Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pix dude!

Hey, you might have a variant - the 3PO head doesn't seem to have the dent?

A look at the jaundice eyes C-3PO has been plaqued with in every film and a good look at some of the weathering effects. I hope someone can confirm if the neck is suppose to be silver:
9371279667_6b0e411274_b.jpg

Hit that high note 3PO! I think the arms can go higher than this but I stopped after a firm stop. Shoulders, elbows, and wrists are all points of articulation:
9371279783_8145958f3e_b.jpg

If someone can confirm, I believe the right shoe is also suppose to be silver:
9371279871_e90c4495f2_b.jpg

Details of the hands and pistons. Note, I received this piece with the pistons hanging out. Even Sideshow acknowledges that this might happen in their included instructional sheet. Carefully place them back together:
9374075826_5558650822_b.jpg

9374075938_8d1f30ccd6_b.jpg

Rear wiring details:
9374076206_6c907e6d9c_b.jpg

Head profile:
9374076302_0a0eb8f105_b.jpg

Great pix dude!

Hey, you might have a variant - the 3PO head doesn't seem to have the dent?
Thanks Mandible. :duff

I don't think it's a variant.
I think Sideshow overlooked this one.
But if you look at their product page for these droids, 3PO doesn't have the dent there either.

Thanks Mandible. :duff

I don't think it's a variant.
I think Sideshow overlooked this one.
But if you look at their product page for these droids, 3PO doesn't have the dent there either.

Bizarre?

I watched EpIV last weekend and (ironically) noticed the dent. It was there from the beginning of the film.

You should hit Sideshow up for another (then you'll have both versions:yess:)

BTW Centurion...

How do you do your photos? D'you have a home studio?
Black backdrop and one light source?

Just learning photography and love your technique, sir.:bow

Bizarre?

I watched EpIV last weekend and (ironically) noticed the dent. It was there from the beginning of the film.

You should hit Sideshow up for another (then you'll have both versions:yess:)
Ha, I wish. :D

BTW Centurion...

How do you do your photos? D'you have a home studio?
Black backdrop and one light source?

Just learning photography and love your technique, sir.:bow

Thank you.
My set-up is rather simple and very cost-effective.
I'm using a large black background. Some like to use white.
What you can do instead, is look for a roll of either black or white paper at the local craft/art store and you can use that.
Instead of expensive lamps I'm using natural light coming in from a very large, 9-foot window in my office.
Whatever digicam you use, mount it on a tripod.
Hope this helps. :duff

so right or not, it looks like all the SSC Droid PF sets have silver necks. Interesting. I have still been looking through my SW reference pics and have not found any pics that look even close to C3P0 having a silver neck. Ive only seen SSC pieces with an obviously silver neck.

Screen grabs from actual film.

Silver Neck - YES.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at102541AM_zps6a0a02a2.png

Silver Leg (but SSC forgot the foot) - YES.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at102711AM_zpsd1f922dc.png

R2 silver back panel - NO.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at103045AM_zps046f6f8e.png

I do wonder where that silver back panel came from. I'm sure it must exist. There were numerous R2's on set and in the film. I'd just like to see it...

Here's the scoop:

The first time you see that silver panel on R2s back is right when he is covered in that blue electric current from the Jawa's stun gun.

The next time you see the silver panel is when Luke and his uncle purchase the droids from the Jawas. In every scene after that, it has been silver.

At the scene where Luke discovers his uncle and aunt have been burned by the Empire R2 still has the silver panel.

Interestingly, this is also the first time we see a dent on 3PO's head. You can just barely see it as he carries a dead Jawa.

I saw pictures of the excl. over at the SF ... wow... they look just like hasbro toys. .. HORRIBLE IMO .. scarry .. I hope you guys who ever got the excl. wont be disappointed ..

so if... the reg is the way to go on those guys.. (was for me anyway to be honest...)

still not so sure if I could justify so much money for the quality to get ....oh what to do...

I saw the pictures of the exclusives on Statue Forum. They look fine to me. I think the weathering on these just makes the regulars the ones to own. :dunno

Anyone have a problem with 3CPO light switch?
Mine does not turn off and it was a pain to put the batteries in!
Not gonna send it back because it looks great and I dont want to wait another year.

For all you guys who got the EX... I hope these are just bad photos... The owner of these photos said he was disappointed with the item and said they looked like big Hasbro toys.

These photos do look like toys. Especially R2... I always thought R2 looked like a plastic toy all cleaned up. Ever since SSC put up the EX photos I never cared for how R2 looked. Surprised 3PO looks as bad as he does but that could just be the camera.

Either way the reg droids seem to be the winners here (just as I thought they would be :)).

More pics.

9374349158_9f2917352c_b.jpg

9371572707_eee7ced979_b.jpg

9371572241_4e4fd127db_b.jpg

9371572165_4fc192b199_b.jpg

Mini-me

9371572665_10a557cdee_b.jpg

9371571309_4d6b6095a5_b.jpg

With Flash
9371570979_3884a631c6_b.jpg

9374345670_d863af1a3b_b.jpg

Back