C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost positive that was the one I sent back. Guess SS didn't even try to fix it.

What pisses me off, is when I returned it, the bust was still in stock. But they wouldn't replace mine. So I'm screwed. I don't understand why they couldn't give me another bust. Its B.S. But I quit this Bust line and will be selling my Bust Collection. Think I'll only keep Vader and Yoda. I was trying to complete the line but screw it. Actually trying to quit collecting peroid, but its tough.

Yes i do believe this was the one you sent back because they sent mea letter with it saying it was previously opened also it says it was inspected again for quality assurance though they charged me for thefull price all they have to do is tell people theres damage and sell them for a lower price

Crap, this scares me. I have one flex pay left in June, then I get mine. It better be perfect, cause it sounds like there's no margin for defects or replacements available.

My mom just got one of these. It's pretty cool. Only issue is the adapter was crap, but with batteries, lights worked fine.

My geekness can rub off on people man. She also ordered the 1/4 HT endo lmao. I took a pic of the bust, I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Yeh i got a double whammy the scratches o c3po face and a adaptor that doesn't work this is going back to sideshow its a shame i really liked it well hopefully i can find one on ebay even if i have to pay a little more for it

Can you do me a HUGE favor? Can you please put a note inside the box before you send it back? Something to the effect that other collectors waiting to complete flex pay have been notified of this, and they do not want it sent out again! This game of hot potato should end here. I really don't want to receive a damaged piec that has been twice rejected already.

Perhaps maybe an email that this should not be recirculated is in order.

Yeah, I feel the same way (and I also have one on FlexPay). They should sell this one at a discount to someone who won't mind the damage, rather than keep sending it out and hoping that someone will eventually be satisfied with it.

Update from other thread.

Basically I ordered what I thought was a PRISTINE "SPECIAL EDITION" C-3PO Bust from Sideshow (via a EU Retailer), but in fact what I received was a WEATHERED (ie standard) Version of it on a base that has "Special Edition" printed on it.

DarthDK said "Sideshow cancelled the clean version. They instead changed them to weathered versions and shipped them to retailers around the world, and also made them available for a short run on their official site.

So underneath the base, it will still say "Special Edition", but it is in fact just similar to the previously released bust of the same character.
"

Thanks for the info DarthDK - Wow that is really poor form of Sideshow - the photos i had of it were pristine (in the ebay auction) so thats why i bought it.

I'll never buy a Sideshow product. There's a law called misrepresentation and IMHO thats exactly what Sideshow has done here with this product

Cheers

Jez

Basically I ordered what I thought was a PRISTINE "SPECIAL EDITION" C-3PO Bust from Sideshow (via a EU Retailer), but in fact what I received was a WEATHERED (ie standard) Version of it on a base that has "Special Edition" printed on it.

DarthDK said "Sideshow cancelled the clean version. They instead changed them to weathered versions and shipped them to retailers around the world, and also made them available for a short run on their official site.

So underneath the base, it will still say "Special Edition", but it is in fact just similar to the previously released bust of the same character.
"

Thanks for the info DarthDK - Wow that is really poor form of Sideshow - the photos i had of it were pristine (in the ebay auction) so thats why i bought it.

I'll never buy a Sideshow product. There's a law called misrepresentation and IMHO thats exactly what Sideshow has done here with this product

Cheers

Jez

Then return it on ebay. The seller misrepresented, not Sideshow.

Many eBay dealers failed to update their auctions when the news came out. I believe that Sideshow did announce it, and I guess it's better this way than to have a lot of poor pieces being mass-produced. They cancelled it because the initial product samples did not live up to expectation. It takes ***** to call it off completely. So don't be too hard on them, is what I say. :)

"

Cheers

Jez

I don't think its been confirmed that the "Special Edition" was sold directly on Sideshow's website. Everyone (that I've seen) including me received a numbered version (I have 744) on the official website (as the 750 edition size was still in the description). The "Special Edition" was offered to some retailers to fulfill their customer's pre-orders for the cancelled version. Jarjarstinks on this forum had a cancelled Special Edition (on the official site) and he opted for a swap for the weathered version and he received a numbered version.

Last edited:
It's just very curious that the weathered version came in stock within few days of the cancellation of the Special Edition. It hadn't been in stock for years up until that point.

I got a "Limited Edition" one for an outside retailer a few months ago. The website said limited edition version and showed pictures of the weathered version. At the time I didn't know I was getting a bust without a number but in the end I did get it for a good price and I don't really care about edition sizes so I'm pretty happy I bought it. As far as I can see the LE version is the same as SE edition except the bottom of the base is different and the box as well.

That.Is.AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that. Can't wait for mine. Final Flex payment is on the 15th! Wooo!

Back