Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some other photos from the disappointed owner over at SF

Well I just got mine (#30/200) and I have to say I am a little disappointed. Here are some pics.

9374349552_963a7bee42_b.jpg

9371574639_9aab30d23c_b.jpg

9374348964_bd088a71d0_b.jpg

Looks like they opened this for inspection are busted the styrofoam.

9371574561_8d63ff9785_b.jpg

9374348496_e9ab451b28_b.jpg

My guess is it's from when he gets knocked down by the Tusken Raider that attacks Luke.

Yes, it would make sense for the dent to come from the attack. That would be my guess as well. However, during the scene where Ben introduces himself and takes them back to his home, the dent is not there yet.

This all comes down to the multiple suits and other droids that were used. I'm telling you, it could drive a person mad checking all the details, even on a single droid, :r2d2line, because continuity was not Star Wars strong suit...

Nice pics Centurian. So is the head supposed to be dented or not dented?

Again... these weathered versions look perfect. Perfect I tell you! Great pics Centurion!! Oh and reg base is by far the winner also IMO

The EX looks fine to me, but I still prefer the regular

Thanks fellas! :hi5:

Yeah, I've always believed (since the announcement of this PF) that Sideshow got this one mixed up. The EX should have been the weathered version. They're more detailed and were like this for the majority of Episode IV. It was only during the final scene on Yavin where they were spotless. Alas, it's a subjective matter and the important thing is we finally have the droids we've been looking for. :yess:

This all comes down to the multiple suits and other droids that were used. I'm telling you, it could drive a person mad checking all the details, even on a single droid, :r2d2line, because continuity was not Star Wars strong suit...

No doubt.
I'm sure you're coming across all this while building your R2.

I saw pictures of the excl. over at the SF ... wow... they look just like hasbro toys. .. HORRIBLE IMO .. scarry .. I hope you guys who ever got the excl. wont be disappointed ..

so if... the reg is the way to go on those guys.. (was for me anyway to be honest...)

still not so sure if I could justify so much money for the quality to get ....oh what to do...

Easy way around this, you get both of them. :yess:

I ignore the price since this is the one hobby that I have in which it brings me happiness...and that I can never put a price on.

i like the exclusive but the droids were only like this in one scene in the whols sagger and that is the medal scene the way to remember these guys are nice and dirty and will go with a luke anh pf and now everybody has found out that they are plastic i think the ex will come down in price at some stage we hope lol

I don't think so. Even though I like the regular much better and think the majority does as well, the ES on the exclusive is extremely low for two such popular characters. I think the value will increase at least a bit in time just because there are so many Star Wars fans out there who'd want to own both versions. But yeah, for me there's no doubt about getting the regular even though it's open ES (or is it numbered like one of the boxes in this thread??) vs low ES. They just look a lot better weathered and on the same, better-looking base. :)

A look at the jaundice eyes C-3PO has been plaqued with in every film and a good look at some of the weathering effects. I hope someone can confirm if the neck is suppose to be silver:
9371279667_6b0e411274_b.jpg

Hit that high note 3PO! I think the arms can go higher than this but I stopped after a firm stop. Shoulders, elbows, and wrists are all points of articulation:
9371279783_8145958f3e_b.jpg

Those eyes light up looks great. I absolutely love that second picture of c3peeo. Think I'd pose him like that. I must resist this for now... but is very tempting with chewie on order but I must wait 749 is a big chunk of change with other notices coming in this month.

Great photos centurion congratulations keep'em coming guys

Watched parts of the films last night. Without question his neck is silver whenever you can get a good look at it. If you can't it looks gold because of the shine the gold gives off.

Screen grabs from actual film.

Silver Neck - YES.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at102541AM_zps6a0a02a2.png

Silver Leg (but SSC forgot the foot) - YES.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at102711AM_zpsd1f922dc.png

R2 silver back panel - NO.
ScreenShot2013-07-27at103045AM_zps046f6f8e.png

The PF look awesome!!! :horror

Honestly I think is one of the best 1/4 figures that Sideshow made in the Star Wars franchise.

Those eyes light up looks great. I absolutely love that second picture of c3peeo. Think I'd pose him like that. I must resist this for now... but is very tempting with chewie on order but I must wait 749 is a big chunk of change with other notices coming in this month.

Great photos centurion congratulations keep'em coming guys

I hope I get one without the dent also... Probably won't but I think it looks perfect in your photos.

Thanks fellas! :duff

Yeah, I reviewed Ep.IV yesterday.

The dent on 3PO's head is not there for a good portion of the 1st half. There are scenes where he has both the restraining bolt and no dent. The first time you get a small view of the dent is when Luke rushes back home to find his uncle and aunt have been murdered by the Empire. You can just make out the dent as you see 3PO carrying a dead Jawa.

The first time you get a good look at it is when they are on the cliff looking out towards Mos Eisley.

Back