Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you ain't kidding!!! To think about the years and money pumped into these guys to get them accurate, if Hot Toys announced perfect versions for $230, I'll probably have a melt down.

And right as I am getting REALLY obsessive is when they would do it, I bet...
Man, I have a lot of mundane tedious updates I am working on, but I think it will take things to the next level.

:lol True story. I am sorry for the rest of the collectors and I know its a selfish thought but.....

I took the inner of the helmet and added some foam to avoid scratching the paint on the heads spiky hair.

image3.jpeg

by the way, does anyone have some spare parts like this one?? I would like to get at least two, willing to pay, but not a kidney. :pray:Always loved elvis1976 hicks

xsyranstuff2.jpg

xsyranstuff.jpg

Some amazing stuff in this thread! Awesome that this thread is still alive after all these years. The marines were the first 1/6 figures I ever got.

Yeah it is. Makes you think how people would react if hot toys released updated 2016 versions of these figures. They'd flip..

Yeah it is. Makes you think how people would react if hot toys released updated 2016 versions of these figures. They'd flip..

Yup. Flip tables anyways :wink1: (in a rage).

Some of the tedious stuff I was talking about. Boring but necessary: Acurizing the gear, pouches, and straps.

20160511_095145.jpg
20160512_085027.jpg

Next up is 8 full sets of armor being 100% repainted...

This thread is somethign James Cameron should know about...
It is a very powerful token of love to a movie that already was 20 years old by the time Hot Toys released their Colonial Marines. The amounts of passion people like Kam are pouring over these figures is astounding. And if you go back in time in this "time machine" of a thread, the more impressive a hommage it becomes.

And we fans have been but mishandled since 1986.

Not a sequel worth watching... Bad videogames... Only Hot Toys seemed to know their customers when they did the CMs back in 06, but after years of waiting, now Hot Toys does... what they've done with their Alien Ripley... What a mess of a figure... They clearly don't bother about any franchise that's not hot on the silver screen. And rightly so, I guess: Aliens fans must be a very reduced crowd, after all... (but then, what possesed them in 06 when they released the CMs we all mod and love?)

And this 30th anniversary is nothing to call home about either... What are they doing? Some screenings and some new toys? That's it? No 4k, restored, enhanced, reimagined, re-extended bluray re-release? (I want more sentry guns!!!)
And looming on the horizon, a potentially bad movie that will depress us fans even more, and make '86 Aliens all the more important and relevant.

m.

This thread is somethign James Cameron should know about...
It is a very powerful token of love to a movie that already was 20 years old by the time Hot Toys released their Colonial Marines. The amounts of passion people like Kam are pouring over these figures is astounding. And if you go back in time in this "time machine" of a thread, the more impressive a hommage it becomes.

And we fans have been but mishandled since 1986.

Not a sequel worth watching... Bad videogames... Only Hot Toys seemed to know their customers when they did the CMs back in 06, but after years of waiting, now Hot Toys does... what they've done with their Alien Ripley... What a mess of a figure... They clearly don't bother about any franchise that's not hot on the silver screen. And rightly so, I guess: Aliens fans must be a very reduced crowd, after all... (but then, what possesed them in 06 when they released the CMs we all mod and love?)

And this 30th anniversary is nothing to call home about either... What are they doing? Some screenings and some new toys? That's it? No 4k, restored, enhanced, reimagined, re-extended bluray re-release? (I want more sentry guns!!!)
And looming on the horizon, a potentially bad movie that will depress us fans even more, and make '86 Aliens all the more important and relevant.

m.

Thanks mate.

Loved that post, an emotional one for sure. I also see recently a lot of love from fellow members to Aliens, maybe because of the anniversary or that we gave up on Hot Toys making a v2 of the marines and we jumped on customizing them. For some time couldn´t believe this thread was not always on top of the aliens/robots subforum but now that has changed.
:goodpost:

Lets see what movie they make now, but for me (dont know nowadays children).............. nothing, I repeat,:lecture NOTHING they make of this or other popular franchises(SW, Terminator, Predator..etc) will equal or overcome the original one. Even if it is done by the same director with some artistic liberty, (as it happened recently with Mad max Fury Road), because the producers now go for big profit instead of making art, directors dont have the liberty they once had and the impact it had on us when we were children or youngsters (with our innocence and dreams at the time) can´t happen again. GAMEOVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!!!

Game is not over. It is paused.

Hollywood doesn't make relevant movies anymore because audiences are happy with whatever forgettable, disposable Marvel crap they are fed with. Even the entire LOTR/Hobbit series was so dull... Guaranteed not to piss off too much anybody, but in the same time devoid of Tolkien's colorfulness, contrast, depth and richness. Of course when you work with such great material, you're bound to make a nice movie, but LOTR deserved more, much much more. I can't help mentioning the 1978 Bakshi version: that's definitely my cup of coffee.

But relevant, milestone movies are still possible. Last example: The Matrix (1999). Another, more recent but not so revolutionary a sample: the last Dredd.

Revolutionary movies will come back again when people wake up. Now they are dreaming the consummerist dream of mediocrity.

m.

So along the lines of the "perfect" base body, have you guys seen the new DAM SDU team leader figure? It isn't available yet and only just now went to pre-order, but this could be the golden ticket.

A seamless arm that isnt overly muscled-up and bulky. These scream "Hicks" to me.
Untitled.jpg

Got a long wait and who knows what kind of pricing on the secondary market, but I can't wait to give it a try.

So along the lines of the "perfect" base body, have you guys seen the new DAM SDU team leader figure? It isn't available yet and only just now went to pre-order, but this could be the golden ticket.

A seamless arm that isnt overly muscled-up and bulky. These scream "Hicks" to me.
View attachment 264833

Got a long wait and who knows what kind of pricing on the secondary market, but I can't wait to give it a try.

Interesting option! ETA?

The seamless arms of the worldbox body I refered to is a fail.:slap If only I was warned before.....

Interesting option! ETA?

The seamless arms of the worldbox body I refered to is a fail.:slap If only I was warned before.....

Not many details. Only thing I see listed is Q4 2016. So within the next 7 months or so...
Appearently this is the 'new' one. A previous SDU figure was made with a more muscular arm, but the arms all deteriorated and cracked to the point there was a factory recall.

Anyone have the DID SWAT figure body? That one had seamless arms and is out now, but it look a bit bulky, and I heard their pose-ability was pretty terrible.

Last edited:
And what about the new Phicen male body, with height fixed, not too muscle-bound? Only problem: that breast and nipples look almost female to me... And there is only caucasian variant...
m.

Sorry about the questioning, but does anybody know how to browse all pictures in a particular thread?

Besides that, could you guys just post some pics of your knives? How they look when put, how do they look when taken out? For all the dudes, please (Apone, Hudson, Vaz, Drake, etc).
I can't find gerbers on ebay. Am I missing something? What are your recommendations? Do you have reference pics?

Thanks a zillion squad!

m.

Sorry about the questioning, but does anybody know how to browse all pictures in a particular thread?

Besides that, could you guys just post some pics of your knives? How they look when put, how do they look when taken out? For all the dudes, please (Apone, Hudson, Vaz, Drake, etc).
I can't find gerbers on ebay. Am I missing something? What are your recommendations? Do you have reference pics?

Thanks a zillion squad!

m.
-No idea about filtering for pics.

-Knives are going to have to be "close enough" though.
No 1/6th version exists of a proper Mk2 ('clone' [correct] or 'real Gerber') like Hudson. Only Hudson had the larger 'fighting knife'. Chris Chulamanis (EVA modesl) sculpted a nice Gerber, but he sculpted on the wrong sheath it it wasn't removeable. You can mod some longer fighting knives if you are handy.

The knives carried by Apone, Hicks, Frost, Crowe, Drake, and Vaz were "Night Raiders" which also has no 1/6th equivalent. It was a shorter "boot knife" than what Hudson had. It was a bit like a Mk1 with a screw cap end.
nightRaiderknife.jpg
Knife compilation.jpg

I am refurbing my entire squad, and will do a little update about the knife situation here shortly. Until then, you can either rest assured that your improvisation is just as good as any of ours...or lament that fact :lol

Last edited:
Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

I ordered Shadow Fergo a Gerber knife like Mad Maxs one. Maybe is not accurate but here it is. Will have to change the knife sheath.
8ee1fa6623a5d21ff0071e24152be866.jpg

62b2f07050bf716f599bbf8aa1b89b90.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks. Cant remember where or what kitbash the sheath was from, but is not final, will try to replace for a more accurate one.

de4717a735172aff7f1ac4eec20c19ab.jpg

bd5b75ba7b7e546f0014696320bd350c.jpg

Bigbisont looking forward to that report about the marine knifes. I want it on my desk tomorrow morning! [emoji57]

Thanks to you all squad! Hell I do love the corps!

Bigbisont on the rescue, as always... I want a carbon copy of that report by tomorrow afternoon or you don't get paid, soldier!

m.

Back