Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. I don't think Brie is anything special. This movie will probably be ok at best. It'll fire up the same hype as Wonder Woman--another movie that was ok at best. None of that matters though because...

giphy.gif

tumblr_onqmf3kvTF1w88fjao1_400.gif

Bre is a /better/ actress that Gadot so if it fails it won't be on her performance.

I like her, and I do think she's made for the role. But yeah, wow that costume is very (very) bad.

It's more like I'm Nostradamus looking into the future. Prepare yourself for yet another estrogen-fueled campaign will make this film break the box office. More theaters holding female-only viewings. Every convention will be a sea of Captain Marvel cosplayers and every Halloween party will have women that have never heard of this character acting as if she's always been their favorite female superhero. And marches--oh yes, there will be marches--filled with women rising up in solidarity daring you to say something against the matriarchy. The one good thing they have going for them is that Brie's rectangle head fits perfectly on t-shirts.

It's more like I'm Nostradamus looking into the future. Prepare yourself for yet another estrogen-fueled campaign will make this film break the box office. More theaters holding female-only viewings. Every convention will be a sea of Captain Marvel cosplayers and every Halloween party will have women that have never heard of this character acting as if she's always been their favorite female superhero. And marches--oh yes, there will be marches--filled with women rising up in solidarity daring you to say something against the matriarchy. The one good thing they have going for them is that Brie's rectangle head fits perfectly on t-shirts.

>tfw you can't relate because you're not American
tumblr_ovs694Fgzb1upo53yo1_1280.jpg

Seriously though, most of that WILL happen, but I doubt it's going to be a Wonder Woman level sensation. It'll come, a couple of aromantic dermisexual landwhales will write about its importance, Larson is gonna use it to talk about of how much help it is for women and minorities, etc, etc, and it'll fade away.

On a sidenote, why the Hell is Reddit so cucked? Seriously now.

wevjNVl.jpg

Reading complaints about her suit on a website of nerds is both surprising and not surprising. Do you honestly think she won't get her traditional colors?

The only purpose I see this movie having is to continue the MCU after they're done with the Avengers. They've already done most of the well-known characters they actually have the rights to, so now they're going through the list of D-listers and will probably do a solo movie for every single one of them.

No doubt this will get a 90% on RT too. :slap

The only purpose I see this movie having is to continue the MCU after they're done with the Avengers. They've already done most of the well-known characters they actually have the rights to, so now they're going through the list of D-listers and will probably do a solo movie for every single one of them.

The problem with Carol is that she has literally no memorable stories or villains. You can easily do a Mahr-Vehl flick or two about his relationship with Thanos and his death, but Carol has nothing. She's the epitome of "oh, yeah, she fought uh, a guy, and uh did some... super-hero... thing; then had coffee with... Spider-Woman?". Doctor Strange, Black Panther, although unknown, they have tons of stories and characters to pull from (Strange more than T'Challa). Captain Marvel exists just because it has to. It could be good enough, sure, but it's no Trilogy material.

Reading complaints about her suit on a website of nerds is both surprising and not surprising. Do you honestly think she won't get her traditional colors?

I don't disagree. For me it's just that 'teaser' suit, call it what you will looks really bad as a costume. Not because it's not traditional. As you say, I do fully expect us to get more than one suit, just obviously wrong to assume the first look would be the 'iconic' suit via official promo stuffs, rather then the set pics.

I also acknowledge there's no context to the photo's, so there could be a number of reasons she's in the green suit.

MCU has been making D list characters into A list icons since 2008.

DC/WB decided to go in the opposite direction by making their A-List characters a joke :lol

Bre is a /better/ actress that Gadot so if it fails it won't be on her performance.

I think Bree is one of those actresses who's performance (and ability) is totally up to the director working with her. She sucked in Kong. She's like Natalie Portman -- a great director can pull a good performance out of her. A poor one can't.

Secret Invasion :dunno

I see nothing wrong with that.

There are better characters though.

*looks at avatar and signature*
*moves on*

They got the xmen and FF back. They will devote all there attention on Xmen no doubt while mixing in the Dlist characters.

So what? Then people can’t complain about too many Captain Americas or Iron Mans.

It was also very true.

Also, it's remarkable how they tried to revert the Aquaman jokes by not having anybody talking about Aquaman at all after JL.

I guess their plan worked?

There are better characters though.

giphy.gif

Precisely. Of all the hundreds to thousands of characters in their libraries, they chose one of the downright lamest. But we'll know the truth a year from now.

*looks at avatar and signature*
*moves on*

Hey now I don't hate the MCU as a whole. :lol

I love *some* of their movies... but they've had just as many hits as misses IMO.

Jesus that was very savage of you.

Well in all fairness Iron Man was a C-list character prior to the 2008 film IIRC.

Back