Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

Honestly folks....who the *&$# cares whether Bowen fans are more devoted to Bowen versus SS fans fans being devoted to SS?

To be honest we should all feel fortunate that in this craptastic economy we have the disposable income to participate in this hobby.

Bowen, Sideshow...it doesn't matter to me. I could care less who manufactures the piece. If the piece looks good, and the price is right then I'll make the purchase.

You're absolutely right. Our love for Marvel characters invariably trumps all. However, as this hobby community is rather small, it stands to reason that we're bound to see conflicts develop between members, perhaps especially with those who are appear more fanatical than others.

Ultimately, we all have the same right to express our like or dislike for a piece, or preference for one company over another. Some take those discussions in stride. Other members, even company owners at times, appear to respond to that sort of adversity rather poorly and start seeing agendas and conspiracies wherever they turn. Next thing you know, people are dragged into senseless dramas which rarely, if ever, serves any forward moving purpose at all.

Suddenly, the hobby, at least the online portion of it, becomes a bit of a drag. Once a really cool piece comes out, all appears forgotten. That is, until the next mediocre piece comes out. Sadly, what that generally means is that those unable to deal with the criticism and adversity come out to play again. It's a bizarre cycle which appears near impossible to avoid for those who like to frequent hobby forums. It certainly isn't exclusive to Bowen.

Last edited:
Bowens Thanos on throne (beyond cool).

This thing looks incredible. Cannot wait to see it painted up.

This thing is going to be friggin' huge!!! :eek:verjoyed:

thanos.jpg

I hope when SS get around to producing a 1/4 scale it will be very similar.

BTW Thanks to Steve for the photo.

Re: Bowens Thanos on throne (beyond cool).

he looks massive. I hope the msrp doesn't give me a heart attack!

It's beautiful. Such a huge improvement over the earlier protos, this throne looks exactly like the one he used in the books. The price will be very heavy, no doubt about it.. but in this case I think it's gonna be worth it.

Honestly folks....who the *&$# cares whether Bowen fans are more devoted to Bowen versus SS fans fans being devoted to SS?

To be honest we should all feel fortunate that in this craptastic economy we have the disposable income to participate in this hobby.

Bowen, Sideshow...it doesn't matter to me. I could care less who manufactures the piece. If the piece looks good, and the price is right then I'll make the purchase.

This is my take on it as well.

In addition to that, I really don't have a desire to waste energy and time on stuff I don't like - which is why you usually only see me posting praise for the stuff I do like. Some folks might confuse this with being a fanatic or whatnot, but that's just not the case. Like many have said here before - both companies produce gems and turds alike. I just don't feel the need to wank and moan.

looks cool, but since when does Bowen make 1/4 stuff?

This is my first time seeing this!
Any ideas about when it should be out?

I'd cancel the Sideshow pig-face version in a heartbeat for this one.
I have the first bowen Thanos and it's probably my hands down, favorite piece.

:google

It's so big!!!!! Light up feature?:pray:

Your hair might grey out before Bowen make a light-up version. This is a nice piece no doubt...not like those yellow jacket statue; overly tall and not my type of chars.

If its mid-next year, I would have to guess the reveal and PO would be soon? Where is that pic from, last time I was on the Bowen site I didn't see this anywhere.

You're absolutely right. Our love for Marvel characters invariably trumps all. However, as this hobby community is rather small, it stands to reason that we're bound to see conflicts develop between members, perhaps especially with those who are appear more fanatical than others.

Ultimately, we all have the same right to express our like or dislike for a piece, or preference for one company over another. Some take those discussions in stride. Other members, even company owners at times, appear to respond to that sort of adversity rather poorly and start seeing agendas and conspiracies wherever they turn. Next thing you know, people are dragged into senseless dramas which rarely, if ever, serves any forward moving purpose at all.

Suddenly, the hobby, at least the online portion of it, becomes a bit of a drag. Once a really cool piece comes out, all appears forgotten. That is, until the next mediocre piece comes out. Sadly, what that generally means is that those unable to deal with the criticism and adversity come out to play again. It's a bizarre cycle which appears near impossible to avoid for those who like to frequent hobby forums. It certainly isn't exclusive to Bowen.

:goodpost::goodpost:

This is my take on it as well.

In addition to that, I really don't have a desire to waste energy and time on stuff I don't like - which is why you usually only see me posting praise for the stuff I do like. Some folks might confuse this with being a fanatic or whatnot, but that's just not the case. Like many have said here before - both companies produce gems and turds alike. I just don't feel the need to wank and moan.

:exactly::goodpost:

Hmm....good point. I have the Thanos Dio on order, but I must admit I might be as excited about this piece.

I just picked up the first Bowen Thanos (special thanks to Risingstar for selling me a undisplayed, mint, rub free statue) and I absolutely love it. This would be a nice compliment.

Last edited:

I'm getting this but it does look oversized. Thanos wasn't that big, if I recall, in Infinity Gauntlet. In the new series, The Thanos Imperative, they made him look ridiculously large, but this looks like more of a classic interpretation.

Yeah Randy and Co can really capture this character.
Even from this one sideshot you can really see they actually paid attention to the Lim/Perez source material, whereas SS just made up ****

I concur!:lecture

...just add the light up feature pretty please, Randy Bowen!?
onion_msn_smilies-04.gif

This thing looks incredible. Cannot wait to see it painted up.

I hope when SS get around to producing a 1/4 scale it will be very similar.

BTW Thanks to Steve for the photo.

Can't wait to get this!!! Also +1 here to hope for Sideshow to produce a pure 1/4 scale Thanos Comiquette in near future :hi5:

Back