Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

anyway I think Weapon X is looking fantastic. I love the Punisher but I'm trying to decide on that one or the modern that will be coming out

definitely buying that new modern sabretooth as it looks great.

Shanna looks fantastic but only a maybe for me

oh you mean using the same poses like ss spidey and elektra?

And RB Reuses & Recycles old existing sculpts...:lol

Doc Savage Bust = War Bust kit
Museum Spidey FS = Miracle Man FS
Abe Sapien Bust = Triton Bust
Museum Daredevil FS = Red Devil FS
etc....

Even if those were resused sculpts (which I'm not saying they are as I have no proof), then who cares if some of these characters that wouldn't usually get made, get into the hands of the fans?

What does it hurt? People ask for these characters and BD tries to his best to make people's collections complete. Otherwise a Red Devil,etc probably doesn't get made that some people asked for.

Clay Moore faux bronzes most everything. He reuses some poses,etc.

No one gripes at him for it.

Just let people enjoy the hobby and quit trying to rag on every little thing BD does because you have some beef against him.

Goodness sakes...

This discussion seems like a spill-over argument from another forum... :lol

Randy Bowen's minions always have to feverishly defend him. Who cares? Don't get all butt-hurt when somebody criticizes "your" company.

It always amazes me how offended some people get when somebody else doesn't like something they like.

Even if those were resused sculpts (which I'm not saying they are as I have no proof), then who cares if some of these characters that wouldn't usually get made, get into the hands of the fans?

What does it hurt? People ask for these characters and BD tries to his best to make people's collections complete. Otherwise a Red Devil,etc probably doesn't get made that some people asked for.

Clay Moore faux bronzes most everything. He reuses some poses,etc.

No one gripes at him for it.

Just let people enjoy the hobby and quit trying to rag on every little thing BD does because you have some beef against him.

Goodness sakes...

If I'm going to pay $200 for a piece I want a new sculpt per piece not a custom of an old piece.

This discussion seems like a spill-over argument from another forum... :lol

Randy Bowen's minions always have to feverishly defend him. Who cares? Don't get all butt-hurt when somebody criticizes "your" company.

Yeah, it seems like we have a few in this thread now that want to continue their www.statuemarvels.com vs. statueforum battle over here? Why? What does that do for either side? All I ask is that no one bother defending me. I want no part in this silliness. I just want to enjoy this hobby.

Thanks

Al

Yeah, it seems like we have a few in this thread now that want to continue their www.statuemarvels.com vs. www.statueforum.com battle over here? Why? What does that do for either side? All I ask is that no one bother defending me. I want no part in this silliness. I just want to enjoy this hobby.

Thanks

Al

Al you amuse me. It has nothing to due with any of that... All I am stating is my opinion and facts.

I've stated before, and I'll say it again; Bowen IS the Pioneer and current Heavyweight Champion of this hobby. He's the one that started it all, and continues to produce (for the most part) glorious versions of our favorite comic book characters.
He's also sculpting more these days, and now has a favorite artist of mine (Tim Miller) in his front line. Nobody even comes close to Miller's vision of the female form IMHO.

That being said, I also selectively buy the SS Premium Format and Comiquette lines. Sadly, In the last five years I'd have to say I've exchanged more SS pieces than any other product line.

The beauty of this hobby (for the Collector) is that more companies are now throwing their hats into the ring, demanding higher quality work from the existing staples...and we're seeing it, at least from Bowen.

See more pics of Bowen Designs Sabretooth Modern Statue & take the POLL...
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-sabretooth-modern-statue-pre-order-11144.html

1114590377_U3sH8-O.jpg

Al you amuse me. It has nothing to due with any of that... All I am stating is my opinion and facts.

CK - I'm not going to have a conversation with you on here or on any other forum. I know what you're all about. I know what kind of person you come across as on a forum & you don't seem to be the kind of person that I'd ever want to interact with at all. I'm sure you feel the same way about me.

That being said, I find it silly that Coug & you are both still going at each other on this forum now because you guys can't go at each other on www.statuemarvels.com or Statue Forum.

All I'm saying is to keep me out of it. I'm so done with both sides games with each other. You don't like each other, just ignore each other.

Whatever...

CK - I'm not going to have a conversation with you on here or on any other forum. I know what you're all about. I know what kind of person you come across as on a forum & you don't seem to be the kind of person that I'd ever want to interact with at all. I'm sure you feel the same way about me.

That being said, I find it silly that Coug & you are both still going at each other on this forum now because you guys can't go at each other on www.statuemarvels.com or Statue Forum.

All I'm saying is to keep me out of it. I'm so done with both sides games with each other. You don't like each other, just ignore each other.

Whatever...

:cuckoo: I never put you in it... As usual you've included yourself...

The SB looks sweet but I think the 1st BD one by Villafane is better...

Think I agree with you on this. Though the paint will probably be better on this one.

The 1st one by Villafane is the best sculpted version of the character IMO.

The bowenosers that come to this thread and bash Sideshow are ____faces.Those people are the one that makes Randy and what he produces look bad.

don't like it. it's got man face

Yes, i agree you can clearly see its been sculpted by Randy.Its weak point as a sculptor IMO, is that he always sculpt his characters with the same faces.

Back