Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

This is one of the few bowen threads in the marvel section that gets updated regularly so i'd say it is a good enough source for news.

No thanks, Al's invited me many times to join up at statue marvels but I still have not joined. I don't need another forum to patrol around.

It's you and about 4 other regulars that are constantly in Bowen threads throwing stupid remarks and jabs out with nothing "critical" to say. All you guys do is talk ____ and now you're pretending that it's all about opinions?

If you guys hate Bowen and his products so much, why do you guys spend so much time in Bowen threads? I swear you guys post more in Bowen threads than you do in Sideshow ones.

And believe me, I couldn't care less what you numb-nuts have to say. If you guys want a flame war, you know im game. My skin is plenty thick enough.

Good for u and ur thick skin :nana:

If you guys hate Bowen and his products so much, why do you guys spend so much time in Bowen threads? I swear you guys post more in Bowen threads than you do in Sideshow ones.

I buy Bowen products. By the new arbitrary rules of this thread, I'm still allowed to criticize them. Or haven't I bought enough? Tell me, what dollar amount should I spend before I can be critical?

And believe me, I couldn't care less what you numb-nuts have to say.

...and yet here you are _____ing about what we have to say.

I buy Bowen products. By the new arbitrary rules of this thread, I'm still allowed to criticize them. Or haven't I bought enough? Tell me, what dollar amount should I spend before I can be critical?

You still didnt answer my question on why you post so often in bowen threads when you clearly dislike the company and products.

You buy bowen statues? Wow,that's pretty hilarious then because the overall tone of your posts in bowen threads is that people who buy them are clearly retarded. I guess you have a good grasp on who you are then?

...and yet here you are _____ing about what we have to say.

wrong. you really dont have anything to say anyhow. im just glad that shell is going to be keeping her eye on you numb nuts :)

so do I :dunno

maybe we don't suck up enough?

How's your bowen sale thread going? :lol

Funny how all the main haters are acting so confused by their past comments now. :lol

You still didnt answer my question on why you post so often in bowen threads when you clearly dislike the company and products.

You buy bowen statues? Wow,that's pretty hilarious then because the overall tone of your posts in bowen threads is that people who buy them are clearly retarded. I guess you have a good grasp on who you are then?

Maybe it's not the products that I dislike, huh? :duh

wrong. you really dont have anything to say anyhow. im just glad that shell is going to be keeping her eye on you numb nuts :)

You are in here complaining about us, therefore you care. Thanks for caring. :wave

...and LOL @ the Shell should watch out for me, when you're dishing out insults, again.

Eventually all of this will get cleared out anyway, but...

I don't understand why we are labled Bowen Haters. I don't hate Bowen. I "bash" Sideshow more often then I "bash" Bowen. It just happens that the Sideshow bashing (which is VERY common by your definition of bashing) is more spread out and not confined to a couple threads.

Also, I own the entire new Bowen Hulk line and just pre-ordered the new FB Hulk. The FB line is bashed by Bowen lovers and haters alike.

And, to be Honest, I think FQRizzo has primarely poked fun at Holdyourfireal and Statue Marvels...not Bowen.

And finally, I have made a number of comments about the low quality of the Bowen Website. That isnt inflammatory bashing...its fact. I've also made comments on how bad certain statues look...just as I have done to some Sideshow statues....why is it bashing??

You are in here complaining about us, therefore you care. Thanks for caring. :wave

...and LOL @ the Shell should watch out for me, when you're dishing out insults, again.

You're right...i care soooo much about you and your other wannabe friends <insert sarcasm="" here="">(insert sarcasm here)

Im not dishing insults, im just stating my "opinions". see how that works? :lol</insert>

fyi: if you hate Randy Bowen, Al and his website or whatever, and come to this thread and only post negative stuff because of this - you're a hater. Posting objective opinions is another thing entirely. Just own up to it, it's no big deal. It's all just silly fan wank anyway right?

I am curious though: What was it that Bowen did that got all the Statue Forum member's panties in a bunch? I used to post over at SF, and was hoping to get an answer to this, but never did.

I pretty much stopped posting there when the mod decided to hide the Bowen thread. I'm guessing that has something to do with whatever went down. :huh Now we have members from SF dropping in here to just troll the Bowen threads it seems, something juicy must've happened!

Last edited:

I think some people are missing the point. I was the one who called Coca out. That seems to have triggered this mess. He and a few of his friends from the other forum are bashers and haters. Coca stated Randy hasn't made any good statues lately. That all the decent sculpts are from his other sculptors, not him...that's nuts. Planet Hulk, Maestro, and DD on the gargoyle are GREAT sculpts.

Everyone who collects and enjoys BD products should be able to criticize and discuss what they like and dislike about BD merch. However, if you come here to say BD statues are tiny and suck because they aren't 1/4 scale...get a life. He doesn't have a license like SSC does to make 1/4 pieces. Hell, SSC has the license and wastes it making 1/5 statues. At least, for the most part Randy does a nice enough job keeping BD scale consistent. It has got to the point where some people come here just to slam Randy and his products or take some shots at Al. That's not what this thread is for. If anyone has an issue with Al or Randy, get in touch with them. Don't bring that drama here.

Lastly, if you look at the posts by the select few peeps from the other forum, they all have a very small post count. Less than 10 posts between some of these individuals. ALL of those very few posts by these individuals were used in 2 Bowen threads...Bowen threads only. They used those posts to rip BD and jump all over Al. That's it. No other posts on any other topic. That is MY definition of a hater/basher... not someone who collects BD products and wants to discuss them (both good and bad) tastefully with fellow collectors.

To the few that come here with the intent to just start crap...save the drama for your mama.

Last edited:

Im curious to know if I'm considered one of those 4 other regulars that jab at Bowen? Cause I'm the one that brought up the fine line between bashing and criticism....

Hulksmashed, I always thought you gave fair and constructive criticism. I dig when people can state their displeasure tastefully. :clap

I am honoured nash :lol

Okay I'll answer a few things here.
Previous posts were deleted. When posts are deleted as they are inappropriate/questionable etc then we also delete the posts that quoted the questionable post (if you follow me). Otherwise there would be no point in deleting the offending posts to begin with as they would still be visible in the quotes. So sometimes other posts are deleted too as they quoted or continued the argument so to speak.

Let me just be clear there are no obligatory rules in this thread saying 'you can only post if you buy Bowen'.
This thread is a good point of contact for anyone who wants to post information on new Bowen products for those that collect them. However it has also attracted members who do nothing but come into this thread to do nothing but criticise/insult BD/HYFA (as he is the only one posting about new products) or SM and accuse/ report informational posts as spam.

I don't know how other forums work but here we encourage the flow of information on collectables, from any manufacturer, mass produced bootleg and recast items excluded of course. That way peeps can track collectables that they may wish to purchase and/or discuss the ones they have.

No-one has been cast out from this thread, no-one has been told not to post and like all threads there is no single rule that governs it.
All we ask that that people treat each other with a little respect when posting opinions/opposing opinions and criticism about the subject that is being discussed.

Anyone can post in this thread whether they collect BD or not, just don't be posting insults/accusations simply because you don't like BD, the OP or the other Forum mentioned as that just ruins it for those that find this thread useful for information, including me.
With all that said, lets get back to the regular scheduling, :rock
x :wave

Last edited:
Re: Bowen Products - Look what's coming!

Okay, I've re-titled the thread to indicate that it shows latest releases etc.
I'll leave it at that for now but if anyone has any other suggestions please pm me.
x :duff

New Juggernaut Statue for 2011! Learn more & take the POLL here...
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-new-juggernaut-fs-statue-11346.html

1144146807_C3PFD-XL.jpg

Back