site. His products are for sale on the Sideshow Website. I think people just hate to hear a strong case for the COMPETITION, the loyal-I-buy-nothing-but Sideshow Collectors.

If there was nothing good to say about the guy/company, i wouldn't say anything.

Oh, i forgot, this is SideshowCollectors.com, where Bowen Designs hate runs rampant. I mean Sideshow does make the premium format, right LOL. There should be NO reason why Bowen praising should be frowned upon on this site. His products are for sale on the Sideshow Website. I think people just hate to hear a strong case for the COMPETITION, the loyal-I-buy-nothing-but Sideshow Collectors.

If there was nothing good to say about the guy/company, i wouldn't say anything.

:slap This is getting to be like the evolution vs creationism debate. Sideshow = evolution, Bowen = creationism

Sideshow fans say when something is good, and say when something sucks. Their opinion changes based on new evidence, changes with the times, and is based on logic.

Bowen fans are usually total diehard loyalists that praise Bowen like he is divine. Thier opinions (much like Bowens website/business model) are never changed, they base everything on the assumption/belief that Bowen is great and no logic or argumant to the contrary is ever aknowledged....

The "bowen bashing" that his fans always talk about is more of a result of Bowen's Fanbase then a reaction to Bowen himself. Similar to evolutionist bashing of creationism....

Speak of the Devil...

:slap This is getting to be like the evolution vs creationism debate. Sideshow = evolution, Bowen = creationism

Sideshow fans say when something is good, and say when something sucks. Their opinion changes based on new evidence, changes with the times, and is based on logic.

Bowen fans are usually total diehard loyalists that praise Bowen like he is divine. Thier opinions (much like Bowens website/business model) are never changed, they base everything on the assumption/belief that Bowen is great and no logic or argumant to the contrary is ever aknowledged....

The "bowen bashing" that his fans always talk about is more of a result of Bowen's Fanbase then a reaction to Bowen himself. Similar to evolutionist bashing of creationism....

Rany Bowen is the father of Comic Statues, he is the man. He got me into the hobby and his sculpts are still my favorite, regardless of scale.

I am a HUGE Bowen fan, but my opinion is on a piece to piece basis. for example, I recently expressed on STATUEMAVELS how I was upset that Bowen Designs chose not to give Herculese a change-o-hand. I stated this was the first time (since Carnage) that Bowen Designs let me down, in regards to a piece i was looking forward to. If i blindly praised everything he made because he was divine, i wouldn't be complaing about the lack of change-o-hand. On the other hand, i think WENDIGO is the coolest upcoming statue produced by any company...even with the $350 price tag, for a 1/8-1/7 scale statue. It's not mindless praise, it My Honest Opinion.

umm don't you all get tired of sideshow vs bowen or his fans or whatever? not calling either of you two out, either... but everytime i come in this thread i see bickering. can we just stick to talking about the product?? lol

Any updates on Dazzler??

:hi5:

It's just the same haters over and over again. too predictable. They think of Bowen as a joke and have nothing but ____ to say, yet they are the ones who spend more time and effort in bowen threads than the actual fanboys do.

Probably the same people who think sideshow's premium format pajama dolls are quality pieces.

umm don't you all get tired of sideshow vs bowen or his fans or whatever? not calling either of you two out, either... but everytime i come in this thread i see bickering. can we just stick to talking about the product?? lol

:hi5:

It's just the same haters over and over again. too predictable. They think of Bowen as a joke and have nothing but ____ to say, yet they are the ones who spend more time and effort in bowen threads than the actual fanboys do.

Probably the same people who think sideshow's premium format pajama dolls are quality pieces.

Not true. Im not arguing for Sideshow or Bowen. Im arguing against exclusivity to a side. Sideshow puts out some quality pieces and some duds. Bowen puts out some quality pieces and some duds. My point, is that Bowen fans are more devoted to Bowen then Sideshow fans are to Sideshow.

The issue with trying to avoid bickering is that if you come into this thread and throw out a criticism towards a bowen piece you get jumped on that you are a "Bowen Basher".

1002563424_DSKRo-XL.jpg

Your Opinion Requested: Darker Color on Bowen Planet Hulk Bust?
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-planet-hulk-bust-now-darker-color-9940.html

Honestly folks....who the *&$# cares whether Bowen fans are more devoted to Bowen versus SS fans fans being devoted to SS?

To be honest we should all feel fortunate that in this craptastic economy we have the disposable income to participate in this hobby.

Bowen, Sideshow...it doesn't matter to me. I could care less who manufactures the piece. If the piece looks good, and the price is right then I'll make the purchase.

Back