Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im kinda new to bowen stuff is all their stuff digitally sculpted?

No, not all of their statue are digitally sculpted, but it sure looks like that's the way they are going these days.

I know for sure that I'll be getting the Classic Spider-Man, if SSC website carries them. Who am I fooling I'll be getting all of them if SSC website carries them. They all look sick to me in their own way!

No, not all of their statue are digitally sculpted, but it sure looks like that's the way they are going these days.

I know for sure that I'll be getting the Classic Spider-Man, if SSC website carries them. Who am I fooling I'll be getting all of them if SSC website carries them. They all look sick to me in their own way!

Do you have the Sideshow comiquette? If so, what's your draw to the Bowen Spideys?
It's almost like settling for an episode of Earth2 after watching Star Wars.

I would get that Classic Spidey but in action pose. Maybe battle damaged even.

Do you have the Sideshow comiquette? If so, what's your draw to the Bowen Spideys?
It's almost like settling for an episode of Earth2 after watching Star Wars.

The Bowen museum stuff is tailor made for group displays. Plus, they're totally different styles.

I love my Spidey comiquette and the few other SSC 1/4 Marvel pieces I have. But space just doesn't permit me to go all out with them.

The Bowen stuff though, I'm able to get all the Marvel characters I want, and personally I like the Bowen style just as much as the SSC style.

The Bowen Statues/Busts are fantastic and contain so much of the Marvel Universe

The Bowen museum stuff is tailor made for group displays. Plus, they're totally different styles.

I love my Spidey comiquette and the few other SSC 1/4 Marvel pieces I have. But space just doesn't permit me to go all out with them.

The Bowen stuff though, I'm able to get all the Marvel characters I want, and personally I like the Bowen style just as much as the SSC style.

Very well put Reefer. :goodpost::exactly:

The digital file is only for reference purposes. ALL bowen statues are sculpted by hand, some using these digital renderings as reference. If I remember correctly Randy said that it is a much more efficient way to compose a statue as it is easier to tweak and adjust things to the digital file.

The digital file is only for reference purposes. ALL bowen statues are sculpted by hand, some using these digital renderings as reference. If I remember correctly Randy said that it is a much more efficient way to compose a statue as it is easier to tweak and adjust things to the digital file.

I think that you're wrong with none of Bowen statues are digitally sculpted. Check the Banshee info on the Bowen website.

https://www.bowendesigns.com/sculptures.asp?id=628&type=

I think that you're wrong with none of Bowen statues are digitally sculpted. Check the Banshee info on the Bowen website.

https://www.bowendesigns.com/sculptures.asp?id=628&type=

hmm, maybe i interpret it the wrong way then. I always thought the CGI previews were what the sculptors used to make the prototypes from. So does a machine sort of dremmel these out from one big block of material once the digital sculpt is finished?

Maybe Al can elaborate more on this....but whatever it is, Bowen seems to think highly of it.
https://www.apsculpturestudio.com/blog/2010/7/19/randy-bowen.html

Got my domino!!! Not as bad as everyone thinks
IMG02444.jpg

IMG02446.jpg

hmm, maybe i interpret it the wrong way then. I always thought the CGI previews were what the sculptors used to make the prototypes from. So does a machine sort of dremmel these out from one big block of material once the digital sculpt is finished?

Maybe Al can elaborate more on this....but whatever it is, Bowen seems to think highly of it.
https://www.apsculpturestudio.com/blog/2010/7/19/randy-bowen.html

Digital sculpts are sent to a digital printer. There maybe some minor tweaking by hand once printed.

Back