Captain America PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cap PF is on a FedEx truck somewhere between the Atlanta sorting facility and my office.

HURRY UP, FEDEX!!!!

:tap

I thought you canceled this bad boy IJ.:confused:
Nope. I was able to twist Sideshow's arm to wait a few extra days before pre-authing my card! :rock

I DID have to cancel a lot of other stuff, though (including Asajj Ventress). :monkey2

I'm out of the woods as far as that previous financial crisis, but I'm behind on a few collectibles now (that's why I'm still selling off other stuff).

Thanks to SS being the awesomest, I was able to hang onto the Cap PF, though. :D

I love this pf it looks great in person, i'm glad i bought both.

Absolutely loving all these cool pics! I'm really tempted to track down the regular edition....and I'm usually a DC guy!

BTW, when displaying the USA Flag vertically, it should be turned the other way - so that the stars are in the upper left hand corner. :monkey3 I'm sure that Cap would appreciate it. :D

Got my Cap PF yesterday :chew
One helluva statue!

Only one problem though...
The left wing on his head is slightly broken. Not completly broken off, kindof halfway. It's not loose.
Do you think I should send it back and get it replaced (and risk getting a worse one) or just keep it? Everything else is top notch!
I don't think it will fall off on it's own.

Will post pics shortly, charging the batteries now.

Looks really bad in the pics.
I think I will try to get it replaced.
What do YOU think?

captbroke1.jpg

captbroke2.jpg

captbroke3.jpg

captbroke4.jpg

Looks really bad in the pics.
I think I will try to get it replaced.
What do YOU think?

captbroke1.jpg

captbroke2.jpg

captbroke3.jpg

captbroke4.jpg

That is the only thing wrong with it? I bet you can patch that up.. that and it's so small it would be hardly noticable if at all to outside observers. However, you the purchaser are aware of it and that's what is most important. All depends if you can accept that little flaw. I have a few statues with a lil' chip here... those I just shrug off and maintain the idea it could be much worse. If it is a dead eye sore, then I need to exchange it.

These things are so fragile. It's hard getting perfect copies.

If you do go the exchange for a new one route, there is the pain of repackaging, shipping it off, and waiting for a new one that could be potentially just as bad if not worse... those are other things to consider.

I personally think at the prices we pay we should be getting flawless pieces everytime, but sadly it doesn't work that way all the time. Is it worth your time and effort, and the chances that you maybe worse off with the next Cap? It's entirely up to you. After all, you're the one that has to see him every day in your collection.

It's up to you. In the end I don't think it should matter what we think but what you ultimately feel is right. Also, do you think you'll ever sell this piece down the road? If not, that's another thing to consider. Then resale value is not a concern. Having said that, with such a small blemish I can't see the statue's value being effected that much.

Last edited:
That is the only thing wrong with it? I bet you can patch that up.. that and it's so small it would be hardly noticable if at all to outside observers. However, you the purchaser are aware of it and that's what is most important. All depends if you can accept that little flaw. I have a few statues with a lil' chip here... those I just shrug off and maintain the idea it could be much worse. If it is a dead eye sore, then I need to exchange it.

These things are so fragile. It's hard getting perfect copies.

If you do go the exchange for a new one route, there is the pain of repackaging, shipping it off, and waiting for a new one that could be potentially just as bad if not worse... those are other things to consider.

I personally think at the prices we pay we should be getting flawless pieces everytime, but sadly it doesn't work that way all the time. Is it worth your time and effort, and the chances that you maybe worse off with the next Cap? It's entirely up to you. After all, you're the one that has to see him every day in your collection.

It's up to you. In the end I don't think it should matter what we think but what you ultimately feel is right. Also, do you think you'll ever sell this piece down the road? If not, that's another thing to consider. Then resale value is not a concern. Having said that, with such a small blemish I can't see the statue's value being effected that much.

Thanks for your reply!
Don't know it I'll try to repair it, not that handy and I'm affraid I'll do more damage to the piece.
I am fully aware that I might end up with a much worse one than what I've got now if I send it back. Will probably give it some more thought over the weekend since I can't do anything until monday anyway.

Won't ever sell this piece! :chew

Thanks for your reply!
Don't know it I'll try to repair it, not that handy and I'm affraid I'll do more damage to the piece.
I am fully aware that I might end up with a much worse one than what I've got now if I send it back. Will probably give it some more thought over the weekend since I can't do anything until monday anyway.

No problem! Always willing to give my advice to a fellow Freak! Especially one with the name of my favorite sci-fi character. See my avatar! :rock

Thanks for your reply!

Try this. Get some superglue and BARELY put any on the contact points. Just enough to hold the piece together. Maybe use a stick pin to put the glue on...then into the contact areas. Hold them together. Go get some lite weight spackle and smear it into any remaining cracks. Take a piece of lite grade sand and lightly sand the dried area. Then paint the fractured area with water based acrylic flat white. If you didn't live in Sweden,(I am in the US) I could fix this for you in about 15 minutes. Its an easy repair.

Thanks for all your input! :chew

I know you all seen him before but here's two more pics...

cap_a01.jpg

cap_a02.jpg

Well thanks to all of the AWESOME pictures in this thread, I broke down and ordered a regular edition PF Captain America! :rock

Keep your fingers crossed that there's nothing wrong QC-wise....it was the last one they had in stock. :eek:

Well thanks to all of the AWESOME pictures in this thread, I broke down and ordered a regular edition PF Captain America! :rock

Keep your fingers crossed that there's nothing wrong QC-wise....it was the last one they had in stock. :eek:

Boy, someone has been on a spending spree lately! :lol

Back