Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in total agreement with you about the Marvel Universe; with guys like Bendis destroying characters, I too haven't bought a comic book in 5 years.
I prefer the classic Thor costume, but will buy the Spinning hammer Thor because I believe it's Bowen's best work to date.

Spinning hammer effect on Thor could turn out great or look cheesy.

I like the Modern costume. I'm in for the new Museum Thor with the modern outfit. It's a recycled pose, but I don't have the classic one, so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Yeah the jury is still out imo wheiterh the spinning hammer effect is gonna work, but i will be buying the new modern thor museum pose for sure.

Yeah the jury is still out imo wheiterh the spinning hammer effect is gonna work, but i will be buying the new modern thor museum pose for sure.

Modern Thor is up for order now for $250, if it was around 200 I'd buy it.

Last edited:
Well I'm def picking this one up...beyond being a Thor fan a statue of the Modern Thor is a must have for me, even if the price is steep I can't deny the sculpt looks powerful to me and Thor pretty badass allaround.

Plus I only have things to pay/preorder through July for the time being so this one is out of the way of any potential finanical bottlenecks. :clap

No surprise here, with dwindling sales a higher price tag is the only way to make up for lost profits.
It's a beautiful piece, and if you're a Thor fan you're going to want it -regardless of the $25-$50 increase.

I feel you on the price Ink. Hell, I bought my classic museum Thor for $165 shipped when it first came out.

This is a sweet sculpt and I can't see modern Thor fans passing on this piece. I will wait for the SSC Thor comiquette. I'm happy with my classic BD Thor.

I feel you on the price Ink. Hell, I bought my classic museum Thor for $165 shipped when it first came out.

This is a sweet sculpt and I can't see modern Thor fans passing on this piece. I will wait for the SSC Thor comiquette. I'm happy with my classic BD Thor.

I bought a thor PF for $278 shipped...............$250 for a 1/6 scale statue is straight up ridiculous

well you definatly got a rare deal on that statue as i have seen some people pay 850-1000 dollars for the same statue, I admit that 250 is pretty high for a 1/6 piece but it is just a friggin sweet statue, and considering the classic thor goes for much more then 250 im glad to have a modern pose. i made my first direct purchase from bowen with the launch of this statue and im extremely stoked to recieve it. Its all relative to what you like but I think the sculpt looks awesome as do lots of others.

Every statue manufacturer has duds and grails, i just seen a sideshow ghost rider on throne sell for 110 dollars much less then sideshow released it for, on the other hand the classic thor by bowen designs sells for 400-500 bucks most often. Bottom line you dont have to be a "bowen lover" or sideshow elitist to know they both make great and not so great products both above and below retail.

Every statue manufacturer has duds and grails, i just seen a sideshow ghost rider on throne sell for 110 dollars much less then sideshow released it for, on the other hand the classic thor by bowen designs sells for 400-500 bucks most often. Bottom line you dont have to be a "bowen lover" or sideshow elitist to know they both make great and not so great products both above and below retail.

prob is, this thor and that action thor and any other versions will drop the price on the classic thor

I was a bowen fan long ago, until I saw the light

Every collector and collection bears that risk, even the greats like the sideshow thor for example will lose possible sales due to people just saying ill just get the new movie version since its cheaper etc.

Every collector and collection bears that risk, even the greats like the sideshow thor for example will lose possible sales due to people just saying ill just get the new movie version since its cheaper etc.

maybe, but the hulk PF went sky high after the comiquette came out and even the comiquette is decently above retail now

Back