C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think I got a return. Box looked like its been opened. And the sad news, My C3PO has a Big Scratch along his face. Put in for a replacement. Doubt I'll get one. Sucks. There's no way this could have passed inspection in QC. I wanna quit collectiong and sell all my bust now. Getting a "Crap" Statue is so disheartening.

I feel your pain. I'm not sure what is going on with Sideshow lately but there are so many issues. When I bought my first Boba Fett bust I noticed the removable chest plate was a different shade of green than the rest. I went back and forth with Daniel from returns for weeks trying to get a replacement chest piece but they denied it and asked me to return the whole bust. So I finally returned it and picked up my new one today and what do you know I got an open box (probably a return) and a Fett bust with a cracked visor. Very disheartening but at least the the color was correct on the chest plate. Maybe the third one will be a keeper or maybe not. :slap

I feel your pain. I'm not sure what is going on with Sideshow lately but there are so many issues. When I bought my first Boba Fett bust I noticed the removable chest plate was a different shade of green than the rest. I went back and forth with Daniel from returns for weeks trying to get a replacement chest piece but they denied it and asked me to return the whole bust. So I finally returned it and picked up my new one today and what do you know I got an open box (probably a return) and a Fett bust with a cracked visor. Very disheartening but at least the the color was correct on the chest plate. Maybe the third one will be a keeper or maybe not. :slap

Thats horrible news mate :( I know you were unsure what to do about the chest plate colour and to now hear you did get a replacement but with cracked visor is terrible

Makes me think SS just has a bunch of flying monkeys doing their QC

I really really hope 3rd time is a charm mate

Keep us posted!

Well I think I got a return. Box looked like its been opened. And the sad news, My C3PO has a Big Scratch along his face. Put in for a replacement. Doubt I'll get one. Sucks. There's no way this could have passed inspection in QC. I wanna quit collectiong and sell all my bust now. Getting a "Crap" Statue is so disheartening.

I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. :(

Thats horrible news mate :( I know you were unsure what to do about the chest plate colour and to now hear you did get a replacement but with cracked visor is terrible

Makes me think SS just has a bunch of flying monkeys doing their QC

I really really hope 3rd time is a charm mate

Keep us posted!

Thanks man looks like a lot of us collectors are getting screwed by SS's poor QC. I'm still glad I decided to return the first one, now I can see the chest plate paint was worse than I thought. But a cracked visor is not any better so back it goes. Did you get a response for your Gamorrean Guard Mythos? Hopefully a replacement is on it's way.

This makes me super nervous. I have one on flex pay. By the time I get it 3 months from now, will the remaining stock be all returned defective pieces?

Mine seems to have issues as well. I'm thinking how I want to approach SS. It is awesome and while I think I can live with some of the imperfections apart of me wants more for the money spent instead of settling. :(. This is one of the reasons I moved away from SS statues.

Mine seems to have issues as well. I'm thinking how I want to approach SS. It is awesome and while I think I can live with some of the imperfections apart of me wants more for the money spent instead of settling. :(. This is one of the reasons I moved away from SS statues.

Which imperfections are we talking about?

I looks like it was damaged slightly, repaired and then sent out. Looks like the base had a small chip in it, it was repaired & one of the (don't know what you call them) neck antenias is either loose or it was glued back on.

Mine was packed well. The Bust itself is wrapped in plastic. I don't see this Bust having QC issues, eventhough I did get a bad one.

Hopefully if folks are not satisfied with a SSC product.. they will contact CS at SSC and send a few pics of the damage and return the bust for a full refund. If the item is broken, cracked, and or has been repaired and looks to be repaired poorly.. SSC will pay for the return shipping, and grant you a full refund.. honestly what more can be done. If this happened to me.. that's what I would do..IMO. Disappointing ...YES, but it can and will be solved.

Back