Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

OK, I think I might end up getting a Bowen...
154353_1718197637421_1312653689_1819704_2281474_n.jpg

150578_1718088794700_1312653689_1819406_7747879_n.jpg

148526_1718088354689_1312653689_1819405_5177283_n.jpg

Shanna looks great! :D

Wow!!! She looks amazing! great back side:clap

Clay Moore faux bronzes most everything.

Only recently did Clay Moore start faux bronzing some of his pieces. He does however sell REAL bronze versions of most of his pieces.

Nobody even comes close to Miller's vision of the female form IMHO.

Better than Clay Moore? I guess I need to see side by side comparisons of Miller's and Moore's work to see if nobody comes close.

Only recently did Clay Moore start faux bronzing some of his pieces. He does however sell REAL bronze versions of most of his pieces.

Better than Clay Moore? I guess I need to see side by side comparisons of Miller's and Moore's work to see if nobody comes close.

Good point.
I didn't forget Moore. He's been sculpting flawless beauties for years.
IMO, Miller is the first that rivals Moore's dominance of the female form.

I don't believe Bowen sculpted that Dark Phoenix.

Yes, i agree you can clearly see its been sculpted by Randy.Its weak point as a sculptor IMO, is that he always sculpt his characters with the same faces.

That, and he can't sculpt hulk pants....:dunno

don't like it. it's got man face
Not feeling that Jean

I agree the face is far from attractive

Yes, i agree you can clearly see its been sculpted by Randy.Its weak point as a sculptor IMO, is that he always sculpt his characters with the same faces.

:lol Mark Newman sculpted this and every other Bowen Phoenix, You can clearly see you are just looking to hate on the guy that's finally gonna finally give you your WorldWar Hulk statue :slap

but i do agree with you about the similar faces. Classic Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and others have very similar face sculpts...broad faced, squared jaw.

...But his Smackdown Hulk face is leaps and bounds better than any Hulk head sculpt Sideshow has ever produced.

I agree the face is far from attractive

:lol Mark Newman sculpted this and every other Bowen Phoenix, You can clearly see you are just looking to hate on the guy that's finally gonna finally give you your WorldWar Hulk statue :slap

but i do agree with you about the similar faces. Classic Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and others have very similar face sculpts...broad faced, squared jaw.

Pretty sure Randy tweaked the face on it.And I dont hate Bowen at all and own most of his Hulk products.
...But his Smackdown Hulk face is leaps and bounds better than any Hulk head sculpt Sideshow has ever produced.

you're crazy in the head.I own Smackdown Hulk and he lacks Sideshow's details that the Gore Group has put in their Hulks faces.

Last edited:

Pretty sure Randy tweaked the face on it.And I dont hate Bowen at all and own all of his Hulk products.

you're crazy in the head.I most of them and they lack Sideshow's details that the Gore Group has put in their Hulks faces.

Why are you arguing with a NECA collector? You already know they take all reason and sensibility out of an argument to justify their allowance-based collecting budget. :dunno

Why are you arguing with a NECA collector? You already know they take all reason and sensibility out of an argument to justify their allowance-based collecting budget. :dunno

:slap

:goodpost::goodpost::lecture

Forgot that this Berka ka dude was collecting Neca...That explains a lot.

Pretty sure Randy tweaked the face on it.And I dont hate Bowen at all and own most of his Hulk products.

you're crazy in the head.I own Smackdown Hulk and he lacks Sideshow's details that the Gore Group has put in their Hulks faces.

I am crazy, my name is Bezzerkerr :slap

Nam's talking reason and sensibility

ace2_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

This weekend I walked into a LCS near Monterey Bay Aquarium that had lots of Bowen statues including the Hulk, Dr. Strange and other numerous Marvel statues and I have to say I was extremely impressed by these pieces. I never seen Bowen statues up-close before just on the internet. I always thought they would be too small which was why I never really paid attention to them; but, I was very surprised at how bad ass they looked and that they are good sized statues. Will definitely be buying some Bowen.

I generally like Bowen statues, but only collect sideshow. Bowen has overall good sculpts and great renditions of the characters, but the size of 1/4 scale sideshows and the greater details and dynamic presence that comes with the 1/4 scale trumps Bowens for me.

Well then YOU sir will really be impressed by Randy's next hulk offering! I've been lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the face sculpt and I must say...it's just AMAZING!! Sideshow should just give up...because they will NEVER be able to match the intricate detailing seen here!

BLMN_W8721.jpg

Well then YOU sir will really be impressed by Randy's next hulk offering! I've been lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the face sculpt and I must say...it's just AMAZING!! Sideshow should just give up...because they will NEVER be able to match the intricate detailing seen here!

BLMN_W8721.jpg

LOL

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Back