Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'm shocked at how underwhelmed I am by this line-up. Usually each Celebration has 3 or 4 pieces that I absolutely love. That certainly isn't the case this time around.

This is probably my favorite, I love Busch's work and the Fett cartoon is just so damn eclectic and cool:

Matt-Busch-Art-LowRes.jpg

But man, not a single "must have" in the bunch. Bummer.

I don't like as many prints this year. Some good looking ones by people I never heard off...
Waiting for the Thomas Glinski and FLOSI prints to be revealed...

I love the idea behind this print but does anyone else think Han looks strange?
I think they all look strange... Except Chewie...

I have Boba and Leia.
Have not liked any sincwe.
I liked the Germany one, but it certainly wasn't as good as the first two...

I like the Alex Ross print and the Falcon one. However none seem to be a must buy.
I want Alex Ross mainly because I want to have a signed Alex Ross Star Wars item... I will likely buy that one... Depending on the price...

I want a yoda star tot
You and me both, brotha! :hi5: I hope there is a brown snake variant...

Wow. I'm shocked at how underwhelmed I am by this line-up. Usually each Celebration has 3 or 4 pieces that I absolutely love. That certainly isn't the case this time around.

This is probably my favorite, I love Busch's work and the Fett cartoon is just so damn eclectic and cool:

But man, not a single "must have" in the bunch. Bummer.
I agree on all counts!

I like the Jerry Vaderstelt , Malcom Tween, Tseneo Sanda, Doug Cowan and Scoot Harben prints. Not sure I will get any as I am out of wall space. I have a few I could sell and replace maybe.

I imagine that TFA will give Celebration art a much needed shot in the arm with so many brand new scenes and characters to depict.

There are only so many ANH collages you can do.

I like the Jerry Vaderstelt , Malcom Tween, Tseneo Sanda, Doug Cowan and Scoot Harben prints. Not sure I will get any as I am out of wall space. I have a few I could sell and replace maybe.
Walls? :dunno
I like the new one better than Dormans.
I prefer this Dorman print better than the other one... But I'm not certain this is Hoth, based on the top-right corner. Mountains?
lordvader.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Walls? :dunno

I prefer this Dorman print better than the other one... But I'm not certain this is Hoth, based on the top-right corner. Mountains?
lordvader.jpeg

Yeah I actually frame mine and put them up. I do have all my Dormans still in tubes because I havent got around to getting custom frames done since he had to use odd sizes.

Yeah that one is better.

Oh and Alex Ross won't be at Celebration. Just his company.

80/20 chance that the prints will not be hand signed if he's not there. Acme has gone to auto pen cause they don't want to ship the prints the artists and the pay for shipping back.

This is why Christian Wagoneer of no longer listed with Acme. He refused to allow autopen of his pieces and was dropped.

Just something to thing about as you flippers.... Er I mean collectors approach Ross' piece.

Yeah I actually frame mine and put them up. I do have all my Dormans still in tubes because I havent got around to getting custom frames done since he had to use odd sizes.

Yeah that one is better.
He was here in Milwaukee each of the last two years, and gave a presentation on how he created that piece. It was very interesting. I love talking to Dave Dorman.

Oh and Alex Ross won't be at Celebration. Just his company.

80/20 chance that the prints will not be hand signed if he's not there. Acme has gone to auto pen cause they don't want to ship the prints the artists and the pay for shipping back.

This is why Christian Wagoneer of no longer listed with Acme. He refused to allow autopen of his pieces and was dropped.

Just something to thing about as you flippers.... Er I mean collectors approach Ross' piece.
I just read that about Ross, and was coming in here to post that. I am bummed. I probably won't get it then. You mentioned artists pissed about autopen. I thought the artists have always attended in the past, thus can hand-sign. Are there other artists not attending besides Ross?

I can see Wagoneer being upset over autopen. He would take clear "paint" and paint brushlines on the canvas prints.

Dorman is insane. I have had some interesting conversations with him, and had friends have odd requests from him. To bad he isn't coming with another 2-3 boxes of APs of old sold out prints.:lol

He was here in Milwaukee each of the last two years, and gave a presentation on how he created that piece. It was very interesting. I love talking to Dave Dorman.

I just read that about Ross, and was coming in here to post that. I am bummed. I probably won't get it then. You mentioned artists pissed about autopen. I thought the artists have always attended in the past, thus can hand-sign. Are there other artists not attending besides Ross?
It's not that. That is the stance Acme is taking overall with their prints. So. . . If he will not attend is safe to say they will not be hand signed.

Anyone in attendance will sign.

Back